+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 2/16 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

It's a really good production, they've added a lot of good new ideas. And the new song and vocal arrangements are fantastic. It's in a smaller theater and done in the round, which I think is a great way to do it. The cast is great too. I think it's selling tickets so it should be open for a while yet.
    jucamer likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I know he's had his own Bravo show, but I would have loved to see Chris March compete in this particular challenge, just to see what he'd turn out. But that's not to take away from Mondo's win. Yeah, no regular lady will wear it, but it was all about costume, movement, and stage attraction. He was hands-down the winner for me, and I'm glad the judges saw it correctly. Austin's was good too, but there was something a bit depressing about it to me. I can't really say what.

I dunno about Kara this season. She seemed really off her game--she was much better in her season, or at least to my memory. I'm not surprised she went home.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I know he's had his own Bravo show, but I would have loved to see Chris March compete in this particular challenge, just to see what he'd turn out. But that's not to take away from Mondo's win. Yeah, no regular lady will wear it, but it was all about costume, movement, and stage attraction. He was hands-down the winner for me, and I'm glad the judges saw it correctly. Austin's was good too, but there was something a bit depressing about it to me. I can't really say what.

I dunno about Kara this season. She seemed really off her game--she was much better in her season, or at least to my memory. I'm not surprised she went home.
    I was been disappointed with Kara this season too. Her season was a while ago, but I don't remember her work being so lackluster.

Chris March would have SO much fun with that challenge!

I find Austin sort of depressing. The skirt on that piece was way too bulky around the hips. Did he not pay attention to the fact that he actress who would wear that costume isn't 5'10" and 114 lbs? Plus, did he really try to out diva Isaac? I think the only person who can do that is probably Anna Wintour! I'm reminded of a story from Tim Gunn's book where he talks about Issac having a hissy fit because his security guard was wearing brown.

Sutton Foster! Love her.
    Endit likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

From what I remember, although Kara was loveable and popular in season 2, she was prone to meltdowns then too (Zulema's famous "you gotta cry & cut" speech). She had some good pieces but never won a challenge. She lasted till the final 4 mostly because someone else always had a worse day.

She did a nice black babydoll dress for Nicky Hilton, and her makeover of Santino as a preppy tourist was a hit. The judges also really liked her plant dress.

I also remember a lot of people saying that her Fashion Week decoy collection was better than Chloe's, Daniel V's or Santino's.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 02-17-2012 at 05:12 AM.
    Endit likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Michael's model really looked like Cynthia Bailey from Real Housewives of Atlanta. She is still a working model. Does anyone know if it was her?

FORT Fogey

I find Austin sort of depressing. The skirt on that piece was way too bulky around the hips. Did he not pay attention to the fact that he actress who would wear that costume isn't 5'10" and 114 lbs? Plus, did he really try to out diva Isaac? I think the only person who can do that is probably Anna Wintour! I'm reminded of a story from Tim Gunn's book where he talks about Issac having a hissy fit because his security guard was wearing brown.

I thought Mondo's outfit was definitely the winner over Austin's too. From an actor's point of view, it would simply be easier to sing and move in, and the color would be better on stage, though the judges were right to point out that it was perhaps a wee bit too long, depending on what kind of movement might be involved. If their costumes were supposed to fit in with whatever else was being used already, however, it might have been helpful to let them see at least one of the costumes being used already, so they'd have some idea of what colors, styles were being used already.

Oh, yeah, and Mondo, bless him, thought about putting flats with his costume. Way more comfortable and practical for the actor than heels (though, from my experience, even at the community theatre level, no one really cares about the comfort of the actors except the actors themselves).

And it would have been fun to see Chris March take this one and run with it.

FORT Fogey

Funny..I was thnking about Chris being a great judge for this challenge

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

Kudos to Mondo.

The question: what does super rich look like. Sunglasses I guess. Maybe good tailoring...or maybe thrift store jeans and a t shirt

I like to see interpretations. If I was super rich, I guess I would wear all comfortable clothes.

Mila'd was the one I liked the least. She is super talented, but like Mondo, I think she does a lot of one thing.

Kara Saun is the one I want to see.
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques: The fashions produced this week didnít live up to my standard of all-star quality. Chris March produced more extravagant fashions on a regular season of Project Runway. I didnít love any of the looks this week so picking a winner would have been tough for me. In this case, the winner would be the one who did least bad.

Austin: I think Madonna wannabe when I see this outfit. I could see some older lady wearing this to a concert. However, it was one of the better looks this week and I would have chosen it for the win. I think it fit the part called for in the play. BTW, I feel sorry for Austin being stuck with the model he has. She doesn't seem to like what she's doing and does nothing to sell his outfits. A good model can certainly make a fashion look more appealing.

Jerell: I think Jerell was going for the sexy secretary look but itís not sexy. She looks like someone in a movie who works in a library and everyone finds out later sheís a witch.

Kara: I agreed with the judge who said this was Karaís best outfit so far but he still didnít like it. I love the fur wrap and the red skirt. I just wish the undershirt had been a solid color and the big bow needs to go. The model looks like a Christmas wreath stuck on someoneís door.

Kenley: I want to puke when I look at this outfit (and I think someone else already did puke on it!). There are too many busy prints and textures going on. The overall look is of an older lady going to church. She got her clothes at a thriftstore run by the church. Other people had the sense to throw out those awful prints.

Michael: This would have been a good look for another challenge but I donít think it fit this weekís theme. Actually, I was wondering whose ideas Michael was going to steal this week but fortunately he came up with his own.

Mila: Did I tell you I hate Milaís fashions? Yes, Iím sure I say it every week, because I do. I donít like anything about this look. Even the hairstyle is odd and off-putting, but then what hairstyle would look good with this outfit? I hate both the print and the shape of the skirt. I can see why Mila usually works in black and white. She doesnít want to reveal her atrocious color sense by dabbling in colors.

Mondo: I love Mondo but I donít love this look. Quite honestly, when Mondo was fussing about his outfit in the workroom, I thought it was looking good! Then he had to go and add a bunch of stuff that should have been edited out. It would have been better without the feathery details and I think he has too many competing prints. The Bride of Frankenstein meets Jimi Hendrix thing he has going on isnít working for me.
    Last edited by pikachu; 02-17-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Endit likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast