+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: All Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Just like the Top Chef crew rode around on bikes scrounging for ingredients and kitchens this week, the PR All-Stars are scrounging for materials off the backs of passing strangers. Judging from the promos, there's the promise of a hunk in his undies.

Please keep all discussion in here until 10PM PT / 1AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: All Stars 2/2 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Anthony is hilarious!!! Taking that gorgeous man's shorts off leaving him pitching a tent in his undies!
    dzigner, Shoepie and Lizard like this.

Oh No!!!! Anthony goes home

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I don't understand it. Week after week, Jerell pukes out utter crap and he's still there. Anthony's was at least wearable and a person could leave the house without everyone suspecting they'd suddenly taken up hallucinogenic drugs.
    mom2, dzigner, Shoepie and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I don't understand it. Week after week, Jerell pukes out utter crap and he's still there. Anthony's was at least wearable and a person could leave the house without everyone suspecting they'd suddenly taken up hallucinogenic drugs.
    Thank you! I really wonder why he is still there.

I adore Anthony and think he's improved in his work.

That said - his problem was that a majority of the material was NOT from off the street, a key part of the challenge. His was more Mood, which showed given he was able to help out Kara a bit more than the others.

That honestly is what I feel is the reason, because his outfit was much better than Michael's, which was poorly made in the bustier and just looked bad overall.

Speaking of Kara, her outfit was much improved this week.

And Mondo finally wins a challenge. And, he was deserving this time because he designed something that was modest but could be risque (the bikini underneath), and even better - unlike Rami's Miss Piggy outfit - his lines and patterns matched up perfectly. I didn't see an uneven pattern.

Rami's was nice, but the hat did kill it.

Austin's ... meh actually. I felt it was a bit costumey, but better than a couple of his other outfits. I am wondering honestly if they're trying to go for a Rami, Austin and Mondo final three - the three people I read as being the ones who should've won their seasons but lost over average designers (bear in mind, I did not see Rami's or Austin's seasons, but I have read comments in the past that people saying this).

Oh, and did anyone else feel that Mila actually copied her design from the first challenge except it was mostly black and the leggings were at least all solid/opaque?

Jerrell...seriously??? I wish they had said "Jerell...your outfit was the WORST and if Anthony had followed the rules, you would be going home...." but they didn't- in face Georgina actually LIKED part of it. Really? It looked like Mood threw up on that poor model (and missed half of her)!

I was hoping to see the muses there at the runway show to see what had become of their designs and to give feedback as to what they thought...then after the show was over I decided it was probably better as some of the muses may have been mortified to see what became of their items. I think Austin's young lady would have liked what he created, but none of the others seemed to look anything like something their muse might wear judging from the original. I guess I didn't understand the challenge very well. I thought a 'modern/updated' look from the clothes they 'borrowed' in the same sort-of style was the challenge, but I guess not.

ETA: Does Mila suck on lemons for breakfast or something? Does that woman ever smile? I had to laugh when Anthony said she 'developed a personality' when she had to go begging in Central Park- he was so right about that!
    jucamer and Babbred like this.

After watching the show, Anthony deserved to go home because he didn't follow the basic rule. Now had he followed it, Michael would be gone. Michael knew that. You could tell. I HATED Jerrell's but it was constructed better than Michael's. Glad Mondo won. Mila. I WISH she could design something different. Her stuff just looks the same. Boring. Now if I saw one of her pieces I would like it. But over and over again. Meh. Did not like the dress, that was Kenley's right?

Wanting, though, for Jerrell to go home next. Just do not like his style on the show.

Agree with what people are saying. Regarding all the different outfits. Mondo's looked good. My problem with his stuff is that it is for a twelve year old. He also looks like a soaked cat, so serious and intense. He needs to loosen up.

The girls are so thin. That is what stood out to me. I would like to look like them. Santa can I please look like them?
    You can do it!

I think I'm in the minority, but I didn't like Mondo's at all. It looked like a costume to me. I wouldn't be caught dead in that outfit. Too many weird cut-outs and patterns that didn't go together.

I LOVED Rami's design. Even with the hat, I thought it was better than Mondo's. It was beautifully made too.

Anthony I'm really going to miss him. Why couldn't he have listened to the directions!? I loved that outfit but I can see why he got eliminated. It's a shame though, because his was so much better, as a design, that many of the others.

Since when does Kara go to Kenley for help? It's a world gone crazy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast