+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 7/19 Road to the Runway & Premiere Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/19 Road to the Runway & Premiere Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I still think the Japanese cuckoo guy should have gone home. Nobody would want to wear either of his dresses....well maybe in a costune Halloween party. They only kept him because they find him quirky and they like to see what other wacko designs he can make, especially in one of those challenges where one makes clothes out of scraps from some store.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe View Post
    I still think the Japanese cuckoo guy should have gone home. Nobody would want to wear either of his dresses....well maybe in a costune Halloween party. They only kept him because they find him quirky and they like to see what other wacko designs he can make, especially in one of those challenges where one makes clothes out of scraps from some store.
    I'm not surprised he is still here - he's one of those odd avante garde designers we want to see, at least for right now. His outfits were OK on a fashion runway sense, but no - not wearable in a normal every day setting. (BTW - his portfolio - I find the unitard with the Japanese fan between the guy's legs poor taste).

What got me more though was his hair - I had just caught the last part of the show with the judging the first run and thought "Why is he wearing a Russian fur hat on his head?"

Only to find out when I watched the first part in the second run... that was his hair with a braided headband.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

The Japanese guy's designs looked just like they where designed for an animie character. Dimitry may be our next Kane. I still love the flower cami but it would be just too big for my frame. I would wear it in a smaller version. I awnt that pink dress!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Pikachu, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to post all these designs on the Runway....
    It helps me (and others) so much to be able to refer to the designs without having to bounce back and forth from another website...and we can quickly see what others are talking about in their posts, etc.
    Just a very helpful way for us to use....and I know it takes a lot of work and time...so thank you...thank you.
    Pikachu, I totally agree with Dragonlady. She really beat me to the punch in sending out HUGE thanks! I --WE-- really appreciate the effort you had to have gone thru to get all those pics posted PLUS the designer. Invaluable stuff.

Thanks again. <3
    dzigner and Allie like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Yes! Thank you so so much!
    dzigner and Allie like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    So far, Ven is who I'm pulling for.

Beatrice . . . Wow. I swear, that cape thingy she made looked kinda like a poncho my cousin used to wear back in 1973. And, yes, I KNOW the designers pretty much liked the dress she had under it, but I sure didn't.

Kooan (sp?)??? Certifiable nutjob, methinks.

Gunnar? I can clearly see WHY he didn't make it last time, and I hope he's not long for this world THIS time around, either. He's a Jerk-in-Training. Oh well, I suppose EVERY show has to have at least one, I guess.

Lantine? Was that the one with the snakeskin touches? Those duds reminded me of something you'd wear to a late fifties/very early sixties tea party. Ewwwwwwww.

Christopher's gown WAS nice, but I do wish Ven would've won. The origami stuff he did on that bustier and dress was SO pretty! And the pantsuit was really sharp, too!

I JUST LOVE TIM GUNN! And I'm glad to see Heidi and (so far, at least!) Michael and Nina back, too.
    Hiya Ness! I'm with you I am SO glad to see everyone back even Nina!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234