+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Dmitry Sholokhov - Season 10

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Dmitry Sholokhov - Season 10

Episode 10 - The designers went to Radio City Music Hall to find out about their challenge. With $250, they were to design a glamorous, modern costume for the Rockettes. It needed to be versatile enough to wear year-round and appealing from a distance, not just close-up, so people at the back of the hall could enjoy it, too.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Loved the 'swishiness' of this dress, truly something a dancer could get jazzy in. Just my opinion, but I think THIS was the winner.
    Florimel and Arielflies like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I also think this should have been the winner. Christopher's was a close second but Dmitry's was just amazing!
    Florimel and Little Sew&Sew like this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Video - Extended judging of Dmitry's Rockette's costume.

When you listen to what Nina has to say (@ 1:04) about the sleeves and what Heidi has to say about the budget (@ 1:33), it really leaves you scratching your head wondering why on Earth he wasn't chosen the winner!

Extended Judging of Dmitry Sholokhov: Episode 10 - Project Runway Full Episodes & Videos - myLifetime.com
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 09-22-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    Kocky_Kamikaze and Florimel like this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Video - Extended judging of Dmitry's Rockette's costume.

When you listen to what Nina has to say (@ 1:04) about the sleeves and what Heidi has to say about the budget (@ 1:33), it really leaves you scratching your head wondering why on Earth he wasn't chosen the winner!

Extended Judging of Dmitry Sholokhov: Episode 10 - Project Runway Full Episodes & Videos - myLifetime.com
    As a dancer myself, his costume is the most appropriate. It has movement, looks comfortable and is sexy/sassy enough. The most others were too bland, too stiff looking, boring and simply not show stopping.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I think it came down to the guest judge's comments, and she said that this one wasn't quite "children friendly" (never mind we've seen similar outfits, and oddly enough THOSE were more risque than Dimitry's - they did the illusion nude material IN the chest area between cutouts of colored material).

She loved Christopher's - so I really think that it was a decision based on her comments and not the judges, who sound like they'd given Dimitry the win.

I can't count the number of times I've seen the Rockettes dance and many of their costumes were much more risque than Dmitry's. He should have won. Perhaps they are keeping him lower down so it will be more of a surprise should he win.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Hmmm, maybe so because they seem to have been low-balling Dmitry most of this season. There's been a few weeks where I thought he should have been the winner and he was only safe.

I beleive Dimetrys is the winner. The NY Skyline is far too fragile for regular costume use. Costumes are pulled and pushed, changes are quick, illusion is sturdy but that beading is fragile even if it is all rebeaded not just pulled off in prebeaded rectangles. If it is all rebeaded bead by bead the cost will go very high. Also how will the skyline read from the back of RCMH. It is a massive venue, massive!!!!!! I think Dimetry was the winner, I thought the skyline was very pretty but couldn't be the winner.

Candybar

Yes, it is enormous. It seats 6,000 people on four floors. If you are up in the 3rd mezzanine, you'd never see the skyline on Christopher's costume. When I was a kid, it was a movie theater with continuous performance from morning through late evening. And you didn't have to leave. For the price of a ticket (90 cents if you came before noon), you could stay all day, which I occasionally did for a movie I really liked. The Rockettes performed after each show, usually five or six shows a day, so there costumes had to hold up. There were two or three groups of them, so mostly they had to do only two or three shows a day, but it was still pretty rigorous. Got a lot a bang for the buck in those days.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast