+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Project Runway All Stars Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Project Runway All Stars Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I like the judges panel. They were kind. They were not heavy into criticism....very glamtoo.

Elisa is so sweet. I agree with the judges decision. She is interesting. O want to listento philosophize.

Rami is most perfect for Neiman Marcus. He is the dreamy designer. Kindest fit and flattery to the general female population I know I'd Sweet Pea.

I liked that Kara's was different. Keenly has the worst voice. And my second favorite dress was Anthony.

All in all very glam....
    Wonder if they can get Wendy Pepper back.... Sickness. Could she get under everyone's skin? Could she edge her way to the top mysteriously? That's talent. Just kidding. No I do not want to actually want to see her back. But that first season was one of the most glamorous.

Thumbs up to the all star season
    You can do it!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I'll post pictures of the runway fashions as soon as I can assemble them. My computer is being slow this morning so it might take a while. Hopefully I'll get it done before I go to lunch.

If I continue to watch it will only be for the designers. The first episode makes me miss Heidi & Michael. Nina I could do without.
    Did anyone catch the 24 hour catwalk afterwards?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Awwww, man! I missed it. : (
    Good thing it will probably repeat at least 5 times before next week!

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

There is a thread for 24 Catwalk in the Other Reality Shows Forum.

I'm going to watch now and then post there.

Thank you pikachu for bringing over the photos when you can. I would really like to compare the Sweet Pea dresses if I can and right now I'm way too lazy to go to the website.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I don't think they showed us enough of the dresses each brought....it was a flash and gone and sometimes the shot was partially covered with a graphic.... There were just two people I didn't know as I did skip 2 seasons. I think Rami is the one to beat, now that he is doing structured garments as well as draped. In his first season, he just draped everything. I was amazed Sweett Pea put that dishrags out on the runway and they looked like limp dishrags hanging together...isn't that the worst insult you can make of a dress...It looks like a limp dishrag.

The judges and the host were all fine. I do tune in for the fashion......not the personalities so much. With or without the old cast, the show is still fine for me.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Here are pictures of this week's fashions. Sorry I didn't include pictures of the outfits the designers brought with them before the challenge. The Lifetime website didn't have very good pictures of the full outfits individually. We only saw parts of some outfits or saw the models in groups so I decided not to include them.

MFWalkoff likes this.

The silver hair of April's ages her at least 20 years....why would you do that?!?!?!
    jucamer likes this.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

I love her - but Sweet Pea should have gone home last night - not Elisa
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

My critiques:
    A few words about my design aesthetic before I get to my reviews…

I look for good construction (crisp, even hemlines, fabric that doesn’t gape, bunch up, or pull to one side, a design that looks finished, etc), a good concept (something original and imaginative, current, functional, etc), and of course a look that appeals to me. I like some color, not all neutrals, but not really loud colors or ultra-high contrast. I’m a little iffy on prints. They can be ok but I tend to like either subtle prints or solid-colored fabrics. I don’t like outfits that are see-throughy, too tight, too revealing, too short, or too over-the top. I’d like to think that the average woman could wear this look and it would fit in with her lifestyle without looking like she stepped off a stage or escaped from the circus.

Anthony:
    I noticed when Anthony was on Project Runway before that his outfits were a bit too hoochie for my taste and the trend continues. I like his dress ok but it wouldn’t be right for every woman and you couldn’t sit down or bend over in this outfit or you’d risk a Lindsey Lohan/Britney Spears moment. Which is fine if you love your underwear and want to show it to everyone or if you’re an exhibitionist and want to reveal to the world that you go commando. This outfit isn’t too original but it is well-constructed, the color choices are good, and the details aren’t overdone. The styling of the model is perfect for this dress.

April:
    There are many things I don’t like about this dress. I think it could do without the black tulle or whatever that is escaping from the neckline. It makes it look like the inner lining of the dress got pulled out when the model put the dress over her head and it needs to be tucked back in. I also don’t like the gladiator sandals with this dress. I feel like there needs to be some detail at the waist, like maybe a corset or wide belt, to emphasize the model’s curves. As it is, the small dots of color and the strips of mop make her look wide around the waist. Some cinching in would correct that.

Austin:
    Austin is one of my all-time favorite PR designers but he sure bombed on this mess! I hate the choice of fabric, from the texture of it to the color, and the style is very unflattering. His model looks like a female version of David Bowie from his early Ziggy Stardust days. This getup makes me feel that the model arrived at the studio in her underpants and Austin covered her with a vinyl raincoat to send her out on the runway. I hope he gets better from here or I predict an early exit for Mr. Scarlett.

Elisa:
    I cringed when Elisa’s model flung her arms open to reveal these awful magenta and black boy shorts. I was yelling at her “Put your arms down! Cover them up again!”. The whole earthy, hippy-dippy-trippy thing doesn’t appeal to me anyway but I could live with it. If this top had been paired with a flowy skirt or made into a knee-length dress I would have liked it more but the shorts are atrocious. She looks like a little kid in her underoos playing Superman with her mommy’s clothes.

Gordana:
    If this model was a package received in my office’s mailroom, I think they would have it examined by a bomb squad. It clearly has a stick of dynamite entwined in the bubble wrap and metal shrapnel ready to be ejected at whoever opens the package. Get this kamikaze model off the runway before someone gets hurt!

Jerell:
    Jerell’s outfit was one of my favorites this week. The cut is stylish and imaginative, the color palette isn’t too bland or too crazy, and I could see this dress looking good on many different women for several different functions, formal or less formal. The construction is wonderful, too!

Kara:
    This look isn’t too original, the styling is costumy, and the construction is hinky. I noticed on the runway, and you can see in the picture of the back, that the top seems to be drooping on one side and the skirt’s hem looks a bit uneven. Whether that’s from it not being put on the model straight or if it’s bad construction is unclear but it creates an overall unfinished look. I think the model looks like a tourist at the end of a long day at a theme park. She’s anxious to get back to her hotel, kick off her shoes, and take a dip in the pool to relax. Tomorrow she’ll wear the Goofy t-shirt she bought in the gift shop and comfy jeans for her trip home.

Kenley:
    If the Playboy Mansion had an auto shop, this is what the attendants would wear. They dress as nurses, with car mats strapped on them, to find out what’s ailing your vehicle and prescribe a treatment while at the same time giving the drivers a peep show.

Michael:
    I like what Michael did with the mop heads better than what April did. The construction of the dress is well-done and visually interesting. I could see a woman wearing this to a party and people wouldn’t think it was constructed from a mop. It looks flattering on the model, the cutouts in the back and the way the layers are draped showing off her curves.

Mila:
    I hate both the outfit and the styling. The mullet hairdo, the red-rimmed eyes, the smock top running in two different directions and the cutout tights…yikes! The model is either a college student who has stayed awake for the last 72 hours cramming for final exams or a lobotomy patient who threw on whatever clothes she could find and wandered out of the hospital in a daze, still heavily doped on meds.

Mondo:
    Mondo’s outfits was another one of my favorites this week. He uses many different textures and manages to pull them together in a cohesive outfit with the right proportions. This little black dress would work for many occasions. My only nitpick is that it’s a bit too short for me. He adds a few quirky touches of his own in the styling of the hat and the belt to make this outfit look original, not like something I’ve seen before.

Rami:
    What the judges liked about Mondo’s dress is what I didn’t like about this one—the proportions. I think the frills by the shoulders and waistline are way overdone and the hemline is too short. I would not have picked this as the winner this week. Personally, I think it’s gaudy, costumy, and the only person who would wear this is Lady Gaga…and she’s not a fashion icon I care to emulate.

Sweet P:
    I never have liked Sweet P. She’s an odd duck and her fashion sense doesn’t appeal to me. Her model looks like a Pocahantas salt shaker you’d see with a Pilgrim pepper shaker in a condiment set for Thanksgiving. All that’s missing is the feathered headdress. Even if the construction of the outfit had been better and not uneven and chewed-looking, like the judges pointed out, the overall design is unimaginative and very basic. Where on earth would you even wear this and not look ridiculous???
    Endit likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast