+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 3/1 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I liked this challenge- something different. I wasn't overly thrilled with any one particular dress, but they all did mostly okay and it was fun. I'm glad Jerrell is finally gone, but I have to say I do love his attitude- he always LOVED everything he made and always thought it would win, but never complained when it didn't and he had a great outlook when he was sent packing last night and on the After the Runway too.

I'm not missing Nina and Micheal so much as Tim and Heidi. It drives me nuts when Angela says "as its been said on Project Runway....in fashion one day you're in and the next you're out". Is she not just allowed to say it without the disclaimer at the beginning? Is it Heidi's trademark saying? I thought I would get used to her by now, but I'm getting sick of hearing her read off the card and enunciating every. little. syllable. Hard to explain but I know you all know what I mean. I actually like Joanna and find her critiques to be helpful and hopeful too. I didn't think I would miss Heidi, but I do....and of course, miss Tim a lot. I'm surprised he hasn't made an appearance on AllStars yet. When does the next season start???

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    did anyone else find it odd that none had to answer a question about what it would take for Austin to be in the final three? I think they have either just ousted him as the next to go - which would be sad though he'd had to REALLY bomb to get ousted now, or he's the winner afterall? If the latter, and Mondo is second, at least he will have lost to a better designer overall than Gretchen.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Yes, I noticed that and I noticed that Austin sat through most of the discussion with pursed lips. He seemed very reserved. As you said, it could go either way.

I loved Austin's fairy lights dress. It looked like star clusters as seem through the Hubble telescope. I liked Kenley's silhouette for once because of the structured over blouse. I thought Michael's ComCon character was pretty cool. Mondo's peplum bustier looked like a re-work of a fifties sun dress where they put "flaps" at the top of the bust line. The exaggeration made the look modern out there. Jerell made a basic black dress ad then overlaid a straw or grass skirt only made of lights, not straw or grass. The judges were right in that he should have lost the long skirt. Tough call between the Ninja and the tribal dancer, but, in the end, the Ninja kicked her a**.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

Last edited by pikachu; 03-02-2012 at 10:35 AM.

FORT Fogey

Kenley did her usual dress---just poofed out the top rather than having it strapless. Funny that this small change make it OK for the judges...

There was nothing AG about Mondo's dress. Look at it above, those are just stripes along the side that happen to light up. I am of the faction that says this is Mondo's show since he has gotten good comments just about all the time. The one negative about that ugly hot pants outfit that he dedicated to his mother (?!?!) set him back and he barely recovered from the trauma,

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques: I was very happy with the bottom two this weekóMichael and Jerell. Both of them could have gone as far as I was concerned. Jerellís departure was long overdue. This was an interesting challenge but I didnít think the designers utilized the lighting effects as well as they could have. Diana Eng from season two of Project Runway designed an outfit incorporating magnets. Itís too bad she wasnít around for this challenge because she would have done something fantastic.

Austin: I really liked Austinís outfit and Iím glad he won this week, even though I will admit his dress reminds me of a float in a parade. He needs to cool it with the tulle. We know thatís his favorite fabric but heís getting to be too one-note. He needs to show that he can work with other fabrics and make something other than ballgowns if he hopes to win this season.

Jerell: I actually liked the outfit when he was showing it to Kenley in the workroom, although I couldnít understand why he wanted to add a long skirt to it. It looked good as it was. On the runway, however, with the dreadful styling Jerell added, this was a trainwreck. His model looked like a character from a Dr. Seuss book.

Kenley: Congratulations to Kenley for giving us more this week! I really liked the skirt of her outfit. Unlike the judges, I did not like the jacket. I thought the proportions were way off. These were two clever ideas that should not have been put together. The jacket with a smaller skirt or the skirt with a smaller top would have been fine. Kenley made the best use of the glow-in-the-dark items.

Michael: I really hate Michaelís ninja outfit. Everything about it is atrociousóthe styling of the hair, the covering of the modelís face, the ridiculous shoulder loops, the tape wrapped around the modelís arms. Ugh! He earned his spot in the bottom two this week.

Mondo: Mondoís outfit is like a futuristic Pizza Hut worker. The fabric on the back reminds me a lot of an oven mitt. I hate the design of the bust. Itís so warped, unattractive, and could poke someoneís eye out! I hadnít noticed what looks like a neon cockatoo nesting on top of the modelís head last night on the runway. I really didnít care for this. Itís not Mondoís best work.

ibot, Avante Garde, as someone mentioned in the after show, is something that hasn't been seen before. In Mondo's case, I haven't seen the head dress or even really the patterning of the outfit with lights like he did before. It's not as outlandish or as new as say Austin's design, and was worthy of the third rank, but still... it's not as obvious as Kenley's shape of the outfit. Kenley benefitted for creating a new textile using the neon tape material.

FORT Fogey

Mondo's dress was striped. I don't know if anyone has ever patterned a dress with lights.....if Mondo did it last night, then they all did it...but his looked more like an everyday striped dress. Headpiece may have been strange and new and ugly......but otherwise I didn't seen anything new in his design or shape

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Mondo's dress was striped. I don't know if anyone has ever patterned a dress with lights.....if Mondo did it last night, then they all did it...but his looked more like an everyday striped dress. Headpiece may have been strange and new and ugly......but otherwise I didn't seen anything new in his design or shape
    Never have seen boots like that nor racing patterns done with lights for an outfit. The chest top is also fairly recent in the design as far as the way the curves went here.

It was Tron like Michael said in regard to the light stripes (the actual pearl ones), but it also though was one of the better designed and made dresses there.

But like I said, it would be seen as the "safe" one this week - because it was ranked third behind Kenley and Austin. So... they did ding him for not being as avante garde but they didn't ding him so far he was ranked in the bottom two.

FORT Fogey

Boots with a turned down flap .....pretty everyday except they lit up in red. The racing pattern is again ordinary---in lights? They all were in lights. The chest was something different although Madonna or Katy Perry or Lady Gaga may have had something like that in one of their many costumes. I guess we just don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Boots with a turned down flap .....pretty everyday except they lit up in red. The racing pattern is again ordinary---in lights? They all were in lights. The chest was something different although Madonna or Katy Perry or Lady Gaga may have had something like that in one of their many costumes. I guess we just don't agree.
    No, I guess not and that's fine. I think the judges think avante garde is the fact that all are lights and lit.

I will say avante garde or no, Mondo's was better made than Michael's for sure. I think though had Jerrell NOT done the black pencil skirt and stuff? - We'd had a Mondo and Michael bottom two with Michael being ousted. Jerrell's was IMHO a bit more interesting when you go head/head with Mondo's and therefore wins that part of the challenge.

Mind you - I like all of the final five in their own way (I really just didn't like April of this season), but it had to be close on these sets of looks save maybe Austin's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast