+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/15 Finale Part 1 Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 3/15 Finale Part 1 Discussion **Spoilers**

I have to agree Mondo is being a grouch, but so is Austin on the whole decision making thing - BOTH showed the attitude. I find it a bit dumb honestly - it is a contest, and while I do think they should balance out strong walkers among the three of them, it's first come, first served in regard to the choices IMHO.

Michael I think is just happy to be in the final three given he's had a bottom two appearance (at least one) and Austin the same thing. Neither also were in the final runway.

Mondo's attitude I think is compounded by stress of the show, personal stress, and the pressure of being the ONLY one who did a final runway (officially), and lost to someone who honestly had the same sourpuss attitude he's currently showing. His work from what I'm seeing though is weaker than his first go. Even Korto - a designer who has appeared twice and finished second twice - had similar if not stronger works in the All-Stars challenge (and yes, I DO feel she was robbed the second go to a subpar design).

Ironically though, I think they're editing him just like Gretchen that season (both IMHO justifiably) so it's pause for thought. They *could* be giving him the winner's edit.

Based on the after the Runway bit - I do think the winner is more of a toss up than it being a Mondo is getting his win that he should've gotten his season.

Because the comments made in the after the runway were a bit more telling IMHO than I think they wanted to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Seriously, even if Michael wins how wearable are his garments unless they are models. However I can see many of his gowns perhaps adapted for resort wear. Which is not a bad place to be business wise.
    His gowns adapted for resort wear would be more wearable than the recent regular PR winner. Which is why he won't win, IMHO. This season seems, to me, to be a set-up for Mondo to win. Only they really don't have a bad guy with granny pants to go up against. And he isn't as likable this season. He already had the big reveal and his turnaround about MIchael on his season. His designs are not as good this year. Really none of them are as good this year from what I remember. Maybe it is like when you get older .. the good old days are always that, even if they were not really good.
    jucamer likes this.

Say what you want about Gretchen but she has been actively showing at the past several Fashion Weeks.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Austin calling Anthony "Her Serene Highness, the Princess Antoinetta" was the high point for me.
    I screamed laughing when Anthony said that. He is a riot. I met him in an antique store last year and he's exactly the same in person.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Say what you want about Gretchen but she has been actively showing at the past several Fashion Weeks.
    Hopefully it's improved because I don't know of many people who wanted the outfits she had made for "PR."

I do think she has a future in jewelrymaking if she'd just make items that didn't stay in the '70s-'80s and were too large to wear in normal circumstances. She did make nice pieces in that area.

Link to Gretchen's Collection. Some designs are "weird" but most are work wearable for me.

gretchenjonesnyc | collections
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Link to Gretchen's Collection. Some designs are "weird" but most are work wearable for me.

gretchenjonesnyc | collections
    From what I've seen she's improved. I still disagree about her win, but at least she's showing that she earned it... a couple of seasons later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234