+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/22 Finale Part 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: All Stars 3/22 Finale Part 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

One last thing: Men... WEAR SOCKS!!!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't understand why Austin was in the finals.

Although I was rooting for Mondo from the beginning, as I watched the collections walk, I really thought Michael would win.
    So did Michael at first when they said his stuff could go into the stores right now and would sell. But I knew as soon as I hear that that he would not. The last two winners were more ready-to-wear. And I truly believe this was set up for a Mondo win if he didn't completely fall apart. It is not a game show in its true sense, from how I understand the law. So you would not have that legal aspect going into it.

FORT Fogey

What I don't understand is the statistic the blond woman rattled off about "resort wear"....it was some huge percentage of what is being sold these days. Who has occassion to wear "resort wear"???

What am I missing?

Neither Michael nor Austin do it for me. I would much rather have seen Kenley in the finals - even with her closed mind. If she opened the shades a bit, she could have taken the show, I think.

As far as the runner-up prizes, I heard it was two weeks, not a weekend. I could've also heard a mention of a runway show which would be held over a weekend a lot of times. Would need to see the clip again to know for sure.

That said, if it's just a weekend, Austin and Michael would be better served just selling the trip of seeing if they can take the cash equivalent because they won't have to pay as many taxes on it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    As far as the runner-up prizes, I heard it was two weeks, not a weekend. I could've also heard a mention of a runway show which would be held over a weekend a lot of times. Would need to see the clip again to know for sure.

Granted I may not have been listening closely and could be wrong, but I did hear ( I thought) weekend for the Paris trip. Heard NOTHING about a weekend runway show....not even once, never mind a lot of times.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71 View Post
    Yes, you heard correctly! A weekend trip to Paris. What a waste! I think both Austin & Michael could have used the money a heck of a lot more than a weekend trip to Paris. Seriously, what a terrible "prize", they're gonna spend more time flying & going through customs than seeing anything else.
    Rats. Wouldn't you know I just deleted the show off my DVR box last night? Maybe I'll go back and watch it online, because now I really want to know. Was it a weekend or two weeks? My husband is British and so we fly back to England every year. Let me tell you, a weekend would be just about impossible. It takes about 5 or 6 hours to fly to England from Newark, where we always fly out of. On top of that it's always on overnight flight, so you stumble off the plane exhausted the next morning. On our first trip back we made the mistake of jumping into some sightseeing as soon as we arrived. I just barely remember what we saw. I do remember, though, wishing we could go back to where we were staying and sleep. And if that weren't enough, the return flight is always an all-day flight. Now granted, this is for England, not France, but I would imagine it would be worse for France since they're farther east. I know that they are an hour ahead of Britain in terms of time.

And you're right, Jade. If it's just a weekend, then M & A would be far better off selling the trip and using the money for their business. For our flight this summer, it's going to cost us just over $2,000. A good half of that is taxes, and that's flying a regular airline. Angela said the PR trip would be on some fancy airline that I guess only does these European hops. Regardless, it looked a lot more expensive than our fare.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

If it's only a weekend (I can't remember either) then that's not a prize I'd want. I'd either sell the tickets or somehow come up w/some extra money to stay a week, at least. When you're jet-lagged, nothing, not even somewhere as dazzling as Paris, is any fun. 2 days is only time enough to unpack and then pack up and leave!
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    If it's only a weekend (I can't remember either) then that's not a prize I'd want. I'd either sell the tickets or somehow come up w/some extra money to stay a week, at least. When you're jet-lagged, nothing, not even somewhere as dazzling as Paris, is any fun. 2 days is only time enough to unpack and then pack up and leave!
    I know in BB and other shows they are able to "cash in" the prizes they win. Might be the same for PRAS.

FORT Fogey

Ridiculous prize. It takes two days to aclimate to the time change. And you have to pay taxes on the gift which is high given the extra winfall rate plus they do not choose the cheapest flight or hotel. Coach too, I am sure. So 12 hours flying time + 6 minimum for airport check in + transportation to and from airport which can be 2 hours one way adding to 22 hours or travel time, to spend 48 hours. Nope.

1. LOVED and respected Joanna Coles and would love to see her on the regular version of this show....somehow. She knows her stuff!! Tim Gunn is awesome and I don't want him replaced but...
    2. I truly miss the original judges....and Heidi. Can't wait for them to return.
    3. The hostess for All Stars was simply AWFUL. (I don't even remember her name. Geez.)
    4. Kenley should have been in the finals.
    5. I think the finalists should have been given months to complete a collection...as is done in the regular version of this show.
    6. Hope those guys got more than a weekend in Paris.
    Hyper and Photobabe like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast