+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Kenley Collins - All Stars 2012

FORT Fogey

Re: Kenley Collins - All Stars 2012

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    It's very hard for me to critique Kenley because her style doesn't appeal to me at all. Her look is a bit retro with some modern elements thrown in once in a while. At times, I question the construction of her outfits because the bustline or waistline is often awkwardly done. Her outfits make me think of doll clothes. Kenley herself can get away with that look because she's cute and doll-like but it looks odd on the average woman on the street. My favorite look of hers so far was the dress from episode 2.
    I get what your are saying. Did you notice Michelle Williams on the red carpet? (My Life with Marilyn) She wore this syle, more than once. It is a trend now. I do not like this actress or her style. She is not edgy enough and really, she is weird.. That said I appreciate her (Kenley) vision. It is unique and something about her catches my heart.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 7.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

We had to LOL last night when Kenley said she loved Broadway and that she goes to shows all the time. I asked my daughter "I wonder what her favorite show is?" She picked up on where I was going right away and responded "Cats!"

Mondo is able to take two totally different prints and make them work. Uli could do it too. Kenley . . . . not so much!
    Allie likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

LOL! That is great! I totally see the 'Cats' feathers in her look!
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Episode 8.

I like Kenley's designs. I think she has a niche and could actually produce a line for the common woman. Do I think she should win PRAS?? No, because she doesn't stretch and only stays in her lane, so to speak. However, that doesn't mean she couldn't be successful one day.

Episode 9.

Episode 10

FORT Fogey

How can someone with some kind of design training and talent not see that you can't use a large print on a small dress becasue you can't match the seams

I thought the dress design was wonderful BUT the fabric choice was simply awful. I hated that pattern! Kenley made a huge error in choosing that fabric and in not listening to the designer who, obviously, wanted the keyhole opening on the front of the dress. The fact that she was close minded to suggestions was a huge part of the judges' decision to cut her, I believe. That said, I think Kenley's dress was far far better than that awful caftan Michael threw together.

I would have loved to have seen Kenley in the final three.

What the heck to the judges see in Austin's creations? UGH...

I'm rooting for Mondo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast