+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Project Runway 10 Pool

Re: Project Runway 10 Pool

Funny, my friend just said he ran into Tim for the second time today. Tim lives a block from my friend's house. The first time my friend said 'OMG! You are Tim Gunn' and Tim Gunn said 'Thank you'. How awesome is that?

There is no room in my apt for entertaining so I would have to take him to a restaurant.
    Allie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

That is awesome, beerbelly! I think I would be flabbergasted if I ran into Tim, unable to say anything.
    Allie likes this.
    Masterchef 5 Pool: Registration Closed
    So You Think You Can Dance 11 Pool: Registration deadline: July 9th
    Face Off 7: TBA

Me too. I usually ignore celebrities. It's really because I have no idea what to say. I also knew a camera man who worked on PR and he said that Tim was JUST like he was on tv - a wonderful human being.
    Allie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Project Runway 10 Pool Results
    Final Results and Winner!!!

The designers finalized their collections for Fashion Week and got an additional $300 to spend at Mood. They met with hair and makeup to decide on the looks for their models. Tim spoke to Christopher first in the workroom. Christopher showed first, followed by Melissa, Dmitry, and Fabio. Then they had their final judging with the usual panel plus guest judge, Jennifer Hudson. Chris was eliminated first, then Melissa. Dmitry and Fabio were final two. Dmitry won! Fabio was runner-up.

Here are the individual designer scores:

Christopher Palu: -1 points
    Dmitry Sholokhov: 15 points
    Fabio Costa: 10 points
    Melissa Fleis: -5 points

Weekly team scores:

AZChristianDior: 8 points
    Beer Gun: 20 points
    Heidi Gets 2 Votes: -7 points
    Kors Ho: 8 points
    “Kors”poral Punishment: 29 points
    Thari: 40 points
    WhiteFlag: 23 points

Team rankings and total scores:

1st: WhiteFlag (603 points)
    2nd: AZChristianDior (584 points)
    3rd: Thari (483 points)
    4th: “Kors”poral Punishment (444 points)
    5th: Kors Ho (405 points)
    6th: Beer Gun (256 points)

We had quite an exciting pool this season! AZChristianDior took the lead early in the game and seemed to be on their way to a runaway victory. But then WhiteFlag started gaining steam and the two of them went back and forth as weekly winners. In the end, they had all but one of the same designers on their team and the same master designer. It came down to which designer would go farther in the show—Melissa, who was on AZChristianDior’s team, or Fabio, who was on WhiteFlag’s team. Melissa ended up being eliminated first and Fabio made runner-up, leading to a decisive victory for WhiteFlag!

Congratulations to Allie for your team’s win! I have a trophy for you.

Thank you to everyone for participating. I enjoyed running this pool immensely and hope you all enjoyed it, too.

One interesting thing to note: Neither the 1st or 2nd place pool winners had winning designer Dmitry as their master designer. Which goes to show that winning a pool doesn’t always come down to choosing which contestant wins the show but choosing which contestants last the longest in the competition.
    Allie likes this.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Thanks for all your hard work on this, pikachu. It was fun to see how things progressed each week.

Congratulations to WhiteFlag. It was a hard-fought battle, but the win goes to she who was ahead at the end of the game. :-)
    Allie likes this.

You did a great job choosing your team, AZ! Who ever thought at the beginning of this season that Fabio would end up outlasting Ven, Sonjia, and Christopher??

My biggest mistake was not choosing Sonjia for my team initially or when we had the chance to replace a team member. I was leaning toward choosing her when I updated my team but she was starting to fall apart so I went with Gunnar, who seemed to be on an upswing. If I had chosen Sonjia instead, I probably would have come in third place.

I'm still disappointed that Nathan made an early exit. The way he loved working with color, I bet I would have loved his collection for Fashion Week. I thought for sure he would make it to the finals.
    AZChristian likes this.

Congrats to AZ and Beer Gun, who finished ahead of me. My claim to fame is that I did have Dmitry as my team captain, so thank you, Dmitry.

Pikachu's pools are really great fun and cause me to watch more reality tv than I would usually choose to do.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'd like to share my trophy with AZ who I thought would win it all. And congrats to everyone who played the game. Made it more fun that this season's show! ;-)
    AZChristian likes this.

I almost forgot a very important part of the pool! On the previous forum I was on, the person who came in dead last in the Survivor pool got the Wooden Spoon Award and I'd like to keep that tradition alive. It takes some of the sting out of coming in last if you get an award for it. I'll have to whip up a trophy for beerbelly on Monday.

Don't ask me why it was called the wooden spoon. I know it was explained to me when I did my first pool there but that was so long ago I've forgotten.

Since this is a fashion show, we'll call it the Wooden Shoe Award.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Thanks, Allie.

I trust you all remember my promise to take you ALL on a cruise if I won the whole thing. Sadly, I guess I'll just go with my hubby . . . but we'll think fondly of you all while we're gone.

AZC
    Allie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread