+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

You detectives are fantastic---thanks so much. It seems that Kenley has only so many looks in her, which may be why she is not designing when she came into the contest this year.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Many years ago, I used to sew most of my own clothes, as well as my daughter's. I remember that when I found a dress pattern I liked, I'd make several variations of that same dress - some with long sleeves, some with short, various fabrics, etc. I feel that way when I look at Kenley's stuff. She she seems to have one pattern that she's comfortable with, and makes variations of it. She sews well, but this isn't supposed to be a sewing competition - it's a design competition.

I really don't watch the Oscars anymore...probably because I don't like the "stars" anymore...but today my daughter was over here and turned on the "red carpet" feature, then she was doing some channel jumping and there was Mondo, acting as a commentator for the Oscars. How the heck did he get that job? I mean, he is a good designer but I just didn't think he had the credentials to be there...So far and unfortunately not in his fault, he hasn't even been a winner of PR. And at the moment, he's just a contender for All Stars PR. Or is it possible that he is/was the winner of All Stars and we just don't know it yet? Maybe that's why he was there? If so I guess this is a spoiler post. Time will tell.

FORT Fogey

that does seem to be the possibility---

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I really don't watch the Oscars anymore...probably because I don't like the "stars" anymore...but today my daughter was over here and turned on the "red carpet" feature, then she was doing some channel jumping and there was Mondo, acting as a commentator for the Oscars. How the heck did he get that job? I mean, he is a good designer but I just didn't think he had the credentials to be there...So far and unfortunately not in his fault, he hasn't even been a winner of PR. And at the moment, he's just a contender for All Stars PR. Or is it possible that he is/was the winner of All Stars and we just don't know it yet? Maybe that's why he was there? If so I guess this is a spoiler post. Time will tell.
    Nick Verreos from season 2 never won, in fact he left too soon to even do a decoy collection at Fashion Week, but he went on to become a fashion commentator for several TV networks and web blogs. Sometimes the exposure itself is enough to get you in the door.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I'm a Mondo fan and desperately want him to win this year. He was robbed the season Gretchen won. I saw her clothes as bohemian but sloppy and every color looked the same, like muddy river water and moldy leaves.

Good riddance Mila! She always thought way too much of herself anyway. Jerrell is my next pick to go. I think Michael has talent, but it wasn't as evident in this last challenge. I'm totally on the fence about Kenley. This dress she sent down the runway was probably the first dress I absolutely LOVED but I hated the fabric choice. I could see that same dress made with the matte jersey that Mondo used for his dress, just different colors. Something classy and somewhat slinky instead of what looked like the double knit fabric that my father's golf pants were made out of in 1977! I think Kenley is very boring normally. You almost always know what she will make... the main thing I love about Mondo is that he will surprise us every single time. I think he's got what it takes to make it in this industry!

Cookie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234