+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Which All-Star will fall tonight?

Please keep all discussion in here until 10PM PT / 1AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: All Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Gut says J. Or K. OF course I haven't watched the show, so what do I know>? They probably end up 1 and 2 and my feeling was a stomach ache.
    Last edited by Allie; 02-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.

Anyone out there watching? I am looking forward to the results - I plan to watch when it airs on the west coast. In the meantime, your comments are welcome if you are watching the show - spoilers here, hint hint!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

The crack pipe has clearly been passed down. I literally (yes, literally, not figuratively) yelled at my TV "You have got to be &*!#ing kidding me!" when Mila was let go over Jarrell. Mila's look was, at the very least, well-made and, though it looked a little like wearing mis-matched shoes, it would not be mistaken for a tacky, poorly constructed, and just plain ugly India Barbie costume. I was okay with Mondo's win, as it was the best of the bunch, but it just felt like the upper end Calvin Klein line, with some green and black detail on the back. But how in the hell was Michael remotely in the top 3?

Jarrell should have been cut loose weeks ago. And I, like Mondo, wonder why one-note Kenley is still there.

I liked that they brought back the after-show interview half-hour. And I loved that Joanna brought up the whole underwear business. I'd venture to say that the majority of women who can afford high-end clothes (saving for the starlets who get them on loan) need a bit of support here and there, whether it be the accursed Spanx or just simply a well-made bra.

They are now having a half hour After The Runway show with Issac and Joanna interviewing with the remaining designers. It is good.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So back to the beginning of this show. Their designs are inspired by 6 world region flags from the United Nations Building. Interesting concept.

I'm one who agrees with the rest of the designers - Jerrell should've gone home. Mila's only fault with that dress was that the red half was just a tad too long. I think if she had made that side no more than 6-8 inches longer than the black, it'd been sharp and elegant. It was a little too long on that half, but it was very well made. Shouldn't have been eliminated, shouldn't have even been in the bottom three this round.

Jerrell's was a hot mess to the point that even the Capitol folk wouldn't wear it even if it was the hot fashion trend there (Those who have read "The Hunger Games" will get this comment). He's had nice outfits, but this was absolutely horrid. No green sari? - not a huge difference.

Like Michael, but his outfit too was bad, especially in the back. The Miss World comment from Mondo was spot on.

Austin's wasn't absolutely horrid, but deserved to be in the bottom three. At least he kinda got the feel of the country.

I wasn't a fan of Kenley's, but she did decent enough to be in the top three given the entire set of six designers.

Mondo's was the best of the lot though - I loved the front and didn't mind the surprise of green and gold on the dress. I might've seen if I could've added a very small touch of green/yellow in the front to add a bit of interest, but it was still a nice dress.

I do agree though - we women would like a nice dress and be able to wear proper undergarments for it. I am not flat enough to wear these outfits without some support.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Kenley made a fabulous dress but we have seen that before, many times. She would have won had they not seen this exact dress in her season in the finale. I like Kenley and there are many who would and do love to wear her clothes. Betsy Johnson built an empire on a very definitive and limited style.

I agreed with Mila going. For me she is just as one note as Kenley only I don't like anything she makes! I expected Austin to go; I am glad he didn't.

Mondo's dress was not that great, for me and Michael's was terrible! Not a good week in the design department.

My DVR did not pick up next weeks After the Runway so heads up on that. It airs after the next episode.

Anyone know if this season will end in fashion week like the others? This season is not great. It was created to make money and buy some time off for the regular cast and not very interesting. It feels like the thrown together effort that it is.

And Jerrell sews on.....

Honestly that was a mess. When the model was walking around before the green material was added, I didn't think it was horrible- a bit over the top- but not aweful. I remember thinking that he must have changed his design after Joanna talked to him...and then it came out on the runway. It looked like all the people in India threw up on that poor model. I have never liked Mila- not a fan of people that never seem happy- but her dress was well constructed and not aweful- weird, but not terrible.

I may be in the minority, but I actually like Kenley. I think she is totally one-note, but I did think last nights party dress was a little further out of the box than she usually steps. I wasn't really a fan of it, but compared to everyone else I thought it passed muster.

Austin's dress was trying to be something, but never made it and does he have the most pissed-off model ever? She always looks mad as hell on the runway.

Looking forward to a week when I really like something that comes down the runway...this week not so much!

I do like in the After the Runway that Isaac & Joanna ask Kenley about not going far outside her box. She says that her esthetic is the 1940's, 1950's look and shilouette and that is exactly what she designs around, that and women can wear underwear in her dresses. Kenley does go on and expounds on her esthetic. Very good interview. Kara joins the interview and they are hysterical together.

I do like how the majority of the designers thought Jerrell should have gone home instead of Mila.
    Shoepie and Allie like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast