+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Project Runway All Stars Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Project Runway All Stars Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Is it me, or has Rami buffed up? He seemed broader in the chest & shoulders, like he's been working out.
    Not just you. I noticed it too.

I agreed with two of the top three . . . Mondo and Rami definitely belonged there. Jerrell's dress was beautiful, but not innovative.

Bottom three was right too. Surprised that it wasn't Sweet Pea who went home. She took what was basically already 'fabric' and made a very poorly constructed dress. Elisa's outfit was way out there, but then again, so is she.

Loved Michael's mop dress. April's was lacking in comparison.

Anthony's use of safety pins was creative. Wish it had gotten more attention.

Mila's outfit looked like it walked off the set of a Sci-Fi movie and Kenley's struck me as a flight attendant on some wacky airline.
    Last edited by Little Sew&Sew; 01-06-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    canuck likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

The first episode is always so depressing.

Even though Elisa's work wasn't as strong as the others, I didn't want her to go. She has a totally different attitude than the rest of the designers... not neurotic or high strung, not hurling semi-bitchy insults as the other designer's designs during confession or trying to prove herself like the rest (redemption, etc). Hell, even her elimination speech was calm and rationally thought out! She is definitely not a candidate for reality TV based on personality. Every season has one of these artsy people like her or Ping, etc, and it's a shame they don't stick around for long.

I am also thrilled Gordana is back. She has such skill and I also really like her humility. A lot of over the top personalities going on, if I didn't know any better, I'd think this was RUPAUL'S DRAG RACE.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Kenley:
    If the Playboy Mansion had an auto shop, this is what the attendants would wear. They dress as nurses, with car mats strapped on them, to find out what’s ailing your vehicle and prescribe a treatment while at the same time giving the drivers a peep show.

Mila:
    I hate both the outfit and the styling. The mullet hairdo, the red-rimmed eyes, the smock top running in two different directions and the cutout tights…yikes! The model is either a college student who has stayed awake for the last 72 hours cramming for final exams or a lobotomy patient who threw on whatever clothes she could find and wandered out of the hospital in a daze, still heavily doped on meds.
    hahahahaha. you're going to make me pee my pants!
    Last edited by Endit; 01-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.
    MFWalkoff, Bunny555 and Babbred like this.

Although I do miss the regular personalities of host/judges/mentor, maybe it was the other familiar faces that made this show seem worth watching. It was a nice change and I actually liked some of the creations too. The judges seemed to do a great job choosing top and bottom three, hopefully this season will end fairly. I get so sick of the other PR being so obviously biased.

I like the new mix of host/judge personalities, because it makes it feel like I'm watching some non-US edition of PR, like Canada or Australia. Those are usually just as fun as any US season...
    Endit likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Personally, I really enjoyed the show. I liked the judges far more than I expected to.
    Angela was great...how often to do you see a model who speaks well and seems animated? Issac wasn't as simpering as he was on his own show, Georgina, besides being drop dead gorgeous, seemed fair and the opposite of cranky ol' Nina.
    Rami's outfit was suberb and Sweet Pea should have been the one sent home. It was so incredibly boring and unimaginative and that's something you definitely couldn't say about Elisa's....even though I didn't like her finished product at all. Joanna Coles even tried to tell Sweet Pea that she was going in the wrong direction.
    All in all, I finally felt good during and after watching this episode, which I haven't felt for a few seasons now.
    Do miss Tim Gunn a lot still but I liked Joanna.
    inthegarden likes this.

Looking at the outfits I want to say one thing... Kenley's dress really didn't use that bathmat well in the dress. It looks like a bathmat, and it wasn't flattering. It was about as bad as Sweet P's dress looking obviously like terry cloth.

And Mondo rivals that one guy who made the pants out of garbage bags - and both do not look like they were made out of such materials.

I enjoyed this premiere. I thought Sweet P's dress was the worst, but I'm not sorry Elisa went home. I would rather continue to watch Sweet P than Elisa, because Elisa grates on my nerves.

The model hostess did a decent job, but I found myself a bit bored with her. Hopefully that will change as she settles into her role. I did miss Tim though, he makes this show what it is and I would have loved to see him reunited with these designers. It would be really great if he made a guest appearance at some point during this season.

I agree with the previous comments about April's hair. My first thought was that she looks like she's channeling a Targaryen (end of nerdy commentary)

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    Not just you. I noticed it too.

Bottom three was right too. Surprised that it wasn't Sweet Pea who went home. She took what was basically already 'fabric' and made a very poorly constructed dress. Elisa's outfit was way out there, but then again, so is she. Loved Michael's mop dress. April's was lacking in comparison....Mila's outfit looked like it walked off the set of a Sci-Fi movie and Kenley's struck me as a flight attendant on some wacky airline.
    Last year I was standing next to Rami at the cutting table at Michael Levine's in Los Angeles. Surprised that he was quite tall and pretty buffed out. When I saw him on All Stars I thought he had gained weight....definitely. By the way, when I saw him he had a roll of some "white fabric" and I was dying to tell him to remember what Nina said -- more color.... ;-)

I agreed with Costello -- he thought April's mop dress better than his. Glad Elisa left -- couldn't take another episode of her boring cerebral nonsense. Next should be Costello as already he's starting to kvetch like he did the first time around. Someone asked if Sweet P's dress was the only one that didn't have their dress shown initially. They also didn't show Kara's. I "think" there was someone else who wasn't shown either. I found it odd.

I love Sweet P....she looked fabulous but was surprised that they didn't send her home. Glad they didn't though.

BTW, read that Santino Rice very suspicious why he was omitted from the All Stars show.

Let the games begin.
    Arielflies likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

I forgot to add that Sweet Pea looked soooo much better than she had before. She used to look like an old woman, trying to stay a little girl and all it did was make her look like a blonde bimbo. Now she looks like a middle-aged woman with taste and style, who knows what she's doing.

I wondered why Santino wasn't included. Anyone have details?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast