Thread: Project Accessory 12/1 Show Discussion

Project Accessory 12/1 Show Discussion

This week: Accessories for beachwear.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: Project Accessory 12/1 Show Discussion

Que pasa, mufasa?

I don't get to watch until tomorrow so any updates would be super!

Talk about cop-outs - to quote the contestants. Just about all used an actual hat to create a hat. Only a couple had headwear that had no basis from a hat, and admittedly I liked Brian's chopsticks for that reason (well that and it's a little bit more beachwear). For that reason too I was deeply disappointed in Adrian's creation. I loved his church hats to get on the show - this not so much.

Then Rich with the Sarong and headpiece ... THAT should've been the eliminated look, or bottom two. There was NO sewing or the like, just a simple cut and tie. The ring also looked like a kindergarten project. Hell, I could've made a better base using polymer clay (makes me wonder where they have a toaster oven for that type of clay) and still showed off the sea glass.

I did love the necklace of sea glass that Nina made. While I know that Molly, et. al. want her to show off more work, the intricacies of that necklace were very hard to make and it looked like it could be in the store right then.

Seeing stuff like this makes me seriously doubt this will last longer than two seasons. There's no gigantic wow factor. I think my favorite entire outfit was the winning entry on the catsuit challenge.

So, who went home?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225 View Post
    So, who went home?
    The woman who made the chain belt with the large shell. I don't know the names yet.

I am begining to get into this show now. I loved the winners necklace; I want it. I liked the headpiece made from a T-shirt. It was the only head gear that made sense for the beach. It was closer to what I would have made. As they made hats I was thinking that you would want your hair swept back in a pony tail with something soft to wrap on your head to cover your probably sweaty and sandy hair to look neat.

Shea is the girl's name who went home. She had barely escaped the double elimination a couple of weeks ago and I think did an OK job with her bag.

Adrian I'm thinking will be next unless he really kicks it up a notch. That said, I am surprised that he was below Rich (or Rick) in his design though. I think they punished him more because he's a hat maker, because at least he created a hat and decorated it. Rich's was a cut and tie - which is also why I got irritated with another headpiece. Yeah... it says headpiece and not hat, but it's NOT innovative to cut fabric and tie it around someone's head.

Thanks!! Great reviews! I've been impressed with Nina's attention to detail. Definitely good at jewelry and seems to have skills enough for the rest of it. Sad to hear Adrian didn't do better. Something kind of likeable about him.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Adrian I'm thinking will be next unless he really kicks it up a notch. That said, I am surprised that he was below Rich (or Rick) in his design though. I think they punished him more because he's a hat maker, because at least he created a hat and decorated it. Rich's was a cut and tie - which is also why I got irritated with another headpiece. Yeah... it says headpiece and not hat, but it's NOT innovative to cut fabric and tie it around someone's head.

Sums it up for me. I was also surprised that Adrian was below Rich, and that was the only thing I could think of, too. I have to confess, I actually liked Adrian's outfit. I've seen pictures of stars in the past wearing floppy hats like that so I liked the vintage look of it. I also thought his shoes were pretty.

And I'm sorry, but tying a piece of fabric around somebody's head is not a headpiece. It's something a sweaty basketball player would put on. I didn't like Rich's tye-dyed babushka head covering or that woman who tied the black fabric on her model's head.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread