+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: All Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: All Stars 1/12 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Interesting that all 6 men have had their moment in the sun these past two weeks. The three that were not in the top three last week all did it this week.

I guess Sweet Pea was a fan favoirite, but I can see why she left design for make up. She was terribly out classed on this show. She held her own to a degree on her original cycle and there were some great designers then. I don't recall her on the other all-star show so her stuff could not have been as bad as what she put out this cycle.

LOVING the all stars season

Austin--Most fabulous heart. I remember from season one where he would take the fall before hurting anyone else on his team (before Wendy). That heart of his is golden and eternal. One must be born that way. Yep. I know you wanted to hear about clothing comments. But that is what I am first struck to say. So I am going to say it.

Austin--agree with his win. Kudos to you Austin.

Michael--I have been watching Once Upon a Time. And I see there is another Snow White movie with Charleze Theron about to be released. I just think about the wicked queen squishing the huntsman's heart. I did not like it.

Rami--the color was weird. But I love Rami....super talent

Jerell--glad they left him alone. I was surprised he chose that silhouette. That takes guts. I'd wear it. But it might read maternity. Others might not like it.

Anthony--too dippy boobie

Sweat Pea--awesome makeup. I do not have a problem with them selecting her to go. Someone has to go.

Kenley's--Barbie-ish. But if someone wants to wear it, good for them. I do not think I could wear that in that fabric.
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions:

MFWalkoff likes this.

FORT Fogey

This show is Mondo's or Rami's to lose. Head and shoulders above the rest.
    french dip likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My critiques:

This was one of the best runway shows in a long time! Without some goofy theme, the designers were able to come up with stunning designs. Iím sure the judges had a difficult time choosing the top three. Personally, I would have chosen Mondoís white dress over Anthonyís because, as good as Anthonyís gown was, to me Mondoís was even better. More on that in the individual critiques below.

Anthony: Anthonyís dress is boobilicious! ÖBut in a classy way. I was very worried when he was explaining his sketches that the plunging neckline was going to make this dress trampy, per his usual style, but fortunately his model did not ride the Hoochie Express this week. I donít agree with the judges that his look was too heavily accessorized. It looks perfectly detailed to me without being too much. I love the black gloves and the black shoes. I would never have paired those with white but it really works and looks so sophisticated. Excellent work, Anthony!

April: Everything about this outfit and the styling is wrong. The poor model looks like sheís had the worst day of her life. A strong breeze messed her hair all to heck, she got knocked into a post which tore the left side of her dress, leaving the fabric hanging, and she stepped into a ginormous mud puddle, which is quickly soaking itís way up. I think if youíre going to have an asymmetrical garment, you need to keep the hairstyle symmetrical to balance it. Also, if youíre going to play with different hues, you need to do it on one section of the dress so that you donít have competing focal points. Even if the ombre hadnít been done and the execution had been right, I wouldnít have liked the style of the dress. The one shoulder is so large and then the other one is missing, and it doesnít look intentionally. There could have at least been some finishing hem along the cut edge to make it look like itís supposed to end where it does. Honestly, I donít know why this wasnít chosen as the dress with the lowest score. April should have gone home.

Austin: This was my favorite dress this week so I was thrilled that Austin won. It wasnít a runaway victory either. He had some stiff competition this week! I love the gold lame, the black tulle, and the intricacies of the gold neckline and waistline strips running horizontally and the tulle running vertically. I didnít understand what the judges were complaining about the tulle not being even. It wasnít apparent to me on the tv or in the pictures. The dress looks flawless to me!

Gordana: I noticed a lot of the contestants used similar styling this week. Kind of like ladies from 1920ís cigarette ads. Art deco, isnít it? Anyway, I liked this outfit better than most of what Iíve seen from Gordana. However, I donít like the bottom part of the dress. It looks like the model had on tight pants and they ripped down the leg when she sat down. I think Gordana should have used panels of the two colors for the skirt. That would have been more aesthetically pleasing.

Jerell: Iím glad Jerell loved his design because I sure didnít. Itís netting, meets chest fur, meets foliage, sort of like the model is a wild beast he caught in the forest. The black netting looks unfinished to me, like it needs seams on the edges to make it look complete. I donít like how the leafy fabric is encroaching on the black bundle of mess on her chest. It completely absorbs her waistline, making her look short and stocky. I really canít think of anything I like about this dress.

Kara: I am not a fan of dress with a ballooning bottom. They seem really popular in fashion and I noticed quite a few on last nightís show but I think they look horrendous! This definitely is not what I would picture someone wearing to the opera unless itís an outdoor opera (if they have such a thing). This makes me think of the dress Scarlett OíHara wore to the bbq in the opening of Gone With the Wind. Itís not quite as voluminous on the bottom and sheís missing the wide-brimmed hat but itís very similar.

Kenley: I really love what Kenley created here. Thereís a lot of structure going on to add interest to the design and just enough touches of a pattern. Iím getting in the mood for a kiwi strawberry smoothie looking at it.

Michael: My first impression on seeing this on the runway was that Michael would win this week. After more viewing, however, it seems like Iíve seen this look before. I think Laura Bennett might have done a dress with feathers like that at the neckline, and Laura Kathleen did one last season for the bird challenge (hers was the raven). So itís not exactly original but it is beautiful.

Mila: Milaís dress was very nice but compared to other designers, not as much of a showstopper. Perhaps if she had made two straps over the one shoulder, one going closer to the arm, it would have looked more interesting. Or maybe it needed some kind of eye-popping accessory, like an arm cuff or a cap with a short veil off to one side.

Mondo: I donít know why this wasnít chosen as one of the top three designs. Every part of this gown is exquisite! The swooped neckline and the line down the back are eye-catching, the sheath dress is beautifully proportioned, the print on the dress is so elegant and classic, and itís finished perfectly with the matching gloves. I love how the hair has a little pillow like the one on the back of the dress!

Rami: I didnít like Ramiís dress. I understood where he was going with the triangle pattern but it didnít work with this fabric and just makes the top of the dress look like a ruffled mess. I also didnít like how tight the wrap around the modelís arms is. It gives it a straight-jacket quality. A little bit looser and it would have been more relaxing.

Sweet P: I didnít like the print on her dress at all. The one judge was saying she should have done the whole dress in the same pattern as the bottom but I felt just the opposite. I would rather have seen the whole dress done in the top fabric! This is not a look for the opera. This is a dress to wear to the beach or to hang out at the pool. Still, it wasnít the worse look this week so Sweet P shouldnít have gone home.

FORT Newbie

this is who I saw wearing these dresses. Michael: Kim Kardasian, Austin: Charlize Theron, Anthony: Angeline Jolie

I disagreed with the guest judges about red and black not looking good together. I thought they were a classic look and personally I like pairing them. My bed spread is deep red with black filigree over it, similar to this:

It looks very Spanish to me.

FORT Fogey

I did not know that Sweet P had abandoned fashion for make up. Interesting and probably better for her. I like her but I do see that her designs are weak.

I don't care for red and black together either. It is the first color combination young boys choose for their bedroom or to outfit their van interior.

I have been without a computer for 3 weeks. I will accept all offerings of sympathy. It has been terrible! As I watched all the new shows air, posts were piling up in my mind and crashing against my finger tips.

I am disappointed that Heidi and her team opted out of this one. I didn't know this until I saw the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I did not know that Sweet P had abandoned fashion for make up. Interesting and probably better for her. I like her but I do see that her designs are weak.

I don't care for red and black together either. It is the first color combination young boys choose for their bedroom or to outfit their van interior.

I have been without a computer for 3 weeks. I will accept all offerings of sympathy. It has been terrible! As I watched all the new shows air, posts were piling up in my mind and crashing against my finger tips.

I am disappointed that Heidi and her team opted out of this one. I didn't know this until I saw the first episode.
    I think the only person anyone really misses is Tim Gunn
    Jezebella likes this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I loved Michael's dress and thought he should have won. It was much more wearable than Austin's, which seemed to show something lumpy around the models midsection (not a pantyline, but something ???)

Sweet Pea, Kara and Jerell's designs could have come off the maternity rack. My sister dressed her bridesmaids in something similar to Sweet Pea's fabric . . . back in 1976.

Camp Red and Black! I happen to like those two together.

I knew I'd be lonely with Tim Gunn, but I didn't think I would miss Heidi so much. This new model/spokesperson bores me to tears.
    jucamer likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast