+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: 9/6 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: 9/6 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

This show is so depressing. Black/Gray/Black/Gray...where is the darn color?

Fall has beautiful colors from rust to deep gold to the Loden Green Sonjia used. If that team had made the dresses of colors other than black/gray, the collection would have been striking.

Anyway, the design elements these designers bring also depresses me; or I should say they don't have me oohing and awing.

As far as who I would like to see continue to the end...probably Christopher, Sonjia and Gunnar. Duh, the winning team this challenge.
    Shoepie and Babbred like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I think it's sick that Elena has the highest rating. I like her the very least!! And Dmitry is not doing much better popularity-wise than Ven. I just don't get it.
    I'm baffled by the numbers too. Perhaps it has to do with how the vote is count--apparently to vote you have to Tweet #TeamDesigner'sname, rather than vote through the Lifetime site. Maybe Elena has a lot of Twitter friends?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Elena the Antisociable has a lot of Twitter friends?? I doubt it. Either she's tweeting in votes for herself or this is Vote For the Worst at work.

Maybe people think they're voting for the person they want to send home. lol!
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Pikachu - "voting for herself" - my thoughts exactly!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I was thinking the same thing during the show, but I think the last time we saw this the judges really liked it. I was thrown for a loop by that because I thought the dress looked inside-out!

It took me a minute to remember what comment you were talking about, but when I did I was !
    It really was a surprising comment. I don't think it needs to be spoilered since it was right there in the preview. I can't remember the exact phrasing, but I will say it sounded like he was talking about someone's textile and/or design and he used the words "menstrual cycle"!

When I was just looking through the photos and checking out the fan ranking I realized that I don't really have a favorite at the moment. That actually really surprised me because usually I would have one or two clear favorites by this point in the show. I just don't find any of these designers very likable or interesting.
    Succinct - yes, you have it right on the comment, and I think many people's reaction to it.

And I do have a favorite right now - Sonjia. Even with her paranoia she does overall produce nice outfits. I'd love to see what she can do with more time to work on an idea - as we've seen with Bert and Gordana's L&T dresses. Both here not seen as real good designers on show but these dresses prove otherwise.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I don't feel like taking time to do a full review of each look this week. I didn't really like any of it except for Sonjia's jacket. I was disappointed by the lack of color in most of the outfits. I thought the model in Alicia's shirt and pants was styled like a dude (except for the high heels). Dmitry's dress wasn't bad, it's just that we've seen this from him before.

I take it all the designers are burned out, or else they're all one-way monkeys.

I really do think the format of the show needs to change. They keep doing shorter and shorter challenges, more unconventional challenges, more teamwork challenges. I'd rather have the show cut the pressure down on the designers a bit to give them an opportunity to produce better work. It's hard enough creating clothes without patterns, having a limited time to sketch and shop, etc, without only giving them a few hours to get an outfit ready for the runway. Then the designers don't even get a chance to rest before the next challenge starts.

I'd like to check online to see how long they had for challenges in season one, and how many times they had to work in groups. It's seems like every season they bump up the amount of work that needs to be done and cut back on the time and/or money given.
    Babbred likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I'd like to check online to see how long they had for challenges in season one, and how many times they had to work in groups. It's seems like every season they bump up the amount of work that needs to be done and cut back on the time and/or money given.

Okay, so it's Wikipedia, and therefore, might not be absolutely right, but it's a start:

Project Runway (season 1) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quick breakdown of budget in each episode: $50 - $50 - BR - $150 - $300W - $75 - $4=50 - $100 - $300NO

BR - is Banana Republic - no cost for fabric
    $300W - the wedding gown for your model challenge
    $300NO - Nancy O'Dell's Red Carpet dress

$50 seems rather low with today's prices, but probably more reasonable given people's budgets.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

If you go to a site called volunteermatchdotorg and do a search under "virtual oppertunities" you will find an "opportunity to volunteer" by logging onto Twitter and then voting for Elena as Project Runway fan favorite.. There is the promise that she will donate $5,000 to the World Wildlife Fund if she wins. What a crappy way to drum up votes.
    Last edited by Photobabe; 09-07-2012 at 05:12 PM.
    Florimel, ladygreco and Babbred like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

I'm surprised that the teams did not use Fall color palettes in their designs. Blacks and greys? Can they even be more creative in their color schemes?

http://static.weddingchicks.com/wp-c...ll_colors1.jpg

Pantone Fashion Color Report Fall 2012 - Fashion Design Trends - Pantone.com

I figured it was Alicia's time to go although I think Ven's skirt was dismal considering it's the only piece of clothing he worked on. Alicia missed elimination a number of times and last week she should have been the one to go. As for Elena, what an abrasive personality. I don't know why she doesn't clash with Gunner. She's quite immature really. I have a feeling she'll get the boot next week.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 09-07-2012 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    If you go to a site called volunteermatchdotorg and do a search under "virtual oppertunities" you will find an "opportunity to volunteer" by logging onto Twitter and then voting for Elena as Project Runway fan favorite.. There is the promise that she will donate $5,000 to the World Wildlife Fund if she wins. What a crappy way to drum up votes.
    There had to be a reason for her votes, because it certainly can't be on talent or whomever likes her!
    Florimel and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast