+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Project Runway 10 Pool

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Project Runway 10 Pool

Extra Credit Challenge

In past pools, I’ve given extra credit assignments occasionally to add fun to the competition. You certainly don’t have to participate if you feel your scores are good enough to do without extra points. If you do need more points, though, this could be a way to inch your way up from the bottom.

I realize everyone has different skills so I like to offer options. Choose whichever extra credit assignment you want to do. You can do both options but you’ll only earn a maximum total of 10 points.

Option A—Diary of a Mad Designer
    Choose one of the designers from this season and write a diary for them with 3-5 entries. They don’t have to be lengthy entries. Just a few sentences. You can choose any designer who competed this season, not just the ones still in the competition. It can focus on the challenge this week, their progress in the competition, their plans for after Project Runway, whatever you think they might write about! The funnier the better. You’ll get 2 points per entry.

Option B – Project Photochop
    If you prefer to speak with images instead of words, you can present funny pictures from the show and include captions to go with them. You don’t have to use Photoshop. It’s ok to borrow images found online, or doodle some original art and scan it. It’s the effort that counts. The more creativity you use, the more points you’ll get.

Since this will probably be our only extra credit assignment, I'll give you two weeks to complete it. Post your assignment by the end of the day Thursday, September 20th so I can include points from it in the pool results.

If you have any questions about the extra credit, post them here or send me a private message.

Here's a similar extra credit assignment I gave years ago in the Pirate Master pool to inspire you: A Pirate's Life For Me!
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-07-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'm not going to participate in the extra credit because I don't think it would be fair to grade my own assignments but I'm going to do some parts of it for fun.

I really think that Elena is the most negative person I can recall ever seeing on this show. She can't go fast enough for me, and I don't see why the judges keep saving her. When the teams were being selected, almost all of them said they didn't want to work with her. Apologies to to anyone who has her as a member of their pool.

I have my doubts as to the whether the team picks are truly random. It seems suspicious that Gunnar and Chris wind up on the same team when they clearly don't like each other. Same is true, doubled and in spades, about Elena and Dmitry. Russians and Ukrainians have a long history of animosity. Add the factor of competition we're sure to see fireworks.

Darn, I meant to put this in the episode thread, not the pool thread. If someone wants to move, please go ahead.
    NFL1 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Project Runway 10 Pool Results
    Episode 9

With Gunnar being auf’d, two pool teams lost a member. Fortunately, nobody had him as their master designer so it didn’t severely hurt anyone’s scores. Dmitry was the highest-scoring designer this week. Four teams had Dmitry as a member, with two of them having him as their master designer.

Tim spoke to Christopher first in the workroom.
    Sonjia was the first to show on the runway.
    Elena and Fabio were safe.
    Melissa was the first declared in.
    Dmitry was the winner.
    The judges liked Sonjia.
    The judges didn’t like Christopher.
    Gunnar and Ven were in the bottom two.
    Gunnar was eliminated.

Here are the individual designer scores:

Christopher Palu: 5 points
    Dmitry Sholokhov: 15 points
    Elena Slivnyak: 5 points
    Fabio Costa: 5 points
    Gunnar Deatherage: -5 points
    Melissa Fleis: 10 points
    Sonjia Williams: 9 points
    Ven Budhu: 0 points

Weekly team scores:

AZChristianDior: 30 points
    Beer Gun: 15 points
    Heidi Gets 2 Votes: 29 points
    Kors Ho: 15 points
    “Kors”poral Punishment: 30 points
    Thari: 44 points
    WhiteFlag: 39 points

Team rankings and total scores:

1st: AZChristianDior (369 points)
    2nd: WhiteFlag (346 points)
    3rd: Thari (296 points)
    4th: “Kors”poral Punishment (259 points)
    5th: Kors Ho (236 points)
    6th: Beer Gun (172 points)

The highest scorer of the week was Thari. For this achievement, Thari wins a family reunion reflective of her cultural heritage. She and her family will be flown to the country their ancestors originated from and have a feast of the local foods, while they spend a weekend catching up with relatives they haven’t seen for a while.

Beer Gun and Kors Ho tied for the lowest weekly score. It will be their job to make travel and hotel arrangements for Thari’s family.
    Last edited by pikachu; 09-14-2012 at 10:54 AM.
    Allie likes this.

Thank you, pickachu. That's quite a prize since my ancestors came from Russia and Hungary with some roots in Israel. On the plus side, my family is small.
    Allie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Project Runway 10 Pool Results
    Episode 10

A big fish left the pond this week, sending out ripples that affected nearly every team. All but two teams in the pool had Ven as a member so now there are no teams left with a full five members. WhiteFlag has the fullest team, with four members. AZChristianDior, Thari, and Heidi Gets 2 Votes have three members. Beer Gun, Kors Ho and “Kors”poral Punishment have two members. All teams still have their master designers.

AZChristianDior, who has dominated the leaderboard since the beginning, does not have a runaway victory yet. WhiteFlag has gotten more points than them for the past three weeks in a row so there’s a possibility for a come-from-behind victory! It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Christopher was the highest-scoring designer this week.
    Tim spoke to Sonjia first in the workroom.
    Dmitry was the first to show on the runway.
    Fabio were safe.
    Melissa was the first declared in.
    Christopher was the winner.
    The judges liked Dmitry.
    The judges didn’t like Sonjia.
    Elena and Ven were in the bottom two.
    Ven was eliminated.

Here are the individual designer scores:

Christopher Palu: 20 points
    Dmitry Sholokhov: 9 points
    Elena Slivnyak: 0 points
    Fabio Costa: 5 points
    Melissa Fleis: 10 points
    Sonjia Williams: 5 points
    Ven Budhu: -5 points

Weekly team scores:

AZChristianDior: 54 points
    Beer Gun: 5 points
    Heidi Gets 2 Votes: 55 points
    Kors Ho: 40 points
    “Kors”poral Punishment: 33 points
    Thari: 23 points
    WhiteFlag: 59 points

Team rankings and total scores:

1st: AZChristianDior (423 points)
    2nd: WhiteFlag (405 points)
    3rd: Thari (319 points)
    4th: “Kors”poral Punishment (292 points)
    5th: Kors Ho (276 points)
    6th: Beer Gun (177 points)

WhiteFlag was the highest scorer of the week! As their prize, they get a trip for two to New York with tickets to see the Rockettes perform at Radio City Music Hall and backstage passes to meet the ladies and learn a step or two.

Since Beer Gun got the lowest score, they’ll have to give WhiteFlag a foot massage and pedicure after the event.

Poor Beer Gun! I will let you pass on the foot stuff. My feet are not the best looking. You can simply scatter rose petals before my feet as I walk! ;-)

Yay NY! I have never been there. I think the Rockettes' legs are taller tahn I am!!

Thank you! I am so not good at this! Allie, how about you visit me in NYC and I will scatter rose petals while you enter Radio City? : )
    Allie likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    Thank you! I am so not good at this! Allie, how about you visit me in NYC and I will scatter rose petals while you enter Radio City? : )
    SOunds good to me!

Yikes! I apparently never posted pool results last week!

I can't find a scoresheet for last week, either. I just threw out a bunch of papers last week and that might have been in them. I'll lhave to figure out last week's scores and post them before I can finalize this week's scores.

I'm sorry about the mix-up. I had a lot going on Friday and apparently this slipped through the cracks.

+ Reply to Thread