+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: All Stars 2/23 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

I think this is the second time I have been surprised by Jerrell not being sent home.

I do hope Kenley does something different soon. Have we ever seen anything in a pant from her? I think I would like to see her make some pants

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques: Project Runway all-stars? Raise your right hand and repeat after me.
    I pledge to the flags… of the United Nations… to never make dresses inspired by you again. And to pikachu… who’s writing this review… one workroom… under stress… with hissy fits and fashion for all!

Austin: Austin’s was my favorite dress this week. I’d never even heard of his country before this episode. Who would have thought you’d get a geography lesson by watching Project Runway? I liked how he draped the fabrics with layers of colors and was happy he incorporated some of his colors into his accessories. The look fits his country, too.

Jerell: Jerell’s model stepped right off the cover of Bollywood Today magazine. His look was definitely too costumy and I didn’t like how he draped the green fabric over her shoulder. It appears that he designed whatever he wanted this week and then threw a flag over the model’s shoulder on the way to the runway to meet the requirements of the challenge. The outfit itself looks nice in the pictures but on the show last night, the construction was very poor when viewed up close.

Kenley: Of all the fashions this week, I think Kenley’s looks the least like her flag. It’s horrifying that the judges rated this as one of the best of the week! Although I guess this didn’t have much choice considering the other designers didn’t do much better. I’m so glad Isaac called Kenley out on doing the same look week after week. I hope she gets away from polka dots and retro dresses. We get that she can do that look! Can she do anything else? An all-star should have a wider range than what Kenley has been showing.

Michael: This is the laziest outfit seen on the runway in a long time. It’s as though Michael wrapped a tablecloth around his model, added a blue napkin ring to hold it together, and called it a day. He really didn’t represent his country well. BTW, I never would have guessed his background was Greek. I kind of thought he was Italian.

Mila: Whoever said this outfit was schizophrenic was right. I rolled my eyes when Mila chose this flag because I knew what was coming--another black and white geometrical disaster. I’m so glad Mila is gone! Her bad attitude and bad fashion sense really got on my nerves.

Mondo: I like the shape of Mondo’s outfit but I think the colors of the flag are represented too literally. I wish he had incorporated the colors on the front of the dress. Also, I didn’t like the styling of the model’s hair. I already cringed when he said he wanted dreadlocks because once again I thought it was too literal. Then, he had the hair tied up anyway so you lost the look of the dreadlocks. I think he would have been better off to tie the model’s hair up without putting it in dreadlocks first.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I do like in the After the Runway that Isaac & Joanna ask Kenley about not going far outside her box. She says that her esthetic is the 1940's, 1950's look and shilouette and that is exactly what she designs around, that and women can wear underwear in her dresses. Kenley does go on and expounds on her esthetic. Very good interview. Kara joins the interview and they are hysterical together.

I do like how the majority of the designers thought Jerrell should have gone home instead of Mila.
    I was sorry I didn't know this was on. I am looking forward to it next week. Odd that lifetime isn't repeating it before then, they repeat everything else 10 times over within a day or two!

I adore Kenley and glad to hear she stood up for herself. She has a nitch that is hers and she intends to continue with that. My daughter inlaw loves her clothes. DIL has a wide range of styles but Kenley type clothes are part of it. She just bought a sleeveless shirt dress from Anthropologie that Kenley could have easily desinged. No one woman is going to outfit herself entirely of Kenleys creations but she has a bigger audience than many realize.

The actress who played Marilyn, Michele Williams, wears that retro demure look on the red carpet repeatedly as do others. It is hot right now.

FORT Fogey

I truly thought that Austin should have gone over either Jerrell or Mila! It was a disaster - the colors, the fit, the twisties...

FORT Fogey

I said this before but after featuring Austin as the centerpiece of this cycle, he is a huge disappointment. It is like he has lost his talent.

This dress was overworked and did not include the colors of the flag. It seemed that the primary colors offended his taste level and he just could not work with all of them in one dress. I figured he would do some beach type dress with the rainbow display of colors......instead he overworked chiffon and limted himself to the colors he could stand.

Kenley's dress was cute but IM was VERY clear that they did not want to see that dress shape again. Can I take money on the bet that she will ignore that strong warning----seconded by hostess and continue blithely in her own mode??
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Isaac mentioned at some point during the 'after' show that no one did especially well. How true!!! I think Mondo got the win because the dress was very well sewn and fit his model (who has a great figure) very well. Put that same dress on any ordinary woman and it would have looked awful.

I'm wondering if Austin actually used the sewing machine for anything but the hem of that dress. It all looked piled on and held together with twist-ties and a belt.

Kenley - same old, same old. And WTF was she wearing while sitting there on the couch next to Kara? Somewhere, there's an old lady's bathroom missing the rug that goes around the toilet!

Michael's was uninspiring, but it certainly wasn't the worst of the night, even with that hideous blue trim. I don't think (as Phone Grrrl has asked) that he was in the Top Three. Yes, they talked about him in the "good news" portion, but it seemed more like he simply avoided a spot in the bottom by being mediocre.

Mila - color-blocking, again, with black fabric. And people think Kenley is a one-note designer!!

Jerrell couldn't stop himself from adding more and more and more and more. This was the UN version of the Beg For Your Clothes On The Street challenge.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I think they should have declared no winner this week, only "safe" people. None of these looks are all that.

In general, I've been surprised by the failure of the imagination on everyone's part all season. If one thing is clear, it's why most of these "All-Stars" didn't win their season. Too many of them refuse to design outside their little boxes. And I'd like to know what hypnotic power Michael C has over the judges that keeps netting him praise for his drapey-drapey pieces -- he's worse than Rami ever was with the draping.

We've been saying it casually since the cast was announced, but now it really seems to be the truth -- this season was set up to be Mondo's Revenge. Nobody else in the cast has been able to pull off the combination of "good" and "original/unpredictable" like he can. Austin comes in second but sometimes falls short on the "original" part, and Jerell usually falls short on the "good" part. Everyone else just makes the same clothes they've always made, no matter what the challenge.
    pikachu, Arielflies and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I agree that they should have said there was no winner this week. I also wouldn't have been opposed to them eliminating more than one designer, although this season would have come to end much sooner than anticipated if they gave everyone the axe that deserved it.

Maybe they need to give the designers more work time. Since this is an all-stars show, give them more difficult challenges but then allow them a couple of days to work on their design so they can get it right.

Thought the worse two were Austin's and Jerrell's.

Liked Kenley's. It cute, fun and flirty.
    Allie and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast