+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/22 Finale Part 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

All Stars 3/22 Finale Part 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Who will take all the marbles? And are there any left to take since most of these people lost theirs years ago?

NOTE: There is one more "After the Runway" show immediately following the finale.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 3/22 Finale Part 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Was anyone, other than Mondo, even remotely surprised that Mondo won? Lifetime needed to make up for the Gretchen win in his season, plus they had to prefer that one of their own designers (as opposed to someone like Austin, who was on the show when it aired on Bravo) won.

I don't dislike Mondo, though I found him more likable on his original season, but the whole thing just seemed extremely predictable to me from the get go.

But hey, terrific consolation prizes with the trips to Paris.
    redsox girl and Babbred like this.

Am I the only one who watched the finale?
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

What a farce. I'm so `shocked' they chose Mondo as the winner. Oh brother.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I figured Mondo was going to win. Have not watched it. Was Mondo's the best?

I only saw the second half of the show (I'm still working), but the judges' critiques seemed pretty on point from what little I saw. Austin's was fabulous but not cohesive enough to be a collection. Michael's was a little too commercial in spots. Mondo had the right balance and cohesion.

But now I need to watch the rerun from the beginning to see if I'm talking out the wrong end.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Imho, Mondos collection was kind of cartoonish in a bad way. He made a pant suit (for lack of a better word) that was black and white hounds tooth ( or check) with an overly fitted waist two over sized pockets right in the front with these huge black buttons on each pocket to match giant black buttons going down the top of the neck. It looked like something Katherine Hepburn would have worn if she was drunk and blind.
    Something else that really made me sore: the judges were doing back flips like a bunch of excited circus poodles over a white shirt and dress he made by spilling black paint on one half of the fabric then folding the fabric in half so that when he unfolded it it looked like a Roch test. The judges were praising him for it and going on and on about his creativity. Fine. But do you know how many art school students have pulled the very same trick (including me lol) to try to cover for not putting enough effort into a project whether on canvas or fabric.You think your clever but the Professors have seen it about a million times so you get a big fat F. In fact, to this day I make those tee shirts as a fun project with KIDS!
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-22-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm in a hotel and had very bad picture reception (sound was okay) so I'm going to have to re-watch to see the designs, but it is no surprise that Mondo won. The Paris trips were nice for the runners-up.

I wasn't surprised that Mondo won...but his collection tonight IMO was not his best work
    redsox girl likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Oh yes, he also made this long hanging `dress' from a fabric with red and black shiny circles that overlapped-it was very , hmmm, Sunset Blvd meets Phyliss Diller as the new wizard at The Harry Potter School Of Design. All the model needed was one of those long black cigarette holders. Or for a really bad take on the fashion history of fake Gypsies, a gazing ball that two bit fortunne tellers use at the side show.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-22-2012 at 10:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast