+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 3/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I'm a designer and I sketch exactly like Mondo does - badly (note, he did sketch, even if it was a hard line drawing). ...I know there are people who don't like Mondo and I do - save this dress because of the boxy effect. That said - I don't think it's fair to say that he's "disingenuous" because he doesn't sketch.
    You have misunderstood what I have written. Your logic that says that I said he's disingenuous because he doesn't sketch is non sequitur and was not what I said. He strikes me as a disingenuous person overall - period. They showed him doodling and refusing to sketch. From what I understand, he had to sketch something to show something to Nanette. Shoepie understood me when he seem to be portraying himself as some mad genius - I don't sketch and look I'm doing so well, to boot.

I don't have a problem with Mondo not sketching because his final product is usually something fantastic. I truly dislike Mondo (the person) but his clothes are fabulous. Kenley had no business expressing out loud her opinion of needing to sketch...I think she said it out of jealousy, revealing her insecurities. The sketch is not what is being judged...the final product is.
    I would wear Mondo's dress in a New York minute! Although I should be a lot younger to really pull it off. It's a perfect beachy-cruise-tropical vacation dress. But it did need some kind of flat shoe, i.e., sandals, etc. Lordy, but he really can put different patterns together like no one else!!

As for Kenley, I really liked all her clothes, this one being the least attractive. But she's a one-note designer, refused to listen to the judges and I think that was enough for her to be eliminated. I like her designs....can't stand her nasty attitude nor her nasal voice so I won't miss her much.

I didn't mind Mondo's boxy dress and am happy his design was chosen over that ugly red coat or that awful caftan. However, I will admit his choice(s) of funky multifabrics was what brought it to "winning" status. It reminded me of a 1920s type chimease (sp?) style. I think it will sell quite well.

I was so disappointed in this week's outcome.

Was Mondo's dress better than Austin's coat? No.
    Was Kenley's dress her best? Not by a long shot.
    Was Michael's moo-moo better than Kenley's mismatched-fabric dress? Not at all.

Michael should have been gone long ago. Heck, the only time he really put something out that was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l, it was a knock-off of what Jerrell was designing.
    I can't believe he's in over Kenley. One-note? Yes, but always beautifully made (sans this week when everyone faltered), and a vision a true collection could be created off of.

It will be an interesting finale between Austin and Mondo.

Oh, and did Kenley tell Mondo he had to sketch to be a better designer? No, she told Michael he should teach Mondo how to sketch.
    She was not being mean or ugly about it, at all.
    watts likes this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    I was so disappointed in this week's outcome.

Was Mondo's dress better than Austin's coat? No.
    Was Kenley's dress her best? Not by a long shot.
    Was Michael's moo-moo better than Kenley's mismatched-fabric dress? Not at all.

Michael should have been gone long ago. Heck, the only time he really put something out that was b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l, it was a knock-off of what Jerrell was designing.
    I can't believe he's in over Kenley. One-note? Yes, but always beautifully made (sans this week when everyone faltered), and a vision a true collection could be created off of.

It will be an interesting finale between Austin and Mondo.

Oh, and did Kenley tell Mondo he had to sketch to be a better designer? No, she told Michael he should teach Mondo how to sketch.
    She was not being mean or ugly about it, at all.

I totally disagree - Kenley is a one hit wonder, her dresses may be beautifully made but they are the same old, same old......
    And I do think Kenley was being a HS mean girl to Mondo about his sketching abilities. She just talks too damn much and her superior attitude makes me cringe.
    IMO - I think Michael is very talented and I am SO happy he made it to the final 3 and believe he deserved it over her. I can't wait to see his collection
    GabbyG, Allie and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post

That was what I meant....Kenley designs beautiful clothes and they would make a beautiful collection....I meant that this show is not about who makes a good collection but who can meet the required rules in each assignment. Kenley couldn't do that. Like the judges would ask of her, "Show us something different that would really amaze us." I think Kenley is talented enough to have met those requirements but she's sort of stuck in one pattern and just varies it a little. The judges want to be surprised and see the designers top their last creation.
    And personally, I think Kenley was mean about the sketching remark. It was totally unnecessary and none of her business. Whether or not Mondo does sketches has no impact on what she creates. She's being nicer in this All Star competition than her past participation but Kenley is who Kenley is and it shows.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Kenly is waiting tables? My guess the pride is causing her stubbornness. It is ok to get help from people. That only served to make us better. I am glad she came back. She appears much more likable. I guess Austin knew all this and was mothering her.

I fell asleep watching last week. I just now saw Jerrell go. I like him a lot.

Great challenge. They need to find the profitable avenue for their dreams. Yesterday I bought a Simplicity Leanne Marshall pattern. Hope she is doing well.
    Leanne is doing pretty well. She is pretty much focused on her bridal line. If you google her, you will see her line...wavy.... much like Kenley & her same dress and Michael C and his caftans. All IMHO one noters.

Rami is designing wedding gowns for Bebe surprisingly not all draping.
    Last edited by PA Snow Bunny; 03-12-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Rami was a surprise during this show when he hardly draped at all....everything was much sharper

I do agree with Austin and would have preferred a final three of Austin, Kenley and Mondo.
    cubsfan55 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I totally disagree - Kenley is a one hit wonder, her dresses may be beautifully made but they are the same old, same old......
    And I do think Kenley was being a HS mean girl to Mondo about his sketching abilities. She just talks too damn much and her superior attitude makes me cringe.
    IMO - I think Michael is very talented and I am SO happy he made it to the final 3 and believe he deserved it over her. I can't wait to see his collection
    Then it's a good thing we're not in the same room, because I'd have to punch you.
    We can disagree. It's all good.

Oh, and I teach in a high school so I guess that's why I didn't think Kenley was being a HS Mean Girl. I see and know *real* HS Mean Girl stuff each and every day.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345