+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 7/19 Road to the Runway & Premiere Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

7/19 Road to the Runway & Premiere Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

2 1/2 hours of new Runway! Fasten your seat belts...

Please keep all discussion in here until 1:30AM ET / 10:30PM PT.

Enjoy the show! Forum threads will be unlocked after the shows air on the west coast.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 7/19 Road to the Runway & Premiere Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I like the guy who used red in a lot of his pieces. I've been on a red kick fashion-wise lately. I went from having only one red dress and a few red shirts to having a red purse, red shoes, and other red tops.

I had to laugh at Mondo wanting a hat and buttons from Gunnar. I figured Mondo would like him because that cape with the plaid pattern looked like something Mondo himself would design.

I wonder who the other people on the judging panel with Mondo were? Earlier on, I could have sworn Mila there along with a guy I didn't recognize. Then later there were two guys on the panel and I didn't recognize either of them. I wasn't sure if they were other past contestants or not. Huh, right now it's Nick Verreos and some girl with Mondo.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I like the guy who used red in a lot of his pieces. I've been on a red kick fashion-wise lately. I went from having only one red dress and a few red shirts to having a red purse, red shoes, and other red tops.

I had to laugh at Mondo wanting a hat and buttons from Gunnar. I figured Mondo would like him because that cape with the plaid pattern looked like something Mondo himself would design.

I wonder who the other people on the judging panel with Mondo were? Earlier on, I could have sworn Mila there along with a guy I didn't recognize. Then later there were two guys on the panel and I didn't recognize either of them. I wasn't sure if they were other past contestants or not. Huh, right now it's Nick Verreos and some girl with Mondo.
    It is not on here yet, but in the finalist for a spot on the show panels online, Seth Aaron was one of the judges at times.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Well, here's my first blush look at S10E1. The "ten year" talk was ridiculous unless I overslept and it's December, 2014. The HD shooting is NOT doing the judges any favors. It was good to see Tim. The 90 minute format still bugs me; I zone out during the work room stuff because we don't actually see thoughtful deliberations, just constipated facial expressions and struggles with the machines, leading me to think Brother sewing machines are quite possibly the worst brand ever (I know they're not crap.....it just comes off that way). The gal who lost should have studied sewing, but then Anya didn't know how to sew, so I understand the roll of the dice. Speaking of Anya, the gown from the guy who won seemed like a tailored version of the typical Anya dress, so the judges are stuck on a look. And the guy who won reminded me of a (albeit somewhat slimmer) version of Michael Costello.

I'm wondering who the two quitter designers are; at this point, I'd peg the ballroom dancer guy as the mental break down guy, just because he kind of looks like Marilyn Manson sans make-up and the older lady as the one who packs up in the middle of the night, just because she kind of looks like the type to live in a door man building. But that's pure speculation. The only "insider" knowledge I have is that walking past the PR "mural" on the High Line at Chelsea Piers makes you feel judged; it was 95 and I was in a t-shirt and shorts, I did not need that when I was there Monday.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Let me say that I am so glad to have this show back on the air. I missed Tim Gunn the most.

If Gunnar had been successful in securing a spot last year and he had been a competitor with Joshua M . . . . well, I probably wouldn't be watching this year because the two of them together would have pused me over the edge.

Twenty minutes into the show and I was ready to throw Gunnar out a window and I might well have tied Lantie to him as a two-for-one special.

Early favorite is Ven, Sonjia and Christopher (based as much on personality as talent). Not sure about Dmitry - initially, I did not like him, but I am willing to give him another chance. Andrea reminds me of a neighbor I had years ago - very sweet person, but you just never knew what she was going to be wearing from day to day!
    Jezebella likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Boy do I wish Gunnar was sent home. He is so annoying. Sheesh! Even though I wanted Ven to win, I'm glad the other guy did. Take that Gunnar!

So far, I really like Ven. His designs gave me life. Can't wait to see what else he does, and I hope he sticks around for a while.

Wow~ Where is everyone?
    I read earlier this week how folks were SO excited to have PR10 back on the air. I come here, aaaand...

~crickets~

Unlike kireelady, I didn't wish Gunnar off. Not even close. Beatrice was awful.
    Besides, annoying doesn't get folks the "you're out" boot. Just look at Season 9. And 8. And 7. And...

Like it or not, I think the cat fights between Gunnar and Christopher will be one of the main draws of this season.
    However, I do agree with kireelady that Ven is definitely the front runner. Unless Mondo is a guest judge at the end. He is all about Gunnar's buttons.

I always enjoy seeing Nina Garcia and Michael Kors back in their chairs, but to me (and most of you, I'm sure) Tim is the star of this show. Gotta love the impeccable "Make it work people!" guy!

Here's to Season 10 --- and allllll the drama it's sure to deliver!
    jucamer likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

So far, Ven is who I'm pulling for.

Beatrice . . . Wow. I swear, that cape thingy she made looked kinda like a poncho my cousin used to wear back in 1973. And, yes, I KNOW the designers pretty much liked the dress she had under it, but I sure didn't.

Kooan (sp?)??? Certifiable nutjob, methinks.

Gunnar? I can clearly see WHY he didn't make it last time, and I hope he's not long for this world THIS time around, either. He's a Jerk-in-Training. Oh well, I suppose EVERY show has to have at least one, I guess.

Lantine? Was that the one with the snakeskin touches? Those duds reminded me of something you'd wear to a late fifties/very early sixties tea party. Ewwwwwwww.

Christopher's gown WAS nice, but I do wish Ven would've won. The origami stuff he did on that bustier and dress was SO pretty! And the pantsuit was really sharp, too!

I JUST LOVE TIM GUNN! And I'm glad to see Heidi and (so far, at least!) Michael and Nina back, too.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I had a lousy day but PR made it all better!
    Not the best showing but still it's back and I'm happy.
    Gunner is truly a cranky-pants...won't miss him when he goes...I don't like petulant divas.
    I also thought Alcia's designs were a lot worse than the judges did.
    Can't wait for the drama to begin.
    And Hello to lovely Tim Gunn....you've been sorely missed.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

It's really bugging me that they put PR up against Big Brother's live eviction/HoH show every week. This guarantees that I'm going to watch the later rerun of PR.

Gunnar gets on my last nerve. I can't wait for him to go. Christopher may be arrogant, but so far his talent backs it up. Gunnar just wants to make dresses for Designing Women.

Looks like next week we might see who had a meltdown and quit! *rubs hands together*
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast