+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This week, the designers get all Neon Noodle on their models!

NOTE: There is another 30-minute "After the Runway" show following the episode.

Please keep all discussion in here until 10PM PT / 1AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Counting on spoilers as I may not be able to watch tonight!! Dish, baby, dish! ;-)

Jerrell gets the boot - FINALLY!!!!!!!!
    Allie and Babbred like this.

interesting challenge tonight with all the lights...something different
    Allie likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

All in all, a better group of designs than the past couple of weeks. But the personality mix between the remaining designers and the faux host/judges is just a drag. This season is screaming for a cameo appearance by Heidi, Tim, Nina and Michael.

I'm glad Austin won -- his was the most "gasp-worthy" for me when it came out (in a good way). I would have been happy with Jerell or Michael leaving. In fact, why don't they just let everyone else go and have a Mondo/Austin showdown for the finale?
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I like the fact that we have had some unusual challenges this season its not the same ole boring stuff...I would say I was sad to see Jerrell go but I would be lying..lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I have to say that I liked Jerrell's over Michael's this week... HOWEVER Jerrell made a fatal mistake IMHO with the black pencil skirt. Michael's design - as much as it pains me to say this, pulled a similar contestant in Face Off's effect and just lucked out this week because of another's poor choice. (and mind you I like Michael's but overall he's had more lower ranked designs and been in the bottom two more).

Out of the top three, I thought all were deserving, but Austin did earn the win because his was etheral like they said. I wish that the lights were interspersed under as well as over the skirt to look like they were sewn in instead of draped, but it still was quite nice. Kenley's I think just missed it because even with the update in design there still was a basic skirt aspect that she's always done. Mondo's was quite nice and yes Avante Garde even if not the extreme as Austin's. I thought they were all ranked properly.

The final two should be for sure Austin and Mondo. I personally would prefer Kenley over Michael only because she's had more top looks and hasn't been in the bottom two the past two weeks, but if it's the reverse then it's OK too.

I just think out of the whole season, Mondo and Austin are the top two.

That said, and I"m putting this in spoilers because it's not the show itself but the after the runway:

Click to see Spoiler:
    did anyone else find it odd that none had to answer a question about what it would take for Austin to be in the final three? I think they have either just ousted him as the next to go - which would be sad though he'd had to REALLY bomb to get ousted now, or he's the winner afterall? If the latter, and Mondo is second, at least he will have lost to a better designer overall than Gretchen.

Wow, I just saw the runway portion of this show. I missed the beginning of this one. This has to be one of the most interesting challenges ever! I hope to see the rest of the show soon. The designers all did a very good job even though Jerrell and Michael clearly fell short on this one. I was not as crazy about Kenley's design as they were. It must have looked much better in person as the top thing (jacket?) looked like a huge blur and I have a fairly good TV. I just didn't get the shape of her ensemble. I liked Mondo's the best, but may have missed the point of this challenge since I came in late to this one. Austin's reaction to winning was great. He was so touched by being told he was a star
    Bunny555 likes this.

Sounds like I missed a good one. I think I'll need to go in search of pictures before I catch a rerun. I like Jerrell but he's really put out some head-scratching stuff so I can see it being his time to go.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

I liked Kenley's the best and wanted her to win. I liked that Issac agreed.

Most of these looked like costumes from a sci fi flick and would have worked on Face Off. Since I find this season lacking it is hard for me to get excited about anything or care who wins. I don't think the contestants are all that attatched to winning either.

All of them have experienced a degree of accomplishment and most have a line, sell their clothes or are asked to design something for a client. So the host, who is she, talks to them about how she has watched them improve blah blah blah. They all sat with a frozen grin on their faces. Austin has even had a TV show of his own. What was production thinking asking her to give them this condescending rap?!
    Last edited by Shoepie; 03-02-2012 at 07:44 AM.
    Cootie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast