Thread: Elena Slivnyak - Season 10

Elena Slivnyak - Season 10

Elena Slivnyak
    Season 10 Designer

Age 28, San Francisco, CA

@iimuahii

List of websites featuring your work?
    IIMUAHII | Fashion Design Company

First garment you ever made? First real garment I created was in school for a school project.

What's your design training/schooling? I got an AA degree in product development and a bachelor's of liberal arts majoring in fashion design from Academy of Art University.

What have been your influences? Futurism has always been my biggest influence.

Item you're most proud to have designed? My jackets and coats are my pride and glory.

Favorite designer(s)? Gareth Pugh and Alexander McQueen.

Fashion must? Shoes and accessories.

Fashion faux pas that drives you crazy? Trends drive me crazy, and disposable fashion drives me even crazier!

Favorite style icon? Lady Gaga.

Dream celebrity client? What would you make for him/her? Lady Gaga. I would love to do something for her music video or tour, something extremely avant-garde.

If you had to name your label, you'd call it... Already have one. IIMUAHII.

If you weren't designing, you'd be... Doing something in the art world. Product design, fashion editor, photographer and so on.

Biggest pet peeve? Hair in bathroom. Hate it and find it disgusting!

Favorite PR designer? Christian Siriano, Irena Shabayeva.

Challenge you hope they bring back? My favorite is always the avant-garde challenge.

Challenge you hope they don't bring back? Team challenge. Ugh! I hate those!

Do you think you can win PR? I think I have something different to deliver to the fashion world, a new take on the way I see the fashion world and a whole different girl than who everyone usually designs for. I feel I really grew as a designer in the last few years, and cannot wait to see what the future holds for me on the show.

----------

Elena Slivnyak | "Project Runway" Season 10 Designer - myLifetime.com

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Elena Slivnyak - Season 10

Episode 1 - The designers had to bring an original piece with them, then were told to create a companion piece for it.

Love this. Reminds me of Victor and Rolf.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

The dress on the top in these pictures reminds me of one of those joke t-shirts with a beautiful bikini-clad body - usually worn on a size 4X t-shirt.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Her clothes definitely aren't my style, but I think she's amazing. Some of the jackets we saw of hers were SO good. Fitted perfectly, beautiful detailing, just gorgeous. I'd like to see her go to Fashion Week.

You can see her skill in that first dress. It looks simple, but you really have to be a technician to create something like that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 2 - An unconventional challenge at Dylan's Candy bar, where the designers had $250 to buy material to make an outfit using candy.

Episode 3 - The designers worked in teams of two to create one runway design for former Project Runway contestants. The color of their Lexus GS vehicle must be seen in the final garments. Each pair had $300 and one day to complete the task. The winner also gets the big bonus of accompanying his/her client to the Emmys.

Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Episode 4 - With $150 the designers were to make a stylish outfit a woman on the go could wear from morning to evening.

New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,

Episode 5 The designers split into 2 teams for this challenge, Team Six (Sonjia, Alicia, Elena, Melissa, Dmitry, Raul) and Team Five (Nathan, Ven, Fabio, Christopher, and Gunnar). They were given $200 per person to create a collection for working women. They would direct their own photoshoot and the winning shoot would appear in Marie Claire.

Alicia and Elena worked together to create these two outfits.

Last edited by pikachu; 08-17-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Episode 6 - The designers were given $150 and one day to create outfits for ladies nominated by a friend for a beauty and fashion makeover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast