+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

  1. #1
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,647

    All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    From the ridiculous (Miss Piggy) to the sublime -- Diane von Furstenberg returns! Will Kenley cry again upon seeing her?

    Please keep all discussion in here until 10PM PT / 1AM ET.

    Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  2. #2
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,647

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    OK first of all -- at 6 hours, this isn't the fastest challenge in PR history.

    In season 1, the designers were only given 5 hours to make their swimsuits for the Richard Johnson party. What a perv he was...

    I'm surprised Austin didn't say anything, seeing as he won that challenge all those years ago!
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 01-26-2012 at 10:36 PM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  3. #3
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    17,647

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Another caftan, another win for Michael. But then I guess it's smarter to make a well-draped caftan in 6 hours than a badly-sewn tailored look.

    I thought Kara was going for sure, she's looked like a deer in the headlights all season. But then so has April, so I wasn't surprised she went instead. But Kara's an auf waiting to happen as well...she just hasn't been able to get in the groove this season. Pity.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

  4. #4
    Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    On the edge
    Posts
    6,319

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Just caught the first episode that re-aired before this one. Not happy with the loss of Heidi and Tim. I noticed that Heidi was not listed as an executive producer. How did she lose the show?

    The problem with an All Star show is that I already dislike some of the contestants from prior appearances. I would much prefer to start fresh each season of any reality tv show. (The only exception was Top Chef All Stars that gave Richard Blaze a chance to redeem himself) Oh well! I'll hang in there for awhile if for no other reason than Mondo.

    ETA: Oops! I see I'm now watching 'A Night at the Opera'. 4 episodes in one night. This season will be over in no time.
    Last edited by Uncle David; 01-26-2012 at 10:27 PM. Reason: New information
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

  5. #5
    FORT Fogey jucamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4,688

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    OMG - is Kara related to one of the producers? She is god awful - that was one of the worst dresses ever. No way April should have gone home before her

  6. #6
    FORT Fogey navybelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,462

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Michael wins again? What's going on? I didn't think I could agree with the decisions LESS than on regular PR. That shiny pink thing was horrible. The woman looked huge wearing it, and I thought it was going to be in the bottom for sure, with the maternity dress.

  7. #7
    Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,978

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    I think Michael and Nina left their crack pipes around for Isaac and Georgina and they've been using them. Michael's dress looked like a robe that an aged starlet would wear around the actor's guild home whilst in her 80s. Mondo was too literal on the cantaloupe and I really don't know anyone who wants a caftan, unless they're married to a man named Stanley Roper. Actually most of the dresses were misses, but they only had 6 hours, so it's a pass. It pains me to say this, but Kenley's was actually okay by me. It's totally what she's done before, a bit too twee, but it seemed to fit really well and was appropriate for her inspiration. And dear lord, April's only 22? She needs to do something with that hair because it adds 10 years in not a good way.
    ClosetRTWatcher and Babbred like this.

  8. #8
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,137

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Another caftan, another win for Michael. But then I guess it's smarter to make a well-draped caftan in 6 hours than a badly-sewn tailored look.

    I thought Kara was going for sure, she's looked like a deer in the headlights all season. But then so has April, so I wasn't surprised she went instead. But Kara's an auf waiting to happen as well...she just hasn't been able to get in the groove this season. Pity.
    April has been in the bottom two a couple of times and never top three. Kara wasn't in the bottom two yet and at least top three once. That is what saved Kara as did having fewer mistakes. Having a pregnancy type dress is still better than a dress that is too short in the back and overstyling. That's why IMHO April was auf'ed.

    As far as the top three - Issac I think got his way because Mondo's I felt was more wearable at a show - even in other colors (which probably would've been edited into) than Michael's. Mondo's also could be cropped just a bit shorter (which is where I think he might've needed to do to win) and still look like an elegant kimono. I didn't get caftan with his over Michael's.

    That said, I loved Michael's back of his dress. It was daring and elegant.

    I was pleasantly surprised with Mila's because the layers added interest (even if Issac seems to think it was too distracting).

    Liked Jerrell's - his actually didn't look like it was made in six hours but longer.

    My understanding was that the outfits must be completely sewn, therefore I felt Austin should've been in the bottom along with Anthony, who I also think used the glue.

    Rami's - like him, but this was bad, at least on the top. Same with Anthony's dress. He tried the origami look that won him that one challenge, but it was too forced and it didn't work.

    BTW - as much as I adored Gordana's outfits for the most part and felt she has improved... she would've gone crazy with this challenge with the time constraints.

  9. #9
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    16,072

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    April has been in the bottom two a couple of times and never top three. Kara wasn't in the bottom two yet and at least top three once. That is what saved Kara as did having fewer mistakes. Having a pregnancy type dress is still better than a dress that is too short in the back and overstyling. That's why IMHO April was auf'ed.

    As far as the top three - Issac I think got his way because Mondo's I felt was more wearable at a show - even in other colors (which probably would've been edited into) than Michael's. Mondo's also could be cropped just a bit shorter (which is where I think he might've needed to do to win) and still look like an elegant kimono. I didn't get caftan with his over Michael's.

    That said, I loved Michael's back of his dress. It was daring and elegant.

    I was pleasantly surprised with Mila's because the layers added interest (even if Issac seems to think it was too distracting).

    Liked Jerrell's - his actually didn't look like it was made in six hours but longer.

    My understanding was that the outfits must be completely sewn, therefore I felt Austin should've been in the bottom along with Anthony, who I also think used the glue.


    Rami's - like him, but this was bad, at least on the top. Same with Anthony's dress. He tried the origami look that won him that one challenge, but it was too forced and it didn't work.

    BTW - as much as I adored Gordana's outfits for the most part and felt she has improved... she would've gone crazy with this challenge with the time constraints.
    All the designers from season 1 onward have used glue at one point or another. I think even Tim Gunn commented that last season was one which had the most glue used ever.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

  10. #10
    FORT Fogey Babbred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow...
    Posts
    2,881

    Re: All Stars 1/26 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I think Michael and Nina left their crack pipes around for Isaac and Georgina and they've been using them. Michael's dress looked like a robe that an aged starlet would wear around the actor's guild home whilst in her 80s. Mondo was too literal on the cantaloupe and I really don't know anyone who wants a caftan, unless they're married to a man named Stanley Roper. Actually most of the dresses were misses, but they only had 6 hours, so it's a pass. It pains me to say this, but Kenley's was actually okay by me. It's totally what she's done before, a bit too twee, but it seemed to fit really well and was appropriate for her inspiration. And dear lord, April's only 22? She needs to do something with that hair because it adds 10 years in not a good way.

    I love Michael, but I have to agree with you and say I didn't like this dress, either. The color was lovely, and so was the back, but from the front it just looked like an elegant but oversized robe. I was simply not a fan of Mondo's colors. I know he didn't have a choice, but that's just my personal thing. So I actually would have picked Kenley's dress for my winner. I liked the colors and the way she layered them in a graphic way.

    Poor April. That hair of hers reminds of me of an elf from Lord of the Rings. Totally does nothing for her.

    I loved your comments about the Ropers. I snorted with laughter when I read it.

    I forgot to comment about last week's episode, so let me quickly say that I loved Miss Piggy! I also didn't think that Michael should have won that challenge, either. His dress was lovely, but I just could not see the Divine Ms. P wearing it. I liked Rami's (?) polka dots the best.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

    Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.