+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: 9/13 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/13 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    General thoughts and observations . . .

Like quite a few of the rest of you, I LOVED Tim being called onto the judging floor regarding Ven's penchant for rose/origami clothing. The FIRST time, I loved it. The SECOND time, I felt: "Interesting! OK." The THIRD time, I said: "OK! CAN WE GET OFF this train, now? Been here, DONE this!!!!

I DO love me a rose, or two, but as far as clothing goes, ENOUGH WAS ENOUGH!!!!!!!

And I was REALLY done after he dissed Terri SO badly in the "Fix My Friend" challenge.

Far as I'm concerned, TPTB AND the judges let down all of the designers and us as viewers by not having ripped Ven a new one (or at least given him a very clear on-the-floor-at-the-scene-of-the-crime warning) after the THIRD origami creation. However, I'll go ahead and give them a pass on that one because, perhaps, maybe they DID off-camera, and we just didn't see it.

But to NOT have ousted him after "Fix My Friend" was TOTALLY inexcusable. They TRULY let all of the other designers and us viewers down by not taking the ball and running with it when they had a clear shot to do so. And to NOT do so was tantamount to rewarding Ven's bad behavior towards Terri, as well.

I must admit again, though, that I DID enjoy Tim being called out to verify whether or not Ven'd been warned about the one-trick-pony deal he had going on. In all my time of watching PR, I don't EVER recall that happening before.

And, perhaps, to do it THAT way, TPTB are working with Karma to give Ven one of the most spectacular ousters in PR history.

I SURELY hope so.
    Me too - because other designers in the past have been warned about possibly being ousted the next round if they didn't change modes quickly - i.e. Burt being told he should be very lucky he had immunity that week (I think the next week he was safe then the following ousted - but he listened).

But I really think they're setting Ven up for a huge ouster because I sincerely do NOT believe that he can stop any type of origami folding because the ONE time he didn't do that he was in the bottom two (Terri's incident), and he's too arrogant of a one way monkey (sorry, I'm STILL going to use Dimitry's misunderstanding of the slang ) to change his tune.

Christopher - Underwhelmed. And, yet ANOTHER zipper-up-the back. Meh.
    The dress was nice, but with a ladybug there were more opportunities than what he presented himself.

Dmitry - ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! Mondo may've won "All Stars", but that doesn't make him the be-all and end-all fashionista, so he needs to go somewhere, sit DOWN, and shut UP.
    Mondo needs a chill pill - like Anya said the coat actually ENHANCED the pattern because you're drawn into it and want to look more at the design to see how it works with the jacket. Anya overall came across as nice if polite in all her critiques, which is why I still like that she won her season.

Elena - Didn't care for her print, at ALL. And sure, it was a slightly scaled-down silhouette, but it was basically her SAME boxy cut.
    I give it to you on the boxy cut, but still sizing it down at least was listening to the judges unlike Ven.

Gunnar - The jacket seemed a bit large to me. But overall, I found it acceptable and liked it. He certainly shouldn't've been shown the door over it, I think.
    Me either - I just wish he had put the patterns closer together to give the illusion of houndstooth but closer look it had a deeper meaning. It was better than Ven's flower pattern (which - babbred, I can see why Tim said what he did - even if a bit vulgar (which I mentioned), because to me especially with the colors on the screen, it looks a bit like what he said it was, even restyled from the pleats).

Melissa - Gotta give it up to her. I'm not generally a dress person. But I REALLY liked this. The print, the dress itself, AND the styling. Very good!
    This is where I got irritated with Heidi - Melissa does something new, and the shoulder accents actually worked WITH this pattern. Had she done a strapless number it's been too safe, even with the nice print.

Sonjia - Those pants were glorious! She absolutely nailed it with the cut and fit. And I liked the pairing of the jersey top with them, too. I "got" the print. Another "Very good!" rating for me.
    I love these too - and will say this toward Mondo: if you had a beef with ANY of the designs tonight you should've been upset with Sonjia because her pants were similar to your pants in that challenge. Difference is Sonjia made them more of a tuxedo pant because of the teal/turquoise trim on the outside of the legs.

BTW - I'm not criticizing Sonjia's outfit because of that - I love the design immensely as well as the pattern, it's showing where Mondo should've had his high horse moment: not Dimitry's jacket.

Ven - Please. WAY past time to play another tune, Dude. And I thought the print was boring. And yes, I'm honest enough to admit that I LOVED what Tim said to him in the workroom to stop him dead in his tracks with his original design. WAY TO GO, TIM!!!!!

Maybe Ven's comeuppance is coming up soon??

We can only hope, watch and wait.
    Already said enough of it, but I didn't realize it stopped him in his tracks. That would explain the way the dress looked. Maybe it was subtle sabotage - though even there unintentional - on Tim's part.

For all of us that pray for a better cast next season, I think we're just delusional. We want it the way it used to be and no longer is while on Lifetime.
    I admit I get excited knowing I have a new episode to watch and then continually disappointed..with just barely any of the things we loved: like lots of Tim, longer time to make the clothes, etc.
    Dmitry: Loved everything about it and even thought he used his pattern quite enough...there was a reason why he didn't make the entire outfit from the pattern, Mondo...(who's hairy white legs gave me the ewwwwwwwww's today.)

Fabio: speaking of using enough of their pattern!! He barely used it. Not a very good look, IMO....

Elena: It was nice to see that girl finally happy and not complaining....she and her mother are quite the look-alikes. But her top just didn't look good...at all...not the pattern nor the design. If she'd had matching pants it would have looked like something Doris Day would wear in one of her comedys....like the Oriental/Asian PJs they all wore in the 50's.
    I might have liked it more then.

Gunnar: I might have liked that jacket with a different print/or not a print, maybe suade...looked like a Ralph Loren, horsey-type...but needed a more rustic material. I wish Ven had gone before Gunnar but i'm glad that he and Christoper got to know each other. In the beginning, I had him pegged for being more of a diva and bitc*ier and he really wasn't.

Melissa: What a beautiful classic dress...and the pattern was lovely. I'd buy it if I could also buy my 19 year old body too!

Sonjia: Those pants were beautifully tailored...she knew it had to be perfect and she accomplished it....I think she should have been given more credit for that. And she gave a bonus of a gorgeous simple top. She's very talented and skilled.

Ven: The top of that dress did not go with the bottom of that dress...like someone had cut 2 dresses in half and got them mixed up.
    I guess I was the only one who was a little surprised to hear Tim speak the way he did...it seemed so unlike him to be so crude....esp for someone who probably has never even seen what a used Maxi pad looks like. He is nothing but perfect refinement...so I'm not buying it. I'm thinking Lifetime stunt.
    I don't think Ven has a personality disorder....other than Narcissism!!! He loves his pleating/roses...he thinks the judges are wrong...he also will never quit doing those things.
    But I also don't think he should have been eliminated by being so cruel to his model a few episodes ago....I've seen a lot of bad behavior on this show but the goal is to create fabulous fashion. I think you get to be as mean as you like. Or not.
    Lizard likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't like the pattern on Sonjia's pants. I think it's just that to me when pants have a lot of pattern, they tend to look like pajama bottoms. Maybe if she had used that print on a dress, sirt, or skirt I would have liked it better. I don't know.

I still liked Dmitry's pattern the most.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The pattern in Sonjia's pants - as my daughter pointed out - looked like elephants touching trunks. If my memory serves me well, she explained the COLORS on the runway, but not really the pattern.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    For all of us that pray for a better cast next season, I think we're just delusional. We want it the way it used to be and no longer is while on Lifetime.
    I admit I get excited knowing I have a new episode to watch and then continually disappointed..with just barely any of the things we loved: like lots of Tim, longer time to make the clothes, etc.
    Dmitry: Loved everything about it and even thought he used his pattern quite enough...there was a reason why he didn't make the entire outfit from the pattern, Mondo...(who's hairy white legs gave me the ewwwwwwwww's today.)

Fabio: speaking of using enough of their pattern!! He barely used it. Not a very good look, IMO....

Elena: It was nice to see that girl finally happy and not complaining....she and her mother are quite the look-alikes. But her top just didn't look good...at all...not the pattern nor the design. If she'd had matching pants it would have looked like something Doris Day would wear in one of her comedys....like the Oriental/Asian PJs they all wore in the 50's.
    I might have liked it more then.

Gunnar: I might have liked that jacket with a different print/or not a print, maybe suade...looked like a Ralph Loren, horsey-type...but needed a more rustic material. I wish Ven had gone before Gunnar but i'm glad that he and Christoper got to know each other. In the beginning, I had him pegged for being more of a diva and bitc*ier and he really wasn't.

Melissa: What a beautiful classic dress...and the pattern was lovely. I'd buy it if I could also buy my 19 year old body too!

Sonjia: Those pants were beautifully tailored...she knew it had to be perfect and she accomplished it....I think she should have been given more credit for that. And she gave a bonus of a gorgeous simple top. She's very talented and skilled.

Ven: The top of that dress did not go with the bottom of that dress...like someone had cut 2 dresses in half and got them mixed up.
    I guess I was the only one who was a little surprised to hear Tim speak the way he did...it seemed so unlike him to be so crude....esp for someone who probably has never even seen what a used Maxi pad looks like. He is nothing but perfect refinement...so I'm not buying it. I'm thinking Lifetime stunt.
    I don't think Ven has a personality disorder....other than Narcissism!!! He loves his pleating/roses...he thinks the judges are wrong...he also will never quit doing those things.
    But I also don't think he should have been eliminated by being so cruel to his model a few episodes ago....I've seen a lot of bad behavior on this show but the goal is to create fabulous fashion. I think you get to be as mean as you like. Or not.
    Even when Tim is being "crude" he does it with such class. From what Tim said to the judges he feels frustrated with communicating any type of critique to Ven that he basically had to step it up.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Well... to a point I'd disagree with the bit that Tim wouldn't know that. It's not too difficult of a picture to draw up in your head if you've got an artist bone in your body. The colors too of both would factor in here - everyone knows what a maxi looks like thanks to the commercials, etc. (Sorry, TMI, but I've got to give Tim the benefit of the doubt here).

I'm not saying it wasn't a Lifetime stunt either, but it's a possibility it's both. From the sound of things Tim doesn't like Ven due to how he treated his "real woman" model as well as the repetitiveness so I think even he will turn a bit crass.

I felt Ven should've been eliminated the week of the real model because the dress was horrid, not his attitude (though yes, it was worse than that dress - and that dress was fugly). That dress didn't fit properly, made the model look wider, was outdated by at least 7 years, the slit and the zipper on the dress made her look like a 1940s tart.

The person who was eliminated was at least more creative, gave the girl the dress she wanted, and even if it was a bit "slutty" it was loved by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Given his attitude on the make-over challenge, I was surprised to see that Ven's sister is a plus-sized woman. Since the episodes are filmed long before they are shown, I am guessing she had not seen or heard of his attitude towards Terri Herlihy. Hoping he got a tongue-lashing and a butt-kicking from his sister when she saw how he acted.
    That was my initial reaction also. However, a bit later in the show I saw her again and I could have sworn she was pregnant. Can anyone confirm or refute this??

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    That was my initial reaction also. However, a bit later in the show I saw her again and I could have sworn she was pregnant. Can anyone confirm or refute this??
    That was definitely a pregnant belly. Not sure what she looks like usually though.

While looking online for a picture of Ven's sister to see if preggers or not, I ended up with some interesting pix.

1. there were many shots of Ven next to the dress he eventually made....the funny thing was from a distance, (this was a page - Google Images - with many, many photos) it looks like someone threw splotches of reddish/pink on a white dress. Seen far away, the dress looks awful, horribly horribly awful!!
    - and maybe I'll believe a tad more that Tim actually thought the Maxi pad remark up himself....altho not convinced entirely...and being an oil painter, I have to say that they were definitely fuchsia colored flowers, not red...which probably added to my thought that Tim's remark wasn't just his. (Not that I care that much...don't mean to be argumentative ..just nit-picky) To me, it's not about Tim but more my suspicion of Lifetime and dumb production/scripting/stunts.

2. Then I saw the horrible creation he made for the "real model"...and was angry all over again...poor woman.
    3.There were some pix of Ven, full-body....chunky men should not be bad mouthing other people's weight.
    Also, I think his attitude with the Real Model wasn't an aberration but his normal pompous, know-it-all way....maybe they don't show it that much to us. Nobody really talks to him, no banter, no joking. And his continual production of the folding oragami rose dress, ignoring the judges advice/admonitions, etc, just convinces me that he Knows Better and will do what he wants to do.
    I say, "Let him!" ....the sooner he's gone, the better.

What is worse about Ven's design is that I think he was trying to do a flower kinda like a hibiscus, but it's missing the stamens in the center. They really don't look like flowers to me to begin with.

That's the reason why I say for whatever opinion people have about Elana's print and design, she did at least have a bright print that worked in her outfit - even if it does look like high fashion scrubs. At least someone - even a nurse - would wear something like that more likely than Ven's dress.
    Lizard likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast