Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Project Accessory 12/15 Show Discussion

Project Accessory 12/15 Show Discussion

Getting closer to the finale -- title of this edition is "Bugging Out."
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Re: Project Accessory 12/15 Show Discussion

I think Christina was robbed. She has consistantly performed well throughout the season, hasn't been in the bottom, and the judges have seemed to like her work. Last night she may have gone a little on the boring side, but there was nothing wrong with what she made- it just wasn't one of her best weeks. I really am surprised she got the boot- I had her or Rich pegged for the win. I love what Nina makes, Diego is way too inconsistant, and (can't remember his name) is a total train wreck- that resin beetle was hideous! I cannot imagine even the most 'out there' of celebs walking down the red carpet in that...and the styling made her look like the walking dead. Scary for sure.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I was disappointed that Diego was let go instead of Brian. I totally don't get Brian's stuff. I understand why the judges let Diego go, though. He definitely had a niche. He could design a great handbag but wasn't so great on the shoes and jewelry. They're looking for someone skilled at many types of accessories.

Since Diego is gone, now I'm rooting for Nina.

Out of these three - I'd want to see Nina win. She's had the most consistent and beautiful work.

Brian - the only thing I've liked of his was those gem encrusted heels.

Rich is also good and creative - I still love his triangle necklace. Lots of work and love went into it.

Nina and Rich are the two who deserve to win. Brian's stuff just overall has looked cheap and it's shown in many of his designs.

Diego had a lovely butterfly cuff. I wish he had thought of just using the wings and doing a resin cast or put the wings into a glass bezel and turned it into a gorgeous necklace. Then again, if they had to use the insect whole, he should've used a brighter color on the headpiece to let it stand out.

I think Rich got really lucky this episode using the bugs. Even I have to say his accessories fit his gown beautifully. That being said, I am surprised he is still even here as he has totally flopped along so far. I can see Rich and Nina being the top designers for this particular challenge. The remaining three were interesting. Both Christina and Diego seemed to have one mishap each, Christina's hair comb and Diego's headpiece. As for Brian I thought his accessories were one hot mess. I can see that given time the beetle necklace could have been superb but it was not. But to keep Brian over Christina and Diego because he took chances while Diego played it safe all the time and Christina was not on her game this week was very subjective and not based on what was produced this challenge. I hate when the judges play with the rules. I would have preferred to see Nina, Diego and Christina in the finale. I can't imagine what Rich and Brian will produce. I can't see their pieces being that mass market, just for their particular niche market, but not mass market. Well at least this season is short and it will be all over next week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Anyone see the commercial for 24 Hour Catwalk starting January 10 at 10pm? Now that looked like fun. It has to be more exciting then the snoozefest that is Project Accessory.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looking at the designs again - I have to say that the judges were right on Nina and Rich for this challenge.

Brian's necklace is poorly made and ugly - I mean - it looks like a school project gone wrong bad. Even my silversmith and jewelrymaking teacher would've failed him, and he was pretty lenient on some projects (mine were actually overall liked).

I think Diego for sure should've been there even with the headpiece. Christina I don't know here - I think it'd depended on her entire season of work. Going by just this challenge - Rich did overall beat both.

But ALL three are better than Brian.

Final should have Nina win - almost all if not all of her items have been almost right to store ready and lovely. People would wear her stuff - though I will admit I'd had trouble wearing the spider bracelet (I am not fond of bugs, but she did it brilliantly).

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Looking at the designs again - I have to say that the judges were right on Nina and Rich for this challenge.
    Yes, they definitely had the best designs this week. I had no problem with Rich winning and Nina making the final.

Brian's necklace is poorly made and ugly - I mean - it looks like a school project gone wrong bad. Even my silversmith and jewelrymaking teacher would've failed him, and he was pretty lenient on some projects (mine were actually overall liked).

That has got to be one of the ugliest things I have ever seen made on either this show or even PR. Who in the heck was that woman who gushed, "Oh, Bryan, I just love it!" Honey, if that's the kind of crud that you love, remind me to not wear whatever it is you make. And it was so stupid of Bryan to do it! That's what got me. The necklace looked pretty decent before he went over-the-top and dumped that goo all over it. And then his attitude. "Look at me, I'm Mr. Big Shot Designer and my stuff is perfect." No, it's not, it's ugly. I don't care what the judges said, that horn purse from last week was just ugly, too. I would far rather have seen one of Diego's lovely, "safe" handbags in the finale, then another piece of crud from Bryan.

I think Diego for sure should've been there even with the headpiece. Christina I don't know here - I think it'd depended on her entire season of work. Going by just this challenge - Rich did overall beat both.

But ALL three are better than Brian.
    I'm from Texas, and so I can safely say that Diego's headpiece looked like a butterfly had landed on cow poo. His other pieces, though, were lovely so I agree that he should have been kept over Bryan.

Christina's barrette looked like her bug had gone splat on the model's head. Her other pieces, like Diego's, were also lovely, too, so I would rather have seen her in the final than Bryan.

Final should have Nina win - almost all if not all of her items have been almost right to store ready and lovely. People would wear her stuff - though I will admit I'd had trouble wearing the spider bracelet (I am not fond of bugs, but she did it brilliantly).
    Here's hoping that Nina or Rich wins. If Bryan wins, then who in the heck is going to wear his stuff? Seriously, any actress stupid enough to wear that necklace on the red carpet will find herself on a "Worst Dressed" list in a hurry.
    Photobabe likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I too thought Nina and Rich deserved their places. Bryan for sure did not. That was ugly.

I was thinking before this last show that I really liked how they chose the contestants to pick their models, based on their placing in last week's challenge. I thought it was something they did better than PR. Then they went and ruined it by letting them pick the next contestant.

I agree and disagree with everyone :-). Even though Rich won this challenge and finally had a hit...I ddin't like it and thought Christina and Diego deserved the final 3 along with Nina. But it's just my taste and based off the season as a whole. Brian...should have went long ago.

I am rooting for Nina to win. I've like all her stuff all season....even though I wouldn't wear the spider bracelet...I would without the insect in the middle but not with it. I HATE bugs!!! I can't imagine wearing them even if dead....shiver...
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast