Buffi Jashanmal - Season 10

Buffi Jashanma
    Season 10 Designer

Age 32, Dubai, UAE

@Buffi_Beanie

List of websites featuring your work?
    Quiet Riot
    NAKED - Styling Services

What's your design training/schooling? AAS in Fashion Design at Parsons. 2x summer courses at the London College of Fashion.

What have been your influences? The theatrics and drama of the Ibiza clubbing scene. I LOVE to dress up! NYC club scene is also a great influence. I recently went to this ass-shaking party at Santos for Big Freida. So fun and crazy and everyone dressed all mad and colorful! The fun female rappers inspire me: Rae Rae, Nicki Minaj. Barbie and Jem and the Holograms - they are always in the back of my mind! Trailer trash, disco, the '80s...it's just in me!

Item you're most proud to have designed? The circle top! It's my famous (soon-to-be) signature top!

Favorite designer(s)? Recently loving Brian Lichtenberg, Carly Ellis, Mother of London. I always love Patricia Field, get compared to Betsey Johnson a lot - think it's all the colors and tutus. Prada - big up for her after seeing that badass exhibition at the Met.

Fashion must? Something that sparkles. It'll bring any outfit to life and a smile to your face and anyone you pass by. Honest, it works.

Fashion faux pas that drives you crazy? When people try to put together an outfit with all cheap fabrics and ripoff brands. Try and be unique!

Favorite style icon? Lady Gaga. Paula Yates was awesome and trashy at the same time. I love that look.

Dream celebrity client? What would you make for him/her? Lady Gaga. Does everyone want to design for her? Is that like super lame of me to say? I think she is great. I actually dreamt last night I met her. She is daring and I wouldn`t need to worry about my design being too much. I think the question would be, "Is this enough?"

If you had to name your label, you'd call it... It is called Quiet Riot Dubai, but I registered my line in NYC under "Naked Inc." I HATE THAT NAME NOW!

If you weren't designing, you'd be... A hairdresser or shoe designer! I feel you can go crazy with either of those, and it's a safer option for people rather than fashion. Maybe this is what I should have done!

Favorite PR designer? Love that guy who does "Mad Fashion," though I never saw his episode. Love Mondo - he seemed like such a sweet, gentle guy.

Challenge you hope they bring back? I love making things from random materials. I have won a couple of avant-garde competitions doing that, so the Pet Store project is right up my alley.

Challenge you hope they don't bring back? A men's design challenge. I have never done men's. I am up for it, but that would freak me out a bit. Plus-size is a bit scary too. I've never done a design or made anything plus-size.

Do you think you can win PR? I HOPE I WIN! I think I need to focus on my customer to nail the PRIZE! I could win because I am doing something different and fun and people notice my designs and style. As a designer I have always grabbed attention with my fun and quirky designs and prints and use of color. Nowadays people are taking a few more risks with how they dress. My overall collection might not be for everybody, but there is a piece in there for everyone.

----------

Buffi Jashanma | "Project Runway" Season 10 Designer - myLifetime.com

Re: Buffi Jashanmal - Season 10

I hope her clothing is good - because she has now put the Sixth Doctor as the second worst dresser in the Universe.
    Allie likes this.

Her outfit is not what I consider unique or artistic. It's just plain old INCREDIBLY TACKY!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Her outfit is not what I consider unique or artistic. It's just plain old INCREDIBLY TACKY!
    Yes, I will admit - even if the Sixth Doctor had a technicolor nightmare - it did at least pull well together.

Though they'd been better off without the yellow/black trousers, green shoes and orange spats regardless.

Even the Fourth Doctor's hodgepodge outfit was pulled together.
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Yes, I will admit - even if the Sixth Doctor had a technicolor nightmare - it did at least pull well together.

Though they'd been better off without the yellow/black trousers, green shoes and orange spats regardless.

Even the Fourth Doctor's hodgepodge outfit was pulled together.
    Yup. And when the Fourth Doctor went simple with just the flowing white shirt and his trousers? VERY nice. This one, I honestly thought she put it together just for show. To stand out.

Problem is with this outfit Allie is that it's not boding well for what we're possibly going to see from her in design. Sure, we have Mondo's weird dress sense and yet lovely designs, but he was essentially the Sixth Doctor - odd outfit but it worked. This one is just too... well... bad.

I hope that we see some of the best designs from her, but who knows anymore?
    Allie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 1 - The designers had to bring an original piece with them, then were told to create a companion piece for it.

I'm not wild about her designs, but I hope she sticks around for a while. I like her personality.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 2 - An unconventional challenge at Dylan's Candy bar, where the designers had $250 to buy material to make an outfit using candy.

Episode 3 - The designers worked in teams of two to create one runway design for former Project Runway contestants. The color of their Lexus GS vehicle must be seen in the final garments. Each pair had $300 and one day to complete the task. The winner also gets the big bonus of accompanying his/her client to the Emmys.

Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast