+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 2/9 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I really thought Rami would make it to the final 4 at least but I guess at this point they are afraid to cut anymore girls since they only have a couple of ladies left but between Rami and Austin and not just looking at this week but overall I think Austin should have been the one to go home but as you said they seem to show some favoritism towards him...I don't really see it towards Mondo they were really hard on him this week
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    I really thought Rami would make it to the final 4 at least but I guess at this point they are afraid to cut anymore girls since they only have a couple of ladies left but between Rami and Austin and not just looking at this week but overall I think Austin should have been the one to go home but as you said they seem to show some favoritism towards him...I don't really see it towards Mondo they were really hard on him this week
    Interesting. I wonder if they are going to edit to be hard on the ones they like at times so as to not make it really obvious. thanks for the input, all of you, on this night's episode.

It seems like they want a Lifetime-era designer to win this thing.

I'm dumbfounded at how they fawned over Kenley's boring polka-dot onesie. It was children's wear for corn sake. Mondo's look kicked her look's butt.

And Rami's was a little disjointed, and Austin's was too Barbie/preppie, but I can't believe Kara skated by for making the plainest pieces I've ever seen on this show. Urgggghhhhhh...
    Endit and Little Sew&Sew like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think this is not the first time Michael C. has been accused of copying someone. On his season I believe something like this also happened.

I can't stand him (MC) because he's always playing the victim. He also does not have a point of view that you can see "that's Michael C." like say Mond, Rami, Mila, and even Kenly. He seems to just do random stuff and get lucky.

I hate it when the judges back themselves into a corner like they did tonight by making one of the 2 be in the bottom and one in the top. What if both 'Summers" were fabulous and both "Autumns" sucked? It's forcing people into the bottom that really shouldn't be there and putting people in the top that really shouldn't be their either. Nope, wasn't fond of this one and we lost a very good designer because of it and a few mediocre ones got to stay.

I was surprised Rami left over Austin. I guess sometimes the judges decisions just don't make sense after all the comments they make and then it seems as if they reverse themselves as to which person gets voted off.

Still this was not the best challenge. I must say I loved Jerrell's coat I hate his cattiness and how he made it such an issue. Get over yourself and make your stuff better, duh. He moaned so much about it that it almost was as if Michael C gave Jerrell the figurative finger by refusing to change what he was doing. I think we also may see a friendship broken over this. Did it really need to be?
    Florimel and Babbred like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Three points:

1. The judges have caught the illness that Michael and Nina got the year Gretchen won over Mondo. I'm sorry, Kenley has made some nice outfits, but this was bad. Polka dots out of sync, a onesie, and honestly? - save the polka dots, I saw something a lot like this on a 2 year old in "The Tree of Life." Mondo's was better here - much more wearable, even if the top was a bit off. I had no problem with the shorts, save the legs would need to be a little longer for me to wear.

2. Rami's was OK, but I do agree the shirt looked like it was a mistake with that huge smooth panel against all the tiny runching. Out of the bottom two, his was the worst made in that area. Going by whole outfit though, Austin's I felt was weaker as the top was just... matronly IMHO. (I admit I'm not a fan of his, but this honestly just didn't look good IMHO - it made her look older.

3. The battle between Jerrell and Michael - I thought both were nice, but Jerrell's had more "color" even if in shades of grey, and to me felt more wintery because it had life with the colors. That said, I found his response to being the top scorer of the too a little too arrogant and cocky. Yes, Michael plays the victim, but there is no reason to act this way on his side either.

And I'm like those who say these head to head's are too mean. I'd rather them have to compete with each other but not literally a head to head until the final runway. Makes for better outfits too.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

OMG - my favorite 4 were in the bottom 4. I was hoping for a Mondo, Austin, Rami final 3. I absolutely cannot believe that Kenley's design was scored higher than Mondo's. I can't see anyone over 12 wearing Kenley's design. I liked Mondo's. I like Austin, but didn't like his designs this week. Kara's was boring, but it was very wearable. I liked Michael's better than Jerrell's, but not by much (it's the first time this season that I've liked a design of Jerrell). Mila's design was okay. Rami's jacket was amazing, but I agree that the blouse didn't work (both the design and the color).
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

the first shall be last....etc. The men took it on the chin this week after pretty much coasting through the women all season. I was shocked at the bottom two...could not figure how they would chose between them. Saying that, Rami's green top was so horrible, it should not have been part of the outfit. For the man who did nothing but drape his first time on the show, this was so poorly done.

I did not hate the other outfit...it looked sort of Palm Beach....well made, preppy and classic. I can't see how that is a BAD thing
    Babbred likes this.

I was having the thought while watching the show that it was Michael in his season accused of getting inspiration from his fellow designers. I'm glad to see that others remembered that as well. What does he think, that everyone can't tell exactly where his inspiration came from? I liked that the judges at least said you could see Jerrell in his design, not so much of Michael in his.

I liked Mondo's design over Kenley's. I don't know of anyone that would want to wear that, but they were all raving about it. His shorts didn't fit quite right though, which is weird for Mondo. That was probably due to his admitted confusion about which direction to go.

I liked Kara's outfit, it looked so comfortable (a kiss of death on a design show but Austin's was worse). Austin's pants were impeccably made, and likely what saved him. Rami's top was horrible. Of course he didn't originally open the jacket, once that happened I think it was all over. I rarely like anything Mila does. She does have her own point of view to be sure, but that obviously is not my aesthetic.

I never like head to head competition. Just have 2 people make a garment from each season and rate them the same as always.

Season 1 is the only one I haven't seen. Did they give them more time to make each project like they used to do? I wish they'd go back to that. I think it would have to make a difference in some of the designs we see each week.

+ Reply to Thread