+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I watched a bunch of episodes from season 1 recently and it reminded me that I didn't like Austin back then either. There's something very artificial about him - like he's playing a character instead of being genuine. It all feels like affectation to me.
    I've found that my crush on Rami has been renewed I thought his dress this week should have won. You could have shown me a picture of that dress and I would have known who it was designed for.
    I'm watching the same mini-marathon...BIG THANK YOU to Style Network. I took notice that in the beginning when Heidi 'aufed' someone, she shook their hand & not the air kissed cheek although midway through the series she did start the smooch. Now I remember why I detested Wendy Pepper so much. Still can not figure out why Jay won that series. I guess it all came down to Kara Saun & her Dollhouse shoes. Jay is still making the same clothes 8 years later. Went to his trunk show this fall. I didn't try anything on much less buy something.

Please TPTB...keep Rami on all series long...sigh

Side note...sorry to hear about Heidi & Seal's break-up.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Side note...sorry to hear about Heidi & Seal's break-up.
    That took me completely by surprise! Heidi has been pregnant pretty much constantly since they got married so I figured that meant things were going well. I guess the sex was the only thing that was good. Such a shame. They seemed like a happy couple.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about Miss Piggy, let alone any of the Muppets, at all!? I just don't get what they all see in it. So this challenge was a bit of "..." for me.

That being said, I loved the range in the designs. Really saw quite a gamut of things.

Pissed that Gordana had to go, she should have stayed a lot longer. And Kenley... her designs remind me of something a retro Nicki Minaj would wear. Maybe it's the fact she has a black model, but I don't know.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I liked the Muppets when I was a kid. I remember watching The Muppet Show with my parents. Fozzie Bear was one of my favorite muppets then (I'm not sure why now). My dad's favorite were the two old men. I got a Miss Piggy doll for Christmas one year. I'm not sure what happened to it. It probably got left behind one of the times when we moved.

I'm not a Miss Piggy fan by any means. I'm just glad they got regular materials to work with. I'm not real fond of the unconventional materials challenges, where they have to make dresses with dog leashes and lettuce.

I'm also not fond of the rush-rush challenges so I already have misgivings about this week's episode. It's supposed to be the fastest challenge ever. What's the point??? I'd rather the designers be given ample time to produce quality work. TV has this magical thing called editing where although a challenge may actually span 72 hours, they can cut what's shown down to 1 hour. It's amazing! I wish the producers of Project Runway knew how to use it.

Michael won? I didn't get it, and actually don't understand his appeal at all - there are so many times I think he should be in the bottom. Kenley got ripped - that would've been pretty on Piggy and the bodice comments were unfounded because, well, she's a puppet and there's nothing to pop out - pinning and/or tape would work well anyway!
    Shoepie likes this.

After looking back at the pics I think Rami and Kenley's dresses were the best for Ms. Piggy. They were both flirty, girly, colorful, and better suited for her body.

It had to have been hard to design for a pig....and a fake one at that. Can't wait until we see designs for people with regular normal material. I also hope there will be more than just dresses made and a challenge or two for the everyday women/man.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Michael won? I didn't get it, and actually don't understand his appeal at all - there are so many times I think he should be in the bottom. Kenley got ripped - that would've been pretty on Piggy and the bodice comments were unfounded because, well, she's a puppet and there's nothing to pop out - pinning and/or tape would work well anyway!
    Spot on observation.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345