+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: All Stars 1/19 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I think I got more nostalgia looking at what you wrote about the kippers than my trying to twice watch was on dvr but falling to sleep. They needed a real person to design for. Having said that I can remember Ms. Piggybeing the most glamorous of the muppets. And I wanted that frog to fall in love with her.

My least favorite this episode was Mila. But I have found her designs striking. And I would think they would be comforting to wear. And we should all embrace what comforts us.

I guess I would have worn the longer ones. I liked all of them. The pinks did not read too well on tv. But in person I might gravitatedto it. It's a feminine and childlike color all in one.
    You can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'm going to try to hang with this show because I want to see how Austin, Mondo, and Rami do, and maybe Michael and Anthony, but the rest of the cast doesn't interest me. Especially not the cat-thrower. I don't even know how she got back on.
    OK...I MUST know who/what is a cat-thrower?! It certainly doesn't sound like a good thing!

Count me in as one who also found it a touch odd how the designers went on and on about designing for Miss. Piggy like she is a real person. It was a bit bizarre. I grew up with the Muppets, so it's nice to see them making a comeback now that I have kids.

Austin's dress was aweful- which was disappointing as I was expecting him to knock it out of the park.
    I liked Micheal's dress, but I think it should have been a bit brighter and maybe with a fuller skirt.
    April's was cute, but as someone else said- a color may have given it more wow factor.
    Anthony appeared to be designing for the street again- too tight and too short and the feathers were too much.
    I liked Kenley's dress- the top needed a bit of reworking as the bra cups were too far apart. The only person with boobs that I think could wear that without issue would be Tori Spelling (no offense to Tori, but her boobs have about the same amount of space between them as that dress did). Unlike most posters here, I really don't mind Kenley. I can see how she may be annoying to some, but I kind-of like her 50's retro style.
    Rami's dress was a risk, but I thought it came out very nice.
    Kara's dress was just kind-of meh.
    Mondo's dress needed something else- lower neckline maybe- not sure, but something.
    I like Gordana's dress, but it looked like a nightgown as Joanna said and not worthy of a cocktail party.
    Mila's dress was very Mila. It seemed constructed very well and had that Austin Power's vibe going on. That being said I think she should have been the one to go as she didn't follow the assignment and designed for herself and not her client.

FORT Fan

I would have liked to see Kenley's dress, with a better top, in Rami's fabric.
    Trust Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Count me in as one who also found it a touch odd how the designers went on and on about designing for Miss. Piggy like she is a real person. It was a bit bizarre. I grew up with the Muppets, so it's nice to see them making a comeback now that I have kids.
    I thought about this and this is what I came up with:

Miss Piggy is an internationally known character, similar to some of her human counterparts. People in other countries would recognize her as well, so I can see why the designers would be excited.

Plus -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    for the few kids who may still be up watching the show it continues the realism of the character and not being a puppet.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

MFWalkoff likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques:

I believe that Michael Kors was doing the voice and critiques for Miss Piggy. It sounded like stuff he would say and Iím sure he would jump at the chance to be Miss Piggy for a day. lol

Quite honestly, most of the fashions didnít look like something Miss Piggy would wear and I was disappointed that they used the models for the challenge. I was hoping they were going to give the designers measurements for the muppet and have her model their creations. I think they missed a great opportunity! They should have at least created a prototype of the winning design and shown Miss Piggy wearing it.

Anthony: This was a very nice dress, one of Anthonyís best creations, but it doesnít scream Miss Piggy. Itís actually a very Mondo-looking dress. Heís used prints like this a lot before.

April: I totally donít get April and donít understand why she was asked to be on All-Stars. She talks and designs like the living dead. This outfit isnít bad compared to her usual work but I still donít care for it. Thereís too much going on and none of it works together. Iíll be so happy when sheís sent home.

Austin: This is what happens when you hang out with Santino Rice for too long. Austinís dress looks a lot like the German haus-slut look that Santino made in season 2 of Project Runway. I didnít mind the bows as much as the judges did but I didnít like the color scheme. The gray and raspberry didnít complement each other well and just overall the look was too dreary for Miss Piggy, whoís such a vibrant personality. I donít think this belonged in the bottom three, though!

Gordana: If Miss Piggy had been asking the designers to make her lingerie for her boudoir, Gordana would have been on the money but this is not a high-fashion, red carpet look. Itís too old-fashioned looking for my taste. I can practically smell the old-lady perfume (like sour daisies) wafting from it just looking at the picture.

Jerell: I think Jerell is having a mid-Project Runway crisis. He used to design good stuff but he has lost his way. The fit of the dress is not good and it seems to be mismatched, like he couldnít decide whether to make a black lacy gown or a pink bedazzled gown so he did half of each. The lacy back is unfortunate because it makes the model look like she has a hairy back. That is not sexy to me.

Kara: When I saw this on the runway, I thought it was a neat outfit but not Miss Piggy. It makes me think of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.

Kenley: Kenleyís dresses pretty often have the same silhouette. Iíd like to see her do something totally different for a change. I hated the bodice of this dress. It made the modelís boobs look square. The large wadded-up kleenex on the modelís head didnít help, either.

Michael: Iím stunned that this outfit won, particularly after the way the judges oohíd and aahís over Ramiís outfit (which really should have won). I thought this dress was too short and I didnít like the vertical orientation of the bow. The fabric pattern looks like someone threw up confetti on the model.

Mila: This is not by any means something that Miss Piggy would wear. This is what her teenaged Goth daughter would wear. Mila seems unable to design for a theme. Both she and Gordana (heck, letís throw Kenley in there, too!) tend to create whatever they want, regardless of what the theme is for the week. I think they lack the creativity to step out of their box and do something out of their comfort zone.

Mondo: I think this is the worst Mondo creation Iíve ever seen. I donít always like what Mondo makes but usually even when his outfit isnít something that appeals to my taste, I can at least appreciate his vision and see what message he is trying to convey. I donít get what he was trying to say here. Miss Piggy is a madam at a whorehouse in Chinatown? Miss Piggy likes Chinese food? Miss Piggy dreams of being a Pan Am stewardess in Beijing? You lost me, Mondo. I donít like the shape of the outfit or the pattern and I really hate the styling of the modelís hair! The whole thing is atrocious.

Rami: This was the only outfit I saw this week that made me think Miss Piggy. I was absolutely sure that Rami was going to be the winner and was floored when the judges gave it to Michael instead. The only reason I can think of why they didnít choose this look for the win is maybe Miss Piggy already owns a dress like this. I donít remember Rami too well from the season he was on before. He just didnít make an impression on me then. Heís making an impression now and is a strong contender for the winner of Project Runway All-Stars. Heís really bringing his A-game!
    Endit likes this.

FORT Fogey

Looking at the posted pictures ( thanks so much for doing that every week), I was surprised at how much black and how many other too dark colors there were for this design. I was disapppointed that M's design was not shown to us by the end of the show worn by Miss P.

I'm happy to post the pictures every week! It's fun to put them together and it's easier to critique the fashions when you have pictures to reference. Last night I checked the Project Runway website before going to bed and was pleasantly surprised to find the pictures from this episode already up so I was able to copy them at home (my computer there is so much faster than my one at work) and finish resizing them this morning.

Project Runway and So You Think You Can Dance are my favorite reality shows to discuss. There's always so much to talk about!

It does seem like all of the designers chose black and/or pink for this challenge. I'm surprised there wasn't more variety in color.
    Bunny555 likes this.

I am really surprised that Rami did not win. I really didn't like Michael's winning look at all. And I usually like him. If Austin's dress had been designed by any one of them other than Austin, that person would have gone. that thing was awful! I guess they think he is more of an "all star" than Gordana.

FORT Fogey

Austin was such a disappointment. From the colors to overworking the badly chosen fabric...(I mean did we really need all those squares made out of the material.).... and the hanging bows, he made every mistake a novice would make. There was nothing about that dress that would make you think this was a highly talented and experienced designer. I agree if it was anybody else, that dress would have been the good-bye dress.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast