+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: 8/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/9 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

"She had on a Peter Pan collar"....and that said it all.
    I am not sure what you mean. She was wearing a Peter Pan styled collar when they met. Did you think it had more meaning than that?

.... and Koonan I think they determined he long term couldn't continue for his own health.
    What is up with his health?

The way he announced leaving made me think that the producers had talked with him about it and supported his departure.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    One nitpick for me...when did Hayden Panettiere become an arbiter of fashion?
    I was thinking the same exact thing. How many times did she mention shoulders. I think it got to the point where the other 4 judges were ignoring her. The designs she wanted to wear where the ones the other 4 hated the most.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What is up with his health?

The way he announced leaving made me think that the producers had talked with him about it and supported his departure.
    Sorry mental health, and yes, he apparently talked with the mental health person they keep on hand in these reality shows and they determined it was in his best interest to walk away.

And - speaking as someone who has felt that pressure to be perfect, I can feel where he's coming from. My case, I ended up going PT at that job and PT at a Six Flags park - and my mental health increased so much afterward (though I was working 6 days a week - four were fun at the park).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Sorry mental health, and yes, he apparently talked with the mental health person they keep on hand in these reality shows and they determined it was in his best interest to walk away.

And - speaking as someone who has felt that pressure to be perfect, I can feel where he's coming from. My case, I ended up going PT at that job and PT at a Six Flags park - and my mental health increased so much afterward (though I was working 6 days a week - four were fun at the park).
    What is PT?

And where are you reading to get this scoop?!

I liked Buffy, but I just didn't understand her concept. That lighweight, bright fabric over that very different fabric, didn't make sense to me. It was similar to a swimsuit and a beach cover up. That's the only thing it reminded me of and beachwear was not the assignment. It also did nothing to flatter the girls body. People kept telling her to be herself. But, what if you as a person have poor taste in designing? What then?

FORT Fogey

Deb, I agree with you about Buffy. Poor, poor taste and determined to not see any other POV.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Pictures are ready! Just one note...the theme of the challenge this week was NOT the tv show Heroes. However, when I heard that Hayden Panettiere was going to be the guest judge this week, I couldn't resist doing a Heroes-themed photo presentation. I hope that the Heroes fans enjoy the fashion tribute and that the non-Heroes fans will indulge my geekdom.

I'll use a different background in the pictures for the individual designers' threads.

dzigner, Allie, MFWalkoff and 3 others like this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

If Buffi had gone black as suggested by Christopher, the pattern wouldn't have looked as jarring with the gauzy coverup...maybe even a bit sophisticated; but Buffi isn't sophisticated and she knows it. Best to leave now before her lack of finishing really gets her in trouble.

Kooan wasn't a fit for this competition and I think we should go back to the auditions and selections where they want at least one artist in the group. Usually the artist lasts two episodes and it was at two episodes that he realized he didn't fit in. As far as Andrea...she probably thought, with her experience and credentials, she wouldn't be slammed like she was - especially by a young punk. She just didn't have the fight in her to get through it. What did surprise me, besides sneaking out in the middle of the night (did she pack her bag?) was not notifying production of her decision. An email halfway through the next day does not cut it.

Ugh with the Squiggy. I think the only reason he was brought back was that he was closest in proximity to production places. He had been eliminated the night before and hadn't yet left the city. He is one who is truly not fit for this competition.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    What is PT?

And where are you reading to get this scoop?!
    PT here is Part Time - I'm sorry I forgot that not everyone on here would know that due to it being international or just odd lingo (or confuse with physical training )

As far as scoop - you'll have to Google it as I can't do a link on this site (it's frowned upon).

Also, I was hoping that they'd have a non-elimination round this go due to two leaving and only one returning. All they did was eliminate a double elimination challenge.

As far as Buffi - she does have some style sense (her first challenge outfits were good) but she's one who needs more time I think.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast