+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Maybaybie
  • 1 Post By pikachu

Thread: Project Accessory 12/08 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Project Accessory 12/08 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I put spoilers in there just so people could be freer to talk.

This is for tonight's show, which is the third from season finale.

Re: Project Accessory 12/08 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

This is one of those episodes I have to go what the hey on the results...

Mind you I loved they had to design for who they did.

But Brian with the unicorn horn clutch and a cheap looking bolo tie (I mean, I could make a similar looking one out of polymer clay and it look more expensive), as the WINNER? I wasn't as fond of Nina's ensemble, but she did have the better overall look. I also liked the envelope purse - pretty color, and the earrings were not nearly as bad as they claimed (I've seen cheaper looking earrings for $500, these looked more expensive honestly). Ryan's necklace and earrings were nice - edgy, sharp and the like (though I'd blunted the points of the triangles a bit just as an added safety), but his clutch was too flat and wrong color (though nice design overall on it)

Not too surprised with the bottom two - Diego's clutch was pretty but the wrong shape. It was again the only true clutch of the entire group. His chandelier earrings... Sheesh, they really were chandeliers in the look and the weight. I've seen mobiles with the crystals look lighter (and they were larger). I've done diachroic dangles, and yes, eve with one inch by one-half inch pieces... they're lighter (and they're were pretty heavy).

Adrian just had been in the bottom two one too many times that this time he couldn't be saved. I liked the cuff, but it did look cheap (as in early jewelrymaker project) close up. The chain design on the clutch wasn't too bad, but it was on the wrong part and the chain was too heavy to begin with to make a proper clutch chain design. I loved his ring though - very chic in its simplicity.

I also thought he had the classiest exit I've ever seen on one of these shows - he put the show in its proper place in life: He said he'd like to have made it to five, but he was ecstatic to make top six. He also said the exposure would be good and he knew there were people who would like his work (and I admit I do - I don't wear hats to church often, but I would wear one of his.)

FORT Fogey

It is difficult to see the creations; they spend very little time showing us a close up. Since everyone has a specialty they all struggle with what is out of their skill set, unlike project runway. Something is off but I think they could tweak it to make a better show if it makes another season. They could use a stronger host and mentor, as well. It is flat.

I loved that bolo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    It is difficult to see the creations; they spend very little time showing us a close up. Since everyone has a specialty they all struggle with what is out of their skill set, unlike project runway. Something is off but I think they could tweak it to make a better show if it makes another season. They could use a stronger host and mentor, as well. It is flat.

I loved that bolo!
    I agree...we don't see much of the host so she doesn't bother me much, but the mentor is a snore!
    I always end up pausing the DVR when they are discussing each accessory so I can see the details and get a better look- they flash by them way too quick.
    I think it may better if they were given a general guideline and told to make any 2 accessories for it. I mean if you are a jewelry designer, the chance that you can make a great pair of pumps or a nice handbag is pretty remote.
    The show needs something, I'm just not sure what.
    Shoepie likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The show needs something, I'm just not sure what.
    It needs Tim Gunn. He has enough personality to make any show good.

I'm not a fan of Brian's work. It's too primitive for me, doesn't suit my style at all.

I wasn't bowled over by any of the creations this week and, frankly, I'm not bowled over with this show. It's no Project Runway.

I'm curious about a show they advertised during the commercials--24 Hour Runway. I'm not sure if I'd like it because I'd rather have designers be given ample time for their creations instead of having them rush to produce any old junk to meet the deadline but it's certainly worth checking out.

I can't wait for Project Runway All-Stars to start!
    Last edited by pikachu; 12-09-2011 at 08:47 AM.
    Shoepie likes this.

The mentor is too boring and she doesn't really give good input. In fact, most of the time the input I've seen her give people actually cause them to go into the bottom two.

I agree on the two accessories bit - it's much easier to design jewelry than it is to make a good pump/bag/clutch because there's more variety in jewelry as far as mediums than in the other areas.

Plus - and I say this as one - it doesn't take an idiot to make at least halfway decent jewelry.

Finally they need to increase the time like on "PR" because in both cases, it can take up to two days to get the items to look right. I have pictured at least two or three of these designs and wondered what they'd looked like had they had one more day of work.

I like the concept of the show - I really do, but given these limitations, most of them cannot produce what I'd say unique work that could still be duplicated for a chain or whatnot.

They all however - even eliminated contestants - been better than what Gretchen from "PR" designed for that fundraising jewelry.

(And sadly - I think Brian's gear is not going to sell well so there won't be much money going to AIDS research. I think they should've balanced it and had both Brian and Nina winners for this reason).

I did like Nina's the best and actually didn't like Brian's at all. That isn't my taste. I was surprised Brian won simply b/c to me that didn't say "Kenneth Cole" at all. I wasn't wowed by anyone's design though.

I don't mind the host but I don't like the mentor at all.

I like Nina and Christina (I think that's her name...the blond) the best. They both do intricate work and is good. They both seem to have the most variety in terms of being able to make all the accessories even though one may be their "thing".
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Double elimination this week and the finale next week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    This is one of those episodes I have to go what the hey on the results...

Mind you I loved they had to design for who they did.

But Brian with the unicorn horn clutch and a cheap looking bolo tie (I mean, I could make a similar looking one out of polymer clay and it look more expensive), as the WINNER? I wasn't as fond of Nina's ensemble, but she did have the better overall look. I also liked the envelope purse - pretty color, and the earrings were not nearly as bad as they claimed (I've seen cheaper looking earrings for $500, these looked more expensive honestly). Ryan's necklace and earrings were nice - edgy, sharp and the like (though I'd blunted the points of the triangles a bit just as an added safety), but his clutch was too flat and wrong color (though nice design overall on it)
    I forgot to comment last week--shows how big of an impression this show has made on me. Yeah, I couldn't believe they kept falling over themselves to praise Bryan's purse. I thought it was hideous. I would only ever take that thing out if I were planning to murder somebody at my destination. Look, Ma, the horn detaches to become a weapon! Sheesh.

Not too surprised with the bottom two - Diego's clutch was pretty but the wrong shape. It was again the only true clutch of the entire group. His chandelier earrings... Sheesh, they really were chandeliers in the look and the weight. I've seen mobiles with the crystals look lighter (and they were larger). I've done diachroic dangles, and yes, eve with one inch by one-half inch pieces... they're lighter (and they're were pretty heavy).

Adrian just had been in the bottom two one too many times that this time he couldn't be saved. I liked the cuff, but it did look cheap (as in early jewelrymaker project) close up. The chain design on the clutch wasn't too bad, but it was on the wrong part and the chain was too heavy to begin with to make a proper clutch chain design. I loved his ring though - very chic in its simplicity.

I also thought he had the classiest exit I've ever seen on one of these shows - he put the show in its proper place in life: He said he'd like to have made it to five, but he was ecstatic to make top six. He also said the exposure would be good and he knew there were people who would like his work (and I admit I do - I don't wear hats to church often, but I would wear one of his.)

I loved Adrian's hats that they showed at the beginning of the season. I would love to wear one some day.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread