+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 9/6 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 9/6 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I hear Ven has promised to eat $5,000 of wildlife if he wins. That's why his popularity count is so low. lol
    YorkieMom and wannasee like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

I agree about the lackluster outfits. It is making me lose interest in the show. The short time frames they have to do these challenges is killing creativity and good design. Those things are what the show should be focusing on. They're artists by nature so the drama will follow. TPTB don't need to manufacture drama, especially by not giving tham enough time to really create some fantastic pieces.
    Shoepie, Dragonlady and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I agree about the lackluster outfits. It is making me lose interest in the show. The short time frames they have to do these challenges is killing creativity and good design. Those things are what the show should be focusing on. They're artists by nature so the drama will follow. TPTB don't need to manufacture drama, especially by not giving tham enough time to really create some fantastic pieces.
    I could not agree with you more. This show lost its punch when it left Bravo. I enjoyed the relationship the designers had with their models too. It added another dimention. It is flat this season. Where are the witty characters like, Jay, Austin, Santino, Andre etc.

I do like that the models are taking more time at the end of the runway.

Raising money to buy their fabric was not entertaining. Desiging for heavy women doesnt interest me either. Normal people in a healthy weight range does, though. Not saying there is anything wrong with anyone's weight; it is just my preference not to have that as a challenge.

Definately more time so we can see fabulous clothes!
    Dragonlady likes this.

The short time frames - a day - work with things such as "Project Accessory." There, save the shoes, most of the items can be made in a day. In a normal sitting, I can make a dozen detailed clay beads and a few other projects in a day or a single fused glass bracelet in the 6-8 hour days they have on that show.

Here? - I don't know of many sewers let alone designers who can sew even boxer shorts in a day. And save some people in the past few seasons whom I can see have an artist (as in painting/3D/jewelrymaking) mentality, most of them suffer from lack of creativity and it shows in their work.

Really agree with what's been said in these last few posts.
    I always get excited to see I have a new PR to watch (usually record it) but then the truth returns that PR just isn't the same great show it used to be.
    Like Pavlov's dogs, I'm "conditioned" to get excited but the result is usually disappointment.

Why all these challenges with such short time frames??? Just don't get a quality item. I don't see the point.
    And I prefer challenges with thin models mostly because with them (clothes hangers basically) you can actually see all aspects of a piece of clothing.
    And every week, I'm once again reminded what a cold, condescending "woman" Nina is!!
    pikachu likes this.

I don't think the "you have one day for this challenge" is specifically to challenge the designers and see how creative they are in just 24 hours....it's all about the production of the show. The faster they can churn out an episode, the cheaper it is to produce. Every time they give the contestents an extra day that is just one more day they have to pay all the people who work on the show (lighting, make-up, sound, etc). It's all about the money...and it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    This show is so depressing. Black/Gray/Black/Gray...where is the darn color?

Fall has beautiful colors from rust to deep gold to the Loden Green Sonjia used. If that team had made the dresses of colors other than black/gray, the collection would have been striking.

Amen! I once read a fashion book on "find your season and know what colors look best on you". According to the quiz, I am an "Autumn". The book showed gorgeous colors for my season: teal, auburn, plum, gold, emerald. When these fashions walked down the runway, therefore, I wanted to tear out my hair. "Where's the color?" That's why I totally agreed with Sonjia winning. She was the only one who truly met the challenge--design an autumn outfit that's well-made. Gunnar was a close runner-up with his lovely camel coat.

And somebody mentioned how the colors of the blouses didn't match the season. Again, amen! As soon as I saw them, I thought, "Dude, those blouses are 6 months too late! They belong in a spring challenge!" Paired with these dark colors, it just made the models look washed-out.

Anyway, the design elements these designers bring also depresses me; or I should say they don't have me oohing and awing.
    The only outfits that I have truly liked this season were the first couple that Ven designged. Otherwise, add me to the chorus that says these designers are boring and uninspired. This is the first time I can remember that I don't care who makes it into the final. Instead, I just know whom I want left out: Ven and Elena. Alas, Ven will probably make it since the judges kept him and he seems to coast every week now. Elena's bribing people to get votes just makes me dislike her all the more.

As far as who I would like to see continue to the end...probably Christopher, Sonjia and Gunnar. Duh, the winning team this challenge.

Agree!
    Last edited by Babbred; 09-08-2012 at 10:08 AM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Not that I actually get dressed up a lot ;-), but I do tend to wear a black jacket and black pants when I do. But I pair them with really bright shirts/blouses: royal blue, raspberry, red.

And maybe it was just me, but I had trouble seeing the "hunter green" in Sonjia's jacket. It just looked dark. And those pale pink tops were awful.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Not that I actually get dressed up a lot ;-), but I do tend to wear a black jacket and black pants when I do. But I pair them with really bright shirts/blouses: royal blue, raspberry, red.

And maybe it was just me, but I had trouble seeing the "hunter green" in Sonjia's jacket. It just looked dark. And those pale pink tops were awful.
    I do the same thing, partly because it is easy, it is inexpensive as and very easy to change per season. I am branching out and trying to so the same with a set of brown suit and blue but it is much easy to do it with black.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Gunnar was a close runner-up with his lovely camel coat.
    I believe Christopher made the camel coat, while Gunner made both of the dresses that were worn under the coats.
    NCLurker and Little Sew&Sew like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234