+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 7/19 Road to the Runway & Premiere Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 7/19 Road to the Runway & Premiere Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Wow~ Where is everyone?
    I read earlier this week how folks were SO excited to have PR10 back on the air. I come here, aaaand...

~crickets~
    I've been wondering the same thing. There are less and less posts in the forum lately.

I wonder if it has to do with having to wait for the West coast airing to post.

I mostly check and post while and immediately after an episode is airing.
    cubsfan55 likes this.

I loved the pink bustier & the accompaning pink dress. I don't understand why this look didn't win. I would wear both outfits. I understand why the guy who won the challenge won but his second piece was not really well made & ill fitted.

My man Tim Gunn is BACK!
    ness and cubsfan55 like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I usually wait until after pictures are posted to comment because then I have something to reference. Speaking of which, it will be awhile before I get the pictures done. There were a lot this week. I only have 3 designers ready to post but I have the pictures copied and a template made so the rest should go faster. I'll get them done as soon as I can after lunch.
    ness and Little Sew&Sew like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm one of those westerners who doesn't get to watch as early as others. I didn't even manage to stay awake to the finish last night. We hit the DVR recorder, so I'll watch the runway portion and the judging later today.

But I wouldn't miss an episode of PR!!!!! (Even if I don't see it right away.)

I haven't watched yet. Excited to watch it tonight.
    Allie and cubsfan55 like this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I didn't stay up to watch it but plan to watch it online asap. Forgot to hit record last night, darn it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of the fashions from episode 1:

MFWalkoff and cubsfan55 like this.

Episode Notes:

I love that they started of the season with a regular challenge with regular fabrics. Itís hard to know if you like a designerís style if they start off with a weird textile challenge.

My critiques:

Alicia:
    I hated Aliciaís clothes. I didnít think they were modern, sophisticated, sexy, or anything the average person would pay to buy. The first look is like ghetto Little Red Riding Hood and the second look is like Humpty Dumpty. People donít wear old britches like that anymore. Both outfits looked ill-fitting to me.

Andrea:
    Oh gosh, I donít like designers who try to make the human body into odd shapes. That might be original but itís not flattering. The first dress makes me think of crosswalks in big parking lots, like at the airport. You know where itís safe to cross by going to the area with the stripes on the ground. Why you would want to wear those stripes on your chest, I have no idea. Are you asking for people to walk all over you, or dressing as roadkill for Halloween? The second dress is a real nightmare. Perfect for the woman who always wanted to look like a buoy drifting in the ocean, horrible for any woman with an ounce of fashion sense.

Beatrice:
    Beatriceís outfits werenít the best this week but I didnít think they were the worst, either. I think her color palette was a bit dull and her styles a bit too safe but Iíd rather see conservative over cuckoo. I would like to have seen her stay another week and push herself harder to be more creative.

Buffi:
    I liked the styling of Buffiís outfits! It appealed to the 80ís girl in me. She managed to make a short dress that I didnít feel looked too short and slutty and a blouse with an asymmetrical neckline that looked proportionate. Iím very impressed by that!

Christopher:
    Personally, I didnít get the judges fawning all over Christopherís dresses. I liked the idea of the intricate folds he did but I think he used the wrong fabric to execute it. The fabric is like a gauzy underlining for a dress so it lacks the structure to produce clean folds and hold the shape and the sheen to highlight the structure. I wouldnít have picked him as the winner this week.

Dmitry:
    I didnít know what to expect from Dmitry with his personality so I was pleasantly surprised to see his designs on the runway. His designs were glamorous, creative, and well-tailored. Heís one of my early favorites.

Elena:
    Lady Gaga would have had an orgasm watching Elenaís creations come down the runway. She might be the only person in the world this collection would appeal to (sorry to those here on the forum who like them too!). Both dresses are unflattering to the human body and just plain bizarre. They kind of remind me of what prison matrons in bad womenís prison movies wear. The Mr. Spock haircuts are not helping the looks.

Fabio:
    I donít think Fabio tried hard enough with his outfits. The ombre on the first outfit looks dirty, like fabric colors that bled after the first washing. The second outfit looks like he was trying to decide if he wanted to include sleeves on the dress or not so he put a sleeve on one side but never made a decision and left it that way. It makes the modelís waist look miles around.

Gunnar:
    I didnít like the greenish-gold Gunnar chose as his fabric. Avocado green went out of fashion long ago, and as far as Iím concerned it will never be in fashion. Other than that, I liked the style of his outfits. He had a lot of details so his fashions look complete and I think they look great on the models. If Gunnar would just shut up and sew, Iíd like him much more.

Kooan:
    Thereís always got to be one cuckoo bird in the bunch on every reality show. Kooan is Project Runway 10ís visitor from another planet. He would get along great with Ramona, the chick on Design Star who coated a vacuum with plaster of Paris and finger-painted on it. His first look reminds me of the weird Lucky Charms marshmallow-esque outfit Bert made on Project Runway season 9. I think kids would love Kooanís design aesthetic but I donít know how many grown-ups would. The second outfit is like a smock with a tv dinner tray used as infrastructure in the back. The hair is totally Marge Simpson.

Lantie:
    I liked Lantieís first dress. I agreed with the judges, though, in wondering if she always puts that yoke at the neck. Not only did both her models have that on their dresses but the dress Lantie herself was wearing had it, too. Is she one of those designers who does one look well and does it over and over again (like Uli, Anya, etc)? The second dress didnít come together as well as the first. The yoke looked like it was intended to support the sagging boob effect of the dress material and the belt but it only ended up emphasizing the problem.

Melissa:
    Melissaís outfits looked unfinished to me. She had no zippers, no buttons, no buckles, no belts. It was like getting your kitchen cabinets updated by giving them a new paint job but then leaving the hardware off. Did she intend to add some accessories and run out of time or was she going for a minimal look? If so, itís a bit too minimal for me. I donít like the modelsí hair. They look wild and unkempt, which doesnít fit in with a minimal look, which I would expect to be sleek and precisely kept.

Nathan:
    I live designers who use color! So many designers are stuck on a neutral palette and it bores me to tears. I like to wear color and I like looking at fashions that are colorful. The designs of both dresses are wonderful and the bright colors add to their visual appeal.

Raul:
    I hate the styling of his modelsí hair. Itís very close to the Mr. Spock look Elena had going on, except itís in a V-shape instead of a straight bowl cut. Maybe this is how female Vulcans wear their hair. The outfits arenít something Iíd wear but theyíre tailored nicely, creative, and they have a point of view. Not bad.

Sonjia:
    I like the styling of Sonjiaís outfits. However, I donít like the first dress as much as the second. Thereís too much going on with the giant bow on the jacket and the asymmetrical skirt with the leggings. I think a straight skirt or the leggings alone would have looked better with the jacket. The second dress is very nice, with a lot of colors and patterns worked into one cohesive unit. Itís another outfit with an 80ís vibe. Looks like something the Pointer Sisters would have worn!

Ven:
    I have mixed feelings about Ven. It sounded like he had a lot of skill and expertise but when I saw his fashions on the runway, I didnít love them as much as the judges did. I loved the idea of his rose petal top but the outfit as a whole is too voluminous. Iíd like to see the blouse without the huge David Byrne jacket and with a sheath skirt instead of the bulky pants. Perhaps a light green skirt would look good with the top, kind of like the stem of a plant with the flower on top of it. The second dress is ok but has a strange bubble on the chest. I think it needed some structure to retain the modelís shape. Maybe next week heíll create something I like better.
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-20-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    Dragonlady likes this.

lantie's outfits? First, looks like she stole her grandma's dollies from the '70s. And the second one, in the pictures at least, makes her model look almost plus-size (for the modeling industry, not in real life I might add quickly).

Thoroughly enjoyed the preshow casting episode where we got to see all the designers and see their racks and some of their sketches from their portfolio's. Gives us a better idea of what they can produce instead of some of the disaster's we see on PR.
    That being said, on the preshow Gunnar was nice enough and then he turned into the most hateful little beyotch to Christopher. Gunnar is now the first official a$$ of Project Runway 10.

What are the judges smoking to keep Lantie over Beatrice. Lantie's brown tulle dress with the snakeskin bib was hideous. It was fugly.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast