+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

OMG MISS PIGGY!!!!1

Not much more to say. Somehow I don't know if this will be as magical as when Elmo and Cookie Monster showed up on Top Chef All-Stars last year.

Please keep all discussion in here until 10PM PT / 1AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    OMG MISS PIGGY!!!!1

Not much more to say. Somehow I don't know if this will be as magical as when Elmo and Cookie Monster showed up on Top Chef All-Stars last year.

Please keep all discussion in here until 10PM PT / 1AM ET.

Enjoy the show!
    well..they couldn't have picked a pickier or more opinionated star to design for...and I hope they consider that if it doesn't turn Kermy on they can kiss it goodbye

also don't have to worry about a person having some tact and not saying what they really feel..lmao..cause Ms. Piggy will let them have it with both barrells wide open and pull no punches
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 01-19-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery View Post
    well..they couldn't have picked a pickier or more opinionated star to design for...and I hope they consider that if it doesn't turn Kermy on they can kiss it goodbye

also don't have to worry about a person having some tact and not saying what they really feel..lmao..cause Ms. Piggy will let them have it with both barrells wide open and pull no punches
    She's like Anthony Bourdain in a dress!
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I can't get over the way they keep talking about her like she is a real person..lmao..I grew up on the muppets too..shoot I remember the muppet show that used to come on on Friday nights every week...ooops showing my age for sure...but they better keep in mind it better be loose enough to move in case she wants to lay one of her famous karate chops on someone...lol

well guess we know who has watched too many shows about the muppets..lol I called both of them..Something for Kermy and the karate chop..ohhh I am sooooooo embarrased
    Last edited by ButterflyFaery; 01-19-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

She karate-chopped that pretentious dandy from Gossip Girl during the judging.

Michael C wins one! And it's bye-bye to Gordana with a J. Mila was in the Bottom 2, but I thought she would go home for sure because she was given the lion's share of the voice-overs this episode. Oh well...

I'll have to watch the rerun to see all the looks, I kept getting interrupted.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I liked all the outfits except for Austin's quite honestly - his looked like it was from "Pigs in Space" with bows. Kinda bad when you can put it in the "Muppet Show" honestly - dated and would've looked bad on Miss Piggy with the bows on the hips.

Gordana's wasn't bad, but Miss Piggy has worn something similar, even if she says it isn't her. She had at least some sort of dressing gown type outfit similar to this. Sad to see her go - as she has made some beautiful outfits since the show, but I can understand here.

Mila's actually was young and youthful - but she has GOT to get out of the black shades. Miss Piggy would've been OK in this outfit, but it wasn't quite her.

Mondo's again was nice... but it was missing an extra punch I think here. Even a slightly fluffier skirt would've been better. I did however love how he notched the edges of the dress.

Michael versus Rami - I was surprised - pleasantly mind you - Michael won. Really for Miss Piggy what needs to be changed is gloves to pink to stand out. That said, she would look lovely in that outfit even in the black shades.

Not that I didn't love Rami's either - it screamed "Miss Piggy" and I'm glad her dressing down illusion in the commercials was actually a compliment (I did however nail it that it was his outfit that got the critique).

Kenley's - I'm sorry, but it was bad, and the top is NOT for Miss Piggy's figure. Was disappointed that she and not Mondo was in the top three (I think Mondo rounded out the top four looks here).

April's was a pleasant surprise; however I sadly think her bottom two appearance last week using red now discouraged her to use color. I think that dress would've been better in a blue or purple.

Anthony's - again a Miss Piggy look, but the black dress with dark purple feathers just was a little out of place. I think had he done it in some other color with the feathers it'd worked better.

Honestly I can't remember Kara's dress, so that isn't good.

Again, a strong episode, and next week's looks to be interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if almost all of them are dresses with the challenge.

It seems like Kenley is taking each challenge as an excuse to design an outfit for herself. Her dress was totally wrong for La Pig.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm just going to fully embrace my inner Debbie Downer and say I did not like this episode. Somehow the Muppet angle worked better on Top Chef but for Project Runway, eh, just doesn't work for me. It could be that I just flat-out hated the Segal Muppet movie (I found it terribly depressing and not the Muppets of my youth), or it could be that there wasn't the wink/nod of the contestants like on TC regarding the Muppet aspect, or it could be that I didn't like a single design. And then it could be I'm now, a mere few episodes in, tired and annoyed with Angela's tortured diction, Joanna not being Tim, and Georgina being so, so desperately bland. I actually missed Issac. That's not a good sign. I'm going to try to hang with this show because I want to see how Austin, Mondo, and Rami do, and maybe Michael and Anthony, but the rest of the cast doesn't interest me. Especially not the cat-thrower. I don't even know how she got back on.

I like this episode, as I have all of them so far.
    Was terribly disappointed in Austin's dress...didn't look like his typical style and was not good at all...for anyone, not just Miss Piggy.
    I liked having Miss Piggy..thought it was great that they had someone who could really speak her mind, rather than being tactful.
    Some were great and others were awful...actually, none really made me really love them because I just don't see Miss Piggy wearing black. Rami's was great but looked a little too much like a Flamenco dancer's dress. Mondo's was very well made but lacked the Mondo-punch he usually has. April can't break the habit of black...even with the last episode, she had to dye the bottom black. Gordana's looked like a nightie from the '50's, which was cute but not right for the rules here.
    Anyway, just too much black for my taste. I really dislike Kenly but the top of the dress was odd but I liked the bottom and the tulle "hat."
    I didn't think any were great/nor right for Miss Piggy but I'm not unhappy with the judging.
    I miss Tim sooooo much but at least, when I watch this season, it seems more like the old Project Runway, which I have missed a lot. It just hasn't been that much fun as it used to be.

Love Austin, I do.

But I'd like somebody to clue me in as to just where in the hell his head was when he designed that dress for Piggy.

Smart as he is, who in the heck did he think he was designing for, 'cause THAT dress in no way whatsoever read "The Grande Dame of Pigdom".

Bless his heart, I'm glad he survived, but I've gotta admit, I was holding my breath until they said he was safe.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast