+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

8/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Who are dropping like flies?

Please keep all discussion in here until 10:30PM PT / 1:30 AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 8/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Did Kooan and Andrea really quit? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Did Kooan and Andrea really quit? Why?
    It is not on here yet, but I remember Kooan saying he has trouble creating when he is not happy and he looked so sad. :-(

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

IMHO Andrea quit because she is a coward and Koonan quit because he's a bit of a nutter. He said he wanted to go do his own fashion without restriction, but with NINE seasons (plus All-Stars and other specials) anyone who applies for this show should freakin' know there are challenge parameters. At this point, I think the screening process should involve making certain the potentials have actually seen the show and believe the time constraints are real. I'm sure Tim Gunn would agree, as he was aghast on The Daily Show that the current batch thought the time limits were fiction. If they were, we'd certainly have seen a hell of a lot better designs over the past 9 seasons. Or at least I hope we would have.

Squiggy came back from last week's elimination and didn't do so hot and wanna-be Patricia Fields was off'd. Buffi was fun and nice and all, but she clearly wasn't PR winner material with what she's sent down the runway. Her quirkiness could have been a Seth Aaron or a Christian (or even the dreaded Jeffrey) kind of gal, but she never got there since her construction was so poor. Anya being the outlier, know how to sew. It's the same as Top Chef--even if you aren't a pastry chef, have a dessert in your back pocket. Learn the groove of the show. It isn't that hard, since I'd guess 99.95% of us could see this coming eventually. Maybe not this week, but soon.

One nitpick for me...when did Hayden Panettiere become an arbiter of fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    One nitpick for me...when did Hayden Panettiere become an arbiter of fashion?
    Haven't you heard? Being photographed half naked for the entertainment blogs means you're a fashion maven now.
    dzigner and Allie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Save the cheerleader...save the fashion world!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

I am having a hard time getting into this season. It always takes awhile but it is taking longer for me to click this time.

Sonjia is the only one standing out to me so far.

Kooan and Andrea going is fine with me; I didn't like either of their styles and found Andrea irritating.

I guess in future seasons they will be sure to tell them the time allotments are real. How odd they didnt know that. Former contestants have been very verbal about that.

I was thinking that about Hayden.

LAST WEEKS EPISODEI just now watched last weeks episode. The dress on Laura was my favorite. Kenley looked beautiful in her own yellow design. And she was not attention seeking at all when she wore the outfit. The one in white could have said nice things. What she was saying was that she was a better designer. And the losing dress was just pure awful, a cut problem I guess. I would not put any woman in a halter top unless they told me they were crazy about them.

The guy who came back--I want to cut his not right forehead lock. His outfit reminded me of a bad 1980s Madonna outfit. I think he deserved to go the most. I did not find the lady who was auffed outfit so so bad. Maybe it just lacked construction. And it could have been much better. These people with specific tastes need to find a little bridge to other people's tastes before they get on the show and under fire.

People leaving It is almost like the college student who drops a course but not quite. The college student wants release from feeling bad for homework he or she feels that they have not done. And who cares about a dropped course....... The leaving people want release from being judged? They fear putting out something ugly? So they would prefer to leave before they create ugly.....They should just stay on. Only three people really get to make it. This was ONCE IN A LIFE TIME exposure that could help their careers. BoBo hair should have just stayed on. This is one situation where they could challenge themselves without actually challenging themselves.
    Debb70 likes this.
    You can do it!

I was disappointed when Buffi was ousted. Yes, she had the fallen hem; however, we had candy - lots of it, fall off a couple of weeks prior and most of those were safe (i.e. Irina in particular). That's poor construction too.

At least Buffi TRIED - I do not respect Andrea's departure and Koonan I think they determined he long term couldn't continue for his own health. Still I agree - they should research this show before entering as it does have time constraints.

Squiggy was safe I feel because they didn't want to do a revolving door around him.

The top three I agree with - and it was a tossup between Dimetry and Sonjie. I was glad Sonjie won though because I felt her outfit was better than Ven's week before last.

And - I felt it was confirmed that Ven is a bit of a prima donna due to his comments from being just safe.

FORT Fogey

I watched the previous week's show while I was waiting for the new show and it was interesting that Andrea walked off camera while she was being interviewed regarding Christopher's of the outfit. She said something like "I don't want to be on camera ...shut that off" and she got up and walked off set. So her "running away" was already be shown in that reaction.

I predicted in last week's thread that it would be Koonan leaving. According to Heidi, he was more of a basket case than was shown last night.

I also heard one other thing that I loved. When Ven was asked about Kenley, he said "She had on a Peter Pan collar"....and that said it all. During the run way, if I didn't know it was her, I would not have recognized her. I think she had some cosmetic work done to fix her mouth and maybe did a touch up on the eyes. She did not look like the previous Kenley

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast