+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

This season is lacking. It is not just Tim. Heidi is the glue and I personally adore Nina and Michael. I am always stumped when I hear posters who dislike them. I just don't get it. I leap to think that every board has trolls who just LOVE to hate and think that is cool. Anyone else?
    Uncle David likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I leap to think that every board has trolls who just LOVE to hate and think that is cool. Anyone else?
    I'm not willing to agree that anyone is a troll because they don't like Nina and Michael, but I agree that the show suffers greatly without Tim, Heidi, Nina and Michael. I find their replacements milquetoast at best. I'm surprised that, after his failure on Fashion Show, they recruited Isaac Mizrahi as a judge.
    mom2 and CrazyDutchWoman like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I really miss Tim, but I'm enjoying the change in judges and host. I don't want the change to be permanent, but I'm okay with these people for one season. I was MORE unhappy when they did a season in LA and still had Heidi and Tim.

With Rami gone, I find that I've sort of lost interest in the show. His work this week was not great, but Austin should have gone. Those pants were hideous.
    jucamer likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Did you notice the dress dummy at the front door in Mood wearing a t-shirt that said, "Thank you, Mood." At least the designers this go around are keeping up the Tim tradition. (MFWalkoff - you should stop in and buy that t-shirt )

Until Kenley chooses something other than polka dots for material, I can't warm up to her. Yes, her design sense is retro, but, my goodness...I wonder if she has polka dot wall paper?

I was so disappointed in Austin. The moment he asked for a '50s hairstyle, I knew he was doomed. Although, if he had left the pattern material off of the jacket, it might...might have worked.

I just got new glasses and with those I see a huge difference in the actual design of the dreary winter coats put out by Jerell and Michael. Jerell's was free flowing and had a button closure and a higher collar than Michael's. He used a belt woven through the waist which brought it tighter to her body. Still and all, Michael did himself no favor in also choosing that drab, fugly material. In a back hand nod to an almost copy problem, it was interesting that the judges thought the two together on the runway looked like a collection.

When Joann visited the work room, she was wearing the same lemon/lime color sweater that Rami used for his blouse and she told him this color was in for the season. Of course, that is what the judges hated - that and the overblown construction with the badly seamed bodice.

The zippers on the bottoms of Mila's legging jeans were out of synch and that was noticed, but not enough of an error to place her in the bottom. I haven't seen a peek-a-boo arm cape since 1965. They were ugly then and ugly now.

With the white pants, Kara's outfit looked more summer than spring; but it did bring that pop of color in the blouse.

Except for the out of place tote bag, I liked Mondo's creation. It looked loose and comfortable. He also used the lemon/lime color for the belt.

I can see where Jerell was the winner. As far as the coat, I didn't like the banding around the bottom, but I did like his under pieces - they definitely had a city girl look to them.

Overall, the cooler months colors were too drab (except for Rami) and the warmer month's colors were too washed out. What were they thinking?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This season is lacking. It is not just Tim. Heidi is the glue and I personally adore Nina and Michael. I am always stumped when I hear posters who dislike them. I just don't get it. I leap to think that every board has trolls who just LOVE to hate and think that is cool. Anyone else?
    I can do without Nina but I really miss Tim, Heidi and Michael
    Uncle David likes this.

Am I the only one who does not see ANY resemblance between Michael and Jerell's looks? I feel this everything I heard/saw on the show was just for TV and cause this season has no villain.

Lets compare...
    • Michael has homogenous medium size defined pattern fabric, Jerell's has small and large patterns has more than 1 kind.
    • Michael's patterns are simple left to right, Jerell's are diagonal in addition.
    • Michael's has warm dark colors, whereas Jerrell is more stark black and white
    • Micheal's invokes horizontal silhouette due to the belt, back detail, and jacket cut, whereas Jerell's is vertical: the coat being 2 straight lines, with the vertical row of buttons inbetween
    • Micheal's has more structure/shape on the back, Jerell's is more "plain".

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Am I the only one who does not see ANY resemblance between Michael and Jerell's looks? I feel this everything I heard/saw on the show was just for TV and cause this season has no villain.

Lets compare...
    • Michael has homogenous medium size defined pattern fabric, Jerell's has small and large patterns has more than 1 kind.
    • Michael's patterns are simple left to right, Jerell's are diagonal in addition.
    • Michael's has warm dark colors, whereas Jerrell is more stark black and white
    • Micheal's invokes horizontal silhouette due to the belt, back detail, and jacket cut, whereas Jerell's is vertical: the coat being 2 straight lines, with the vertical row of buttons inbetween
    • Micheal's has more structure/shape on the back, Jerell's is more "plain".
    : shrug : similar but different. inspired at best, not a true copy from the pics i saw. I liked Michael's much better.

And I am surprised but I did not like Mondo's from the pic. It made his model look thick and I did not like his styling. Looked like it was inspired by the designer who always had the retro looks. Rami's shirt was AWFUL. Austin's look was bland AND a minor mess. The only winner I disagree with is Jerell. She has no shape and it is way too boxy. Perhaps it looked much better on the runway and moving? The bag was also all wrong IMHO. Again, these comments are ONLY from the pictures.
    Last edited by Allie; 02-10-2012 at 10:54 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I can do without Nina but I really miss Tim, Heidi and Michael
    I can do without Nina or Michael...Nina has her nose stuck so far in the air its a wonder she doesn't drown as for Michael he thinks he is gods gift to fashion...and IMO he is farrrrrrr from it...but I do miss Heidi and Tim but Tim is doing other projects at the moment and Hedia is dealing with some serious personal issues and that maybe why they went with new judges this season....now in a way its good....all the all stars know what the regular judges want and now they get a different opinion...but I stilll don't agree with all their deciisions
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I loved Mondo's shorts. I covet them. I rarely covet a design on the Runway, but I could totally see myself wearing them. A couple of inches longer, they'd be perfection for a round of golf.

Kenley, aside from her cat-tossing tendency, needs to get gone. A onesie, for an adult woman? Who is this person wearing that? No adult woman is going to totally disrobe in a public bathroom to relieve herself. Or really anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Kenley, aside from her cat-tossing tendency, needs to get gone. A onesie, for an adult woman? Who is this person wearing that? No adult woman is going to totally disrobe in a public bathroom to relieve herself. Or really anywhere.
    You must be young enough to have avoided the jumpsuit trend in the 80's. I HATED using a public restroom while wearing one because, yeah, you pretty much had to undress completely.

While I would never wear Kenley's design, I thought it was fitted very well. Heck, I would never wear most of the designs on this show. I did like both Jerell's and Michael's this week. Probably because my rear end wouldn't be hanging out if I wore them!

Even though it was kind of plain, I liked Kara's too. It was well fitted and finished. I liked the draping on the back too. I thought it was very elegant. The pants did fit well, or at least better than some others we've seen where the model looks like she could be wearing Depends underneath. Still, she's not really showing her range, is she?
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread