+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By AZChristian
  • 1 Post By pikachu
  • 2 Post By AZChristian
  • 4 Post By pikachu
  • 2 Post By pikachu

Thread: Project Runway Weekly Challenge

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Project Runway Weekly Challenge

The weekly challenge is separate from the pool. You can enter either the pool, the weekly challenge or both!

The weekly challenge will be to answer 10 questions each week before the episode is shown about things that you think will happen on the show. For instance, will the designers work in teams this week (T/F)?
    I'll post the 10 questions as soon as I can to give you time to think them over and submit your answers before the deadline. You'll get one point for each correct answer. Questions that end up not applying will be thrown out (such as a question about who do you think will be eliminated this week when it ends up being a non-elimination week).

Each week, the person who scores the highest on the weekly quiz gets to select a special question for the next quiz. In the event of a tie, each person will get to choose a special question.

There's no deadline to enter the weekly challenge but since the scores are cumulative, it's in your best interest to join early and stick with it.

At the end of the season, your 2 lowest week’s scores will be thrown out in case you have to be away and can’t answer the weekly challenge questions, you forget to do the quiz, or you want to eliminate your worst scores.

The winner of the weekly challenge, with the highest total score, will be announced in this thread.

I'll let you know when the first weekly challenge is but it won't be until after the first episode. Watch this thread for more details and updates.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Project Runway Weekly Challenge

Weekly Challenge #1
    -Answers due by noon the day of the show (July 26th).
    -You may post your answer in this thread or send them to me by private message if you don't want others to see your answers.

1. Who will be the first contestant to have camera time at the start of the episode? (List one name)

2. The challenge will involve making an outfit for a celebrity. (T/F)

3. How much money will the designers get this week? (Choose one)
    a) Less than $50
    b) $51-$100
    c) $101-$150
    d) $151-$200
    e) More than $200

4. What happens with the drama between Gunnar and Christopher? (Choose one)
    a) They continue arguing with and trash talking each other
    b) Christopher tries taking the high road but Gunnar isn’t having it
    c) Gunnar tries taking the high road but Christopher isn’t having it
    d) They ignore each other
    e) They become friends or reach an understanding

5. Which designer does Tim Gunn talk to first in the workroom (to check on their progress)? (List one name)

6. A past Project Runway contestant will make an appearance on the show. (T/F)

7. A contestant (or possibly more than one) will have nothing ready to try on when the models come for a fitting. (T/F)

8. Contestants are shown using the glue gun because they’ve run out of time to complete their outfits. (T/F)

9. Name a designer who will be in the top three. (List one name)

10. Name a designer who will be in the bottom three. (List one name)

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

1. Gunnar

2. False

3. c

4. b

5. Sonjia

6. F

7. T

8. F

9. Sonjia

10. Gunnar

(BTW, I may miss a week or two. Heading off to a cruise, and I'm not sure how good my computer connectivity will be.)
    Allie likes this.

The weekly challenge has been cancelled. Sorry, AZChristian, but you were the only one to sign up. I guess that makes you the winner by default!

I won a graphics contest that way once. I designed a banner for the Wetpaint Pirate Master wiki (insert shameless plug here) and was the only one to enter so I won the prize ($100!). That's the only graphics work I've ever gotten paid for. I can't help but be proud.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    The weekly challenge has been cancelled. Sorry, AZChristian, but you were the only one to sign up. I guess that makes you the winner by default!

I won a graphics contest that way once. I designed a banner for the Wetpaint Pirate Master wiki (insert shameless plug here) and was the only one to enter so I won the prize ($100!). That's the only graphics work I've ever gotten paid for. I can't help but be proud.
    I once won a blue ribbon in the State Fair the same way. Mine was the ONLY filet crochet entry, so they gave me the blue ribbon. LOL. But thanks for crowning me the champion for the weekly challenge!
    Allie and cubsfan55 like this.

Cheers to you!!

You didn't mention in the pool thread which type of drink you like so I hope you like this one (butterscotch martini):

Here's for winning a contest by being the only one to enter!

You are a graphic designer??? My son is one as well...an unemployed highly & expensively educated one to boot.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

More like a graphic designer wannabe, lol! I didn't finish all the classes I needed to get a certificate in graphic design. I had already gotten a degree in Criminology years ago and went back to school to get certificates in the Web Technology and Graphic Design. I quit before I finished partly because it was hard working full-time and going to school and partly because I worried that getting that certificate wouldn't help me get jobs in my area any more than my Criminology degree did. I should have done what my sister did and gotten an AS degree so I could get out in the work force sooner and get work experience instead of getting an AA degree and going on to get a BS. She probably earns 2 or 3 times what I do now even though I have more education.

Sorry, I'm having a bad day at the moment. It will be better once I'm home with my kitties, waiting for Project Runway to start.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    More like a graphic designer wannabe, lol! I didn't finish all the classes I needed to get a certificate in graphic design. I had already gotten a degree in Criminology years ago and went back to school to get certificates in the Web Technology and Graphic Design. I quit before I finished partly because it was hard working full-time and going to school and partly because I worried that getting that certificate wouldn't help me get jobs in my area any more than my Criminology degree did. I should have done what my sister did and gotten an AS degree so I could get out in the work force sooner and get work experience instead of getting an AA degree and going on to get a BS. She probably earns 2 or 3 times what I do now even though I have more education.

Sorry, I'm having a bad day at the moment. It will be better once I'm home with my kitties, waiting for Project Runway to start.
    : hugs : I know what you mean about education and pay. You make a great looking drink. I don't like butterscotch but that looks yummy. :-)

Let me know if you see any employment ads for a virtual bartender.
    Allie and TripleGemini like this.

+ Reply to Thread