+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 3/8 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    I think it's a schtick. What designer cannot sketch? Has anyone seen sketches by great designers such as Alber Elbaz or Christian Lacroix? He seemed to be more stubbornly intent on not trying to sketch at all. He strikes me as a very disingenuous person (like Michael).
    This makes sense, of course. It makes him look like a mad artistic genious. I don't find either of these men compelling.

Not to put it too dramatically, but this week restored my faith in the franchise.

The fact that they sent Kenley home over Michael was the absolute right move, given the nature of the challenge. Kenley sealed fer own fate when she ignored Joanne and the other woman's advice in the workroom. If you don't listen to the client, ou will not sell your pieces. Period. Everyone else decided to have their ears open to some degree, but Kenley (as Kenley always has) decided that her vision was more important than the client's feedback.

I read somehwere in here recently that Kenley was waiting tables. After watching this week's episode, AND watching the After The Runway show where she continued to be just as obstinate, I'm not a bit suprised that she still hasn't gotten her business off the ground. She's still a spoiled brat.

Michael may still implode in the finals, but I'm glad that he got a second chance to show a collection, especially since Kenley already had her chance to show at a real Fashion Week in her season.

But ultimately, I'm still convinced that this season was engineered to be MONDO: THE REVENGE. If Austin manages to pull out a win, that would be fine, but at this point, Mondo's only competition is himself.
    jadewarlock, jucamer and Babbred like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Kenly is waiting tables? My guess the pride is causing her stubbornness. It is ok to get help from people. That only served to make us better. I am glad she came back. She appears much more likable. I guess Austin knew all this and was mothering her.

I fell asleep watching last week. I just now saw Jerrell go. I like him a lot.

Great challenge. They need to find the profitable avenue for their dreams. Yesterday I bought a Simplicity Leanne Marshall pattern. Hope she is doing well.
    You can do it!

IDK...the after show made it look like Austin won not Mondo...JMO...but it could be their way of trying to Fleiss us
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Is there anyone here that DIDN'T think Mondo and Austin would be 2 of the 3 finalists? That was etched in stone before the season even started....and it was beyond obvious the whole time.

FORT Fogey

I am getting tired of Mondo and his little boy whinning...at least he isn't dressng lke a 5 year old on the stage, but he sure is continuing to act like one. So Kenley commented on his inability to sketch.....big deal. To watch him sulk in the work room was just a continuation of his previous sulks.....BORING.

I also was annoyed at Michael.....this was his big chance to get in the finals after showing how hurt he was when he kicked out early before....and what does he do...the SAME old dress!!! Still too long and too low. He was so lucky Kenley also continued her annoying behavior ( which they called her on) by removing the keyhole and also messed up the seam lines.

Maybe we are not meant to see these people more than once......the personality traits grate
    cubsfan55 likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

Quote Originally Posted by watts View Post
    I think it's a schtick. What designer cannot sketch? Has anyone seen sketches by great designers such as Alber Elbaz or Christian Lacroix? He seemed to be more stubbornly intent on not trying to sketch at all. He strikes me as a very disingenuous person (like Michael).
    I'm a designer and I sketch exactly like Mondo does - badly (note, he did sketch, even if it was a hard line drawing). Yet I can make very popular jewelry and accessories - some of which do require sewing.

Some people cannot see things in two-dimension, they have to see it in 3D or see the actual materials to get the idea right.

Others don't sketch because it messes up their thinking process when it comes to actual fabrication.

I know there are people who don't like Mondo and I do - save this dress because of the boxy effect. That said - I don't think it's fair to say that he's "disingenuous" because he doesn't sketch.

Doesn't mean that he can't learn, but doesn't mean that it's wrong if he doesn't because there can be more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    Kenley was third in her season, I am pretty sure.
    OK, then higher than second. I think Mondo had the highest placing prior to the All Stars season at second.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Is there anyone here that DIDN'T think Mondo and Austin would be 2 of the 3 finalists? That was etched in stone before the season even started....and it was beyond obvious the whole time.
    No, but because each week they've taken great risks, even at the cost of nearly being eliminated. I think that has been what set them apart - only a couple have really tried to take any great risks, others just were staying in their comfort zone (Kenley, Mila).

Going by stats here though - Mondo hasn't been in the bottom two this season, whereas Austin and Michael have. Mondo was in the bottom three in one challenge.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast