+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 8/30 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

8/30 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I saw this article while looking up information on this week's episode and thought it might be of interest to others. I don't think it's a spoiler because it doesn't indicate who wins the challenge. It's more like advance or supplementary news.

Project Runway Capsule Collection Coming To Lord & Taylor

Lord & Taylor is celebrating Project Runway's 10th anniversary in the most fashionable way possible and launching a capsule collection!

For the 10-piece collection, one designer from each season created a signature piece, and goes on sale the day after the 10th season's design is revealed on the August 30th show.

As the show's new sponsor, Lord & Taylor will host a special event on Fashion’s Night Out where all 10 designers will be hanging out at the Fifth Avenue flagship.

Those designers include: Jay McCarroll, Nick Verreos, Uli Herzner, Chris March, Korto Momolu, Gordana Gehlhausen, Seth Aaron Henderson, Mondo Guerra, and Bert Keeter.

Check out the 9 designs priced under $350!

Project Runway Capsule Collection Coming To Lord & Taylor | CocoPerez.com

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Info about challenge for 8/30 episode

Bert's dress is very pretty and Jay's is very nice, but I think I like Gordana's best.

Thanks for posting this pikachu!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I like Bert's the most, although I would never look as good in a dress like that! I'd be most likely to wear Uli's dress. I don't like my upper arms so I like to keep them covered. All of the dresses are beautiful.

Thanks for posting these. I really like them. It's actually hard to pick a favorite. It's Seth's, no wait, Gordana's, no Korzo's... Probably ny least favorites are Nick's and Chris's but they're still good, it's just a preference thing.

I really like Seth's black suit thingy. It's so simple but so gorgeous. I think I like Jay's the least.

Is anyone watching tonight?
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Re: 8/30 Show Discussion Thread **West Coast Spoilers**

I like all the designs but have to say this about Bert and Gordana's - WOW, with the right amount of time can they design. These are my favorites not just because they're pretty, but they show how I feel designers now are a bit screwed over by the way they do the time frames for projects this season (1 and 2 day challenges - though the latter rare).

I watched parts of the ep, and will say just one thing - I disagree about the winner. I think it should've been Fabio or Elana's based on the ones were seeing here from previous designers. That said, all of the top four were lovely and wearable and with a bit of editing here and there from concept on the runway to the store, they'd all sold IMHO.

Bottom two - I agree with also. That said, had both not been saved, I'd eliminated Gunnar because his dress has been done and is in stores now. Alicia's was actually my favorite of the bottom two - not perfect by any means, but it had interest and could be worn for a night on the town or work.

(BTW, I think both were saved because they eliminated someone the week walk out diva (will not dignify her actions with her name anymore) and Koonan quit, but only brought back one person, so there was still a net loss of one more than the pace of the season).
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 08-30-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    Endit likes this.

Bert, Seth's and Goradana's please! Just back from staying in a cabin so had no internet. Hope to watch the show online.

Chris' is actually what I like the least. There are 9 dresses, you'd think they would have made all the past winners (Seasons 1-9 + 1 all Star) to design the dresses instead.

It's interesting that they all like the dresses tonight so they did a top 4 and a bottom 2.

What a cop out though because nobody was eliminated. So are we having a double elimination some time?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast