+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Austin Scarlett - All Stars 2012

Re: Austin Scarlett - All Stars 2012

This read soccer Mom who dropped her kids off at practice & going to meet her friends for tea. This is most definately not a woman who would meet friends for drinks. I have or should I say I HAD this outfit & donated it to Goodwill.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I preferred Austin's design over Kara's mostly because of the pants. Those "bell bottoms" were ridiculously huge and I can't imagine going anywhere - outside the house - without getting them filthy. However, overall, Austin's look was very Stepford Wives for me. Either that or June Clever - maybe then she wouldn't have had to mop the floor wearing pearls and high heels!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    This read soccer Mom who dropped her kids off at practice & going to meet her friends for tea. This is most definately not a woman who would meet friends for drinks. I have or should I say I HAD this outfit & donated it to Goodwill.
    Long, long ago, I was a Soccer Mom, before we were known as Soccor Moms, and I never saw anyone as dressed up as this outfit. Maybe here in So Cal we're all a bunch of slobs cause no one wore more than sweats.
    I didn't like this outfit but it would be an improvement on what I saw on other mothers.
    I could see Nicole Kidman wearing it in that movie about Stepford Wives though. but for Austin, it was just not good.
    PS, PA Snow Bunny: I'm not critizing you here..just the slobs I live around....and I live in a nice area. Go figure. Must be California.
    redsox girl likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 7.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 8.

Episode 9.

Episode 10

FORT Fogey

I thought this should have been the winner

Austin's collection from the finale:

FORT Fogey

I was really pulling for Austin to win too. But listening to the judges talk about it, I could understand some of the points they made. For a collection, a few of Austin's pieces did stick out as not going with everything else. I think the wedding dress and the other gown he put in the show looked more like he had it in his head that he wanted to include them instead of his really thinking there was a place for them in his show. I have a feeling that Austin expected the finals to be like they normally are, where they'd be sent home and give a few months to come up with a collection. He had come up with the idea for the wedding dress already, and was planning a collection around it. Once he found out they'd only had a couple of days, he had to simplify the other pieces he made, but was so committed to the wedding dress that he tried to force it in instead of realizing it no longer made sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast