+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 8/2 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Hmm...the title of this episode is "Welcome Back (or Not) to the Runway"...

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET, 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show! Forum threads will be reopened after the show airs on the west coast.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 8/2 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Oy, a partners challenge, and making it worse, some of the toughest prior contestants as clients. At least the designers were all pretty honest that no one likes working in pairs. And, for the love of the reality tv gods I caught no one (I'll gladly be corrected) for saying "throw me under the bus".

I could not believe that Kooan and Gunnar were in the top; I fully expected Irina to trash them beyond the "sewing skills" comment. I kind of believe she did but it wasn't shown. I'm okay with Ven winning again with his and Fabio's look for Kenley, just for the fact they kept Kenley from throwing a bitch fit, tossing a cat, or otherwise melting down. Plus, they kind of brought her forward at least 5 years in her fashion. But why the hell was Fabio wearing Ally Sheedy's outfit from "The Breakfast Club" on the runway?

Pointy-banged Raul never blew me away before, so whatever on his going, but I agree that Alicia should have gone too. So it's pretty obvious Andrea is the one who takes off in the night, but is it Christopher or Kooan who goes mental-breakdown? I dunno. I previously thought it'd be Dmitry just because he looked a bit shady, but since he's really Loki, he'll stay around until Heidi vanquishes him to Asgard.

And here's a question for the people who can sew: is "marrowing" (or however what Andrea did is spelled) the same as surging? Or at least in the same ballpark?

rotfl at the image of Kenley "tossing a cat"!
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Oy, a partners challenge, and making it worse, some of the toughest prior contestants as clients. At least the designers were all pretty honest that no one likes working in pairs. And, for the love of the reality tv gods I caught no one (I'll gladly be corrected) for saying "throw me under the bus".

I could not believe that Kooan and Gunnar were in the top; I fully expected Irina to trash them beyond the "sewing skills" comment. I kind of believe she did but it wasn't shown. I'm okay with Ven winning again with his and Fabio's look for Kenley, just for the fact they kept Kenley from throwing a bitch fit, tossing a cat, or otherwise melting down. Plus, they kind of brought her forward at least 5 years in her fashion. But why the hell was Fabio wearing Ally Sheedy's outfit from "The Breakfast Club" on the runway?

Pointy-banged Raul never blew me away before, so whatever on his going, but I agree that Alicia should have gone too. So it's pretty obvious Andrea is the one who takes off in the night, but is it Christopher or Kooan who goes mental-breakdown? I dunno. I previously thought it'd be Dmitry just because he looked a bit shady, but since he's really Loki, he'll stay around until Heidi vanquishes him to Asgard.

And here's a question for the people who can sew: is "marrowing" (or however what Andrea did is spelled) the same as surging? Or at least in the same ballpark?
    I wonder if it's the same thing as boning a bodice?

Doh! I looked it up! You do use a serger:
    Serger Stitches - Stitches that are Sewn With a Serger

I think the Kenley dress with a really nice diamond broach at the waist would look great at a red carpet and if they did up her accessories.
    Florimel likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

ARGH I hate quitters! Andrea should be ashamed of herself. She took a spot from someone who wanted to be there and wouldn't have skulked off in the middle of the night. Has she never watched this show before? It's not all rainbows and butterflies and people actually WILL criticize your work. Jeez.
    sweetpea, Shoepie and Babbred like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Andrea is so odd. Her giggling would have given me fits, too. Clearly she was the obvious one to eliminate. Both dresses were terrible but I would have preferred to see the two who specialized in men's wear advance. I love women in a feminine version of men's wear. Too bad they didn't go with a dressy suit. They thought they had to do a gown. Too bad.

Ven is clearly the stand out this season. We are going to hear the same critique as Rami got, eventually. That being, can you do anything else; we keep seeing the same thing. Final 3 for sure and probably the winner.
    Babbred likes this.

I thought they said Elana, not Andrea, but that may be Buffi's accent to be fair. Not surprise though - I thought Christopher would've quit on the spot at judging and the bitching on the Runway even resident "bitch" (though I felt she was being more observant at times than the term) at times Mila looked uncomfortable.

As far as the designs (I'm using the model's names:

Lauran: I liked the structuring but not the coloring ideas. Glad they were safe though. It was a nice enough dress.

Kenley's was so lovely and she looked lovely in it - much better than most of her retro gear she wears. Glad it won - it was IMHO hands down the winner.

Valerie: Decent enough dress, but I didn't like the color on her. Did like the fact the team CORRECTLY used glittery materials though.

Anya: Oh dear, the dress was OK on her but the slit was NOT in the right spot. I actually liked this silhouette on her though and she seemed happen enough but not totally pleased.

Irina: Dress looked good on her in spite of fit issues. She is still a major bitch though, and I felt bad for the pair who got her. I do think however it upped Koonan's game.

April: This made her look old on the front side (though the purple hair doesn't help out. The back was nice though. It was nice enough and well made to be safe, but something more youthful would've been better.

Mila: I have NEVER felt as sorry for Mila as I did last night. You could tell she was so unhappy with that dress and probably wished for the print regardless of it being "too casual" for Emmy. Personally I thought it was a subtle enough print to work, but that's me. Deserved to be the bottom look.

Next week will be interesting in regard to who all quits. I do find it however disgusting that a designer would just up and leave without respecting the judges by saying they're leaving. Plus leaving in the middle of the night in NYC is dangerous - the cameramen ain't going to follow you when you quit until you get on a plane.
    Babbred likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from this episode:

Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast