Sonjia Williams - Season 10

Sonjia Williams
    Season 10 Designer

Age 27, Boston, MA

@SocialiteSonj

List of websites featuring your work?
    haute and low | iBoutiques
    Haute and Low

First garment you ever made? The first garment I ever made was a denim pencil skirt with a drawstring.

What's your design training/schooling? I went to Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts.

What have been your influences? I have always been influenced by everyday life, whether it's colors, textures, shapes or patterns.

Item you're most proud to have designed? Probably the jacket I made for my "Project Runway" audition.

Favorite designer(s)? Christian Dior, John Galliano, Alexander McQueen, Marc Jacobs, Valentino, Karl Lagerfeld.

Fashion must? A statement shoe.

Fashion faux pas that drives you crazy? Leggings as pants drives me crazy!

Favorite style icon? Sarah Jessica Parker.

Dream celebrity client? What would you make for him/her? Beyonce. I would make an outfit for her to perform in.

If you had to name your label, you'd call it... Haute and Low. It is a mix of pieces that you can dress up or down.

If you weren't designing, you'd be... An interior designer. I love making homes look beautiful.

Biggest pet peeve? My biggest one would be for someone to take my kindness for weakness.

Favorite PR designer? Christian Siriano.

Challenge you hope they bring back? To create a look inspired by a movie genre.

Challenge you hope they don't bring back? To design a garment for another designer.

Do you think you can win PR? I think I can win because I have the talent and drive to do so.

----------

Sonjia Williams | "Project Runway" Season 10 Designer - myLifetime.com

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Sonjia Williams - Season 10

Episode 1 - The designers had to bring an original piece with them, then were told to create a companion piece for it.

Not my favorite.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 2 - An unconventional challenge at Dylan's Candy bar, where the designers had $250 to buy material to make an outfit using candy.

Who is John Galt?

A beautiful woman with a lot of talent, but her design aesthetic is a little to out there for me. However, I loved her candy challenge dress. She is like Ven - a mature adult with a good attitude.

I thought that she should have won the last challenge. Her design was more complicated and more creative than Ven's IMHO.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

The only thing that I found distracting about this dress is the flap covering the model's butt. Other than that, I thought it was equally as deserving Ven's as the winner. LOVED that shade of blue.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Episode 3 - The designers worked in teams of two to create one runway design for former Project Runway contestants. The color of their Lexus GS vehicle must be seen in the final garments. Each pair had $300 and one day to complete the task. The winner also gets the big bonus of accompanying his/her client to the Emmys.

Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

Episode 4 - With $150 the designers were to make a stylish outfit a woman on the go could wear from morning to evening.

Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.

Episode 5 – The designers split into 2 teams for this challenge, Team Six (Sonjia, Alicia, Elena, Melissa, Dmitry, Raul) and Team Five (Nathan, Ven, Fabio, Christopher, and Gunnar). They were given $200 per person to create a collection for working women. They would direct their own photoshoot and the winning shoot would appear in Marie Claire.

Sonjia and Raul worked together to create these two outfits.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast