+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: 9/20 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/20 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

My opinion on the costumes - I didn't see the full ep just runway:

Dimitry - I could see this in a Rockette show, even though I do agree that the nude panels probably would be altered with another color - maybe a lighter blue. The skirt didn't bother me - nor did any short length - because these are Rockettes and if they're kicking there are some who'd say that it's not "decent" or "modest" (I kid you not - I have known people to complain about cheerleading photos because their skirts are short). It was beautify, cool and as Michael said, I could see this with a full skirt (not beaded mind you to the ground) in the Emmys or another fancy pants show.

Melissa - Well, hers was a tad too short, and it was a tad stiff, but she did create something that would be seen all throughout the Radio City Music Hall. It was unfortunate that yes, she did create a "1" but the ONE thing I do like is that Melissa is going beyond her monotone scheme.

Christopher - I liked it, it was worthy of a win... HOWEVER, I think the mistake was that the color was silver. I think this would've been stronger in black. Then again - I know that the Rockettes are of all races and such, so silver would be the right color in that case. The skirt didn't bother me because it has a high enough slit in it that you can kick in it.

Sonjia - This would've worked better if she had done a fabric feather type design instead of literal feathers. ( for those who watched "Big Brother" this season think of the skirt on Brittney's dress in the finale). It wasn't a bad design or idea just not well executed. She was safer than the bottom two though.

Fabio's was interesting. He did get the idea of the skirt needing to be able to move and the like. Was deserving of the safe though because it wasn't quite as interesting as the top three.

Elana - that was interesting. It wasn't well made, and yes the crystal neckline was TOO much. She had the heart and the right idea for a Rockette outfit in that it needed to stand out, but it took it to the extreme that you orbit the sun and then the moon and back again. I'm glad she got another chance though because she DID change her asthetic and even if it failed, at least it was creative. Koonan creative yes - but creative.

Ven - sorry, but snoozefest deluxe, and badly made (hem catch). You take away his flowers and pleating and you get this. For Radio City Music Hall, you do have to stand out because there is enough there to draw your attention away from the Rockettes believe it or not. He deserved to be eliminated this week, though I will admit Tim was far more polite than I thought he'd be. Then again - he did make a point in a way that the designers do have to work hard because if you think that you are just going to win with little thought in the design or safe designs... think again.

Sonjia - This would've worked better if she had done a fabric feather type design instead of literal feathers. ( for those who watched "Big Brother" this season think of the skirt on Brittney's dress in the finale). It wasn't a bad design or idea just not well executed. She was safer than the bottom two though.

LOL!
    Allie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I have lost interest in this season. I mean not just being busy and not being able to watch but even forgetting it was on. :-( I used to love this show. But now that Ven is gone maybe I can talk myself into liking it again. Although the baby ep sounds silly. I think the last season I really enjoyed was when Seth Aaron won. I kind of liked the All Stars, but it was not WOW enough in the design department.

I thought Christopher's dress was destined for the win. It was original and well designed and with the love for NYC there was no way it ws going to lose. The only thing I would change is to make the skirt a little more 'moveable' (I think Tim nixed the fringe idea) an to maybe have the starry upper part in a different color- maybe a midnight blue like the night sky.

I loved how Ven said Debra Messing liked his dress "second best" (or something to that effect). Unless they edited that part out- I think Ven dreamed that up in his own head. His dress was nice, but that's about it. It would be great for a cocktail party- but definitely a snoozefest for the Rockettes. I don't understand how he didn't see that.

I did love the simplicity and crafting of Dimitri's dress, but I think with the darker color it may not read well at RCMH and come across as a tad dull, but I did love it.

Next week...babies?? Are they going to crawl their way down the runway?? I suspect it may be "design an outfit for a baby AND their working Mom" or something like that. I can't imagine they are just designing something for babies. There is something they didn't show us in the promo. Gotta love the teasers...

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this week's episode.

I agree with the person who said Christopher's dress possibly needs a dark blue top part with stars. It'd make the dress stronger too without needing to change the skyline.

Would love to see what they get when it's in the Radio City Music Hall.

And seriously if Ven thinks his getup was suited for RCMH - as far as glamour and glitz... he deserved to be ousted.

Would've loved to see how Gunner would've handled this - it was the FIRST time I think the judges got the wrong designer out this season. Well, second with the fellow who had the real model challenge - the dress wasn't great and the ousting was justified; however, at least he listened to his client.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I watched last night by myself and again this morning with my daughter. I noticed something and wondered if I am just mistaken or did someone tell a lie???

In the workroom, before the second Mood outing, Tim is trying to help Melissa speed up her beading process. He picks up a trim and places it against her garment. It's long, thin and sparkly.

Later on the runway, the subject comes up and she says on the return trip, she purchased "the sequinned fabric and this trim". The trim she is referring to looks very much like the trim Tim had in his hand. Very Much!

Am I seeing things?
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I watched last night by myself and again this morning with my daughter. I noticed something and wondered if I am just mistaken or did someone tell a lie???

In the workroom, before the second Mood outing, Tim is trying to help Melissa speed up her beading process. He picks up a trim and places it against her garment. It's long, thin and sparkly.

Later on the runway, the subject comes up and she says on the return trip, she purchased "the sequinned fabric and this trim". The trim she is referring to looks very much like the trim Tim had in his hand. Very Much!

Am I seeing things?
    It looked similar, but I figured she just picked up some different trim when she was grabbing stuff at Mood and ended up using the newly purchased option for the final dress.

I liked Dimitri's design more than Christopher's. I liked the skyline idea, but I thought his skirt looked stiff and there were places in the back where the zipper looked like it wasn't laying flat. I thought Dimitri's looked fantastic and was perfectly executed! I do agree with others that the skyline dress might have benefited from some contrast.

I'm shocked to be saying this, but Elena actually grew on me even MORE this episode. Between her apology to Dimitri and her goofiness in the workroom she is starting to seem like a nice person! However, I don't really get her aesthetic so I still don't think she will win in the end.

I'm so glad Ven is out. His sadness at leaving was not enough to make up for his earlier display of arrogance, and meanness. Goodbye Origami Rose!!

ETA - I agree with the previous poster that it would make more sense if they are doing a mother and baby challenge next week. I also agree with the other previous poster that making them care for those "living babies" is absurd!! My son had to bring home one of those exact dolls for a weekend when he was in high school. They are a pain, but relatively easy to quiet down -- way easier than a real baby with colic! But still, what a ridiculous distraction. Are the judges planning to check the monitoring device and say designers can't win the challenge if they "neglected" their baby!? I watch this show to see designers create clothes, not to watch them take care of fake babies!!
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 09-21-2012 at 11:01 AM.
    jadewarlock, Debb70 and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

I hated Fabio's dress so I was surprised it was in the middle.

Elana's was a thousand times worse than Ven's. His dress could be improved with some color and maybe something outstanding where he had the triangle at the waist.

There was nithing you do to improve the terrible taste she displayed with that dress

Ven was definitely the correct person to sent home. He started out so strong and he is part of the last 8 designers so was able to show at Fashion Week so overall he did well. His clothes are very classic, very flowy. He just can't do out of the box challenges. Even now Tim Gunn has mentioned that the designers are always surprised at how hard the show is and how fast paced. That there is no down time. I think the shooting schedule is about about 6 weeks. The designers really do think that is one challenge a week. Ha Ha.

I do think that Dimitry should have won because overall he had the best outfit.

Chris had a great top but the skirt sucked.

Melissa, why is she stuck on that top. Also considering they are using the same models every challenge why are the clothes always so tight and short?

Fabio - no one mentions him at all. The gladiator look. ......mmmmmm Thought it would look better with out the shimmery top material. Why is he still here?

Sonjia - what happened to her? it's like every week she gets worse and worse. Was she dreaming of Barney?

Elena - I give her credit she went for it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast