+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/22 Finale Part 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 3/22 Finale Part 2 Discussion **Spoilers**

Austin, without socks, is cutting edge hip, weird. I support that. I adore this man. He has a vision that is cloulded with drag. He will find his way and really already has. Kudos good man.
    redsox girl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Austin can't be doing super well if he needed the money to help his mom. Anyone know exactly what he's been up to? I thought I read that he was designing wedding gowns for some big label but I don't think he's doing that anymore.

One thing he has done better than nearly all the others is that he has kept himself in the media all these years.

I like him more than I like his designs but I do think there is a place for his work and I hope he finds it.

From the very beginning, I expected Mondo to win, due to his loss to Gretchen...plus he played the victim card and got a lot of sympathy for it. I disliked him ever since he did that...but I truly admired most of his designs and felt he had enormous talent. So because of his talent, particularly his way of combining different patterns that look fabulous together. So I was resigned to his winning.
    But this time, I didn't really like any of his designs.
    No one impressed me in the final, although I adored Austin's bridal gown...how gorgeous was that?!!!!
    I really expected more from Mondo that what he produced and I agree with one of the judges (can't remember who) who said that with the right muse, he can go far in the business.
    Michael's designs were as humdrum as his creations always are. Not sure why he was there in the first place.
    Very much an anti-climatic final showing for all of them.
    And I need to say that Mondo's bad mood and poor little me attitude in the last few weeks really annoyed me. Austin and Michael were under the same duress as he was and they continued to be personable and not as self involved as Mondo.

I also need to repeat my speculation earlier this month that having seen Mondo on a panel, discussing the Oscar red carpet designs, told me that he had won this challenge since it was probably filmed after the finale.
    But c'est la vie.

I am so jealous! My cousin got to meet Tim Gunn today! He was hosting some fashion event at the mall where she was shopping, and afterwards he gave out autographs and let people take pictures with him. My cousin posted her pic of her and Tim on her Facebook account. Cousin said that Tim was every bit as friendly as he is on TV. In fact, a friend of hers got to meet Tim at another event in NYC, and when Cousin mentioned, Tim said he remembered her. And to prove that he wasn't just being polite, he described the encounter just the way the friend had!

Now I can't wait for the real PR to come on again. Come back, Tim, I miss you! And bring Heidi while you're at it.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I am so jealous! My cousin got to meet Tim Gunn today! He was hosting some fashion event at the mall where she was shopping, and afterwards he gave out autographs and let people take pictures with him. My cousin posted her pic of her and Tim on her Facebook account. Cousin said that Tim was every bit as friendly as he is on TV. In fact, a friend of hers got to meet Tim at another event in NYC, and when Cousin mentioned, Tim said he remembered her. And to prove that he wasn't just being polite, he described the encounter just the way the friend had!

Now I can't wait for the real PR to come on again. Come back, Tim, I miss you! And bring Heidi while you're at it.
    100% cool! I would LOVE to meet Tim - just because he seems to be such a gentleman.
    jucamer likes this.

I never liked Nina - Michael and Heidi were getting on my nerves too. But after this awful season I can not wait for them to come back! The only person I liked on this show was Joanna Coles, but I adore Tim wouldn't trade him for anyone! Can't wait for the new season
    Uncle David and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

I guess Tim is hitting the malls promoting LUCKY jeans. There was a story about him at a local mall in the Boston paper and everybody adored him

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Did I hear correctly that the runners-up got a wekEND trip to Paris? I'm sure they are happy they received something, but you can't see a lot of Paris in a weekend.
    Yes, you heard correctly! A weekend trip to Paris. What a waste! I think both Austin & Michael could have used the money a heck of a lot more than a weekend trip to Paris. Seriously, what a terrible "prize", they're gonna spend more time flying & going through customs than seeing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Believe it or not, I was surprised that I found all 3 collections equally appealing __ but just to different "markets".
    I agree! I really liked all 3 also. From the beginning of the season, I hoped & mostly expected Mondo to win due to the Gretchen debaucle. And I am glad he won, even though towards the end of this season, I wasn't as big of a Mondo fan as I had previously been. He was really moody & bitchy this time around, especially towards the end of the season.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I read in an interview with Michael that he was going to be able to sell in NM as well. I don't remember hearing that. Was that a prize he got or something? I can't even remember where I read it. It was not a website I had seen before, so who knows if it was accurate.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I know I'm in the minority, but I still don't understand why Austin was in the finals.

Although I was rooting for Mondo from the beginning, as I watched the collections walk, I really thought Michael would win.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast