+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I fully believe they were told be be excited about Miss Piggy as their client. Their raving did not seem genuine. That said, it would be good press. Rami's dress was perfect for her. Muppets are for kids and Michael's dress was way too adult for her.

For me this show is lacking without Heidi, Tim, Michael and Nina. I like them all but Tim and Heidi can carry a show with different judges. They are the backbone.

I thought that Rami nailed it. I love, love, love Austin, but I thought his design was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Now that I have seen the photos I can add Jerrell's and Mondo's dresses to the "must have been smoking crack" pile when they thought those two up.

I agree both were pretty bad. What happened to Jerrell - all of his designs so far have been awful!!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I agree both were pretty bad. What happened to Jerrell - all of his designs so far have been awful!!
    The shoulders looked too big and slipping off the model and the bust was horrid. Even if it was fitted properly I didn't like that combination of black lace and red fabric. Seriously, the bottom two dresses were Jerrell's and Austin's. Just Yuck.
    dzigner likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Austin was wayyyyyyy off this week too....for those that have said this whole season is a set up for Mondo he sure can't send any more crap like that down the runway and expect to win...I would like the final 4 to be Austin, Michael, Mondo and Rami IMO these four are the best I know I didn't name any women but I just haven't been as impressed by them this season as I have by the others
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Austin Scarlett - Muppet Screen Test Music Video - YouTube

Austin was inspired by meeting Miss Piggy. There are simply no words...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

No, there aren't; except gorgeous. I loved the Dorothy reference as well.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Austin Scarlett - Muppet Screen Test Music Video - YouTube

Austin was inspired by meeting Miss Piggy. There are simply no words...
    I watched a bunch of episodes from season 1 recently and it reminded me that I didn't like Austin back then either. There's something very artificial about him - like he's playing a character instead of being genuine. It all feels like affectation to me. I didn't feel that way about Christian and you could hardly find someone more theatrical....maybe it's that I thought he was a better designer, so I didn't care

I HAAATED that Miss Piggy dress. Steel grey and magenta? WTF? It was horrid. He should have gone home. It wasn't right for Miss Piggy or for any human woman.

I'm think it should be Michael, Rami and maybe Mondo at the end, although I really haven't been very impressed with Mondo's work this season either.

I've found that my crush on Rami has been renewed I thought his dress this week should have won. You could have shown me a picture of that dress and I would have known who it was designed for.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

For me. the only thing about Rami's is that I feel like I've already seen Miss Piggy in that dress, more than once. Also, I think where a lot of people thought Gordana's and Kenley's choice of pink was bad, Rami escaped comment for choosing pink AND polka dots. If the show wants us to play the game of talking about Miss Piggy like she's real, then I'd say the look is way too young for her.

I think Michael was the right choice because he really listened to the challenge. The dress wouldn't be a winner in a different challenge, but for this one I don't think the make is as important. Even though he played the game of pretending to design for some real woman named Piggy, he actually designed a costume that would look good on a stocky foam puppet with huge ears.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I noticed this - looking at the designs as stills, several of these designers literally designed their gear as Muppet Dress outfits (any Muppet):

Mondo, Austin, Gordana, to a point Rami's and Kenley's. I've seen similar shapes or color schemes in these outfits.

The one that seemed to be most literal to something worn by Miss Piggy was Austin's - because it SCREAMS IMHO inspired by "Pigs in Space" but with bad color schemes.

I know I've seen a simliar shaped dress as Mondo's on some Muppet somewhere, just not the same colors.

Gordana's is reminiscent of one of Miss Piggy's dressing gowns.

Rami I agree made a dress similar to something Miss Piggy's worn, maybe a "GWTW" inspired dress.

Still, out of all of them - Austin's you could've put her in and thrown her in "Pigs in Space" and none of them would've been the wiser. Even Statler and Waldorf couldn't have commented about her being out of place, and they're know for catching the obvious issues in those sketches.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast