+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Project Runway season 10 (Premieres Thurs. July 19 @ 9PM ET) - News & Speculation

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Project Runway season 10 (Premieres Thurs. July 19 @ 9PM ET) - News & Speculation

All-Stars just ended not that long ago but I'm already looking forward to the next regular season. I can't wait to see Tim Gunn again! I hope they find some good designers. It would be nice if they would make some changes to the challenges in the show. I still think they need to give the designers a little more time to create their outfits and I want less off-the-wall challenges and more good-looking fashions. I don't care if a designer can make a dress from a lawn chair. I'd like to know if they can make a properly tailored pair of pants and a jacket.

It would be fun to do some kind of pool for the show. Maybe pick your favorite four designers after seeing the first episode and see if you were able to pick the winner for the season.

I'm sure I'll be posting pictures as usual, unless someone else wants to do it. I don't want to hog that responsibility if someone else is dying to! Otherwise, I'm happy to do it.
    Jexter and Xavie like this.

Re: Already looking forward to Season 10!

Feel free to keep doing the artwork pikachu, it's much appreciated!

Casting began last month, so I would guess that season 10 will start in late July or early August like past seasons have. I'll change the title of this thread to be the official news/discussion thread for it.

ETA: Does it bug anyone else besides me that this will actually be season 11, since All-Stars was season 10, and yet Lifetime wants everyone to call it season 10?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: Project Runway season 10 (premiere date TBD) - News & Speculation

It doesn't bother me. Since All-Stars are all people who have been on the show before, it's like a rehash instead of a "new" season. Plus, without Tim Gunn and the usual host and judges, All-Stars didn't feel like a real season of Project Runway.
    NFL1 likes this.

My idea is that if they must have a weird fabric alternative challenge (or just an odd dress challenge) - have them design something that is "Capitol Couture" ("The Hunger Games") and require them to be based on ideas in the books, not the movie. That then takes away the copycat factor.

And definitely I'd love to just see more time for the outfits so we get some great designs. I honestly think the AS season would've been improved had they gone by Bravo's time frames for the challenges over Lifetimes.

Oh, and I'm glad to see Tim back. I think it was very obvious that people missed him and it affected ratings based on the ads where he's listed as the number one reason to watch.
    NFL1, pikachu and Jezebella like this.

Thought it was supposed to start in July sometime?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    All-Stars just ended not that long ago but I'm already looking forward to the next regular season. I can't wait to see Tim Gunn again! I hope they find some good designers. It would be nice if they would make some changes to the challenges in the show. I still think they need to give the designers a little more time to create their outfits and I want less off-the-wall challenges and more good-looking fashions. I don't care if a designer can make a dress from a lawn chair. I'd like to know if they can make a properly tailored pair of pants and a jacket.

It would be fun to do some kind of pool for the show. Maybe pick your favorite four designers after seeing the first episode and see if you were able to pick the winner for the season.

I'm sure I'll be posting pictures as usual, unless someone else wants to do it. I don't want to hog that responsibility if someone else is dying to! Otherwise, I'm happy to do it.
    Word of thanks for the initiative! FORT is great because of the open-minded, enthusiastic, and mannered posters.
    Allie likes this.

There was avery brief clip about this on facebook yesterday. No date was given but at least it was Heidi & not whoever it was that did the All Stars. She was so memorable that I can't even remember her name..SMH!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

They have shown clips where they say 'starting this summer'.

Are we talking scientific summer - sometime between June 20th and September 21st.

or

Are we talking tourist summer - May 31 to September 3rd?

According to info found on Wikipedia . . . . . Season 3 started July 12. Season 5 - July 16th. Season 6 - August 20, but that was largely due to the "legal issues" they had. Season 8 - July 29th. Season 9 - July 28th.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Newbie

I love this show. I can't wait for the new season.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

According to Entertainment Weekly magazine (June 15th issue, page 60), the start date is July 19th.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast