+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PR9 11/3 - Tim Gunn Behind the Seams special - Show Discussion

PR9 11/3 - Tim Gunn Behind the Seams special - Show Discussion

Starts at 9PM ET, followed by a new Project Acceesory (which will have its own thread).

Enjoy the decoys!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: PR9 11/3 - Tim Gunn Behind the Seams special - Show Discussion

What a sweet tribute to Tim, it brought tears to my eyes. I liked seeing some of the other stuff too, but that was extra special.

I was kind of disappointed in it. It was like Tim Gunn light. I liked the fact that they gave Tim the tribute, but it felt so contrived. I wish they would have showed the decoy collections. I enjoyed Tim's Facebook videos more before he, IMHO, was muffled.

Where was Josh? Did I miss an explaination for his absence?

Tim is a genuinely good soul.

I thoughtthe recorder was set. It was not. Rrrrrrrrrrrr I wanted to see the other lines.
    You can do it!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Where was Josh? Did I miss an explaination for his absence?
    I didn't hear any explanation for his absence, but I was happy he wasn't there. It just seemed to me that his taped "tribute" was all about Josh and how Tim helped to make HIM a great designer. The others spoke about Tim's attributes - good teacher, great mentor, kindhearted, etc. And Josh's (not surprisingly) was all about Josh.

I did enjoy the show. IMO, Tim Gunn is THE highest quality person on any competition show I've ever seen.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    I was kind of disappointed in it. It was like Tim Gunn light. I liked the fact that they gave Tim the tribute, but it felt so contrived. I wish they would have showed the decoy collections. I enjoyed Tim's Facebook videos more before he, IMHO, was muffled.
    They showed photos, but it is always nice to see how the clothes actually move . . .

Rats, I was hoping they would show all the decoy collections.
    Allie likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I liked the idea of the Tim Gunn awards but thought they were kind of weak. Kimberly got an award for always being the last designer out of the workroom? Olivier got one for poor time management??

I wonder how they decided which designers would be in the behind the seams special. Did they invite them all and only those few showed up?

I didn't see Josh's comments as being all about him. I appreciated that his comments were more specific about how Tim helped him than the generic comments the other designers gave.

I noticed Anya's hair looks just like Anthony Ryan's now. I wish she had left it long.

I was surprised at Tim getting all blubbery over the designers' tribute to him. It wasn't THAT great to me. I expected more heartfelt comments from the designers to get that reaction.

Overall, it was a disappointing special. I agree it would have been nice to see the decoy collections on the runway instead of just pictures of them.
    Allie likes this.

I thought the show was pretty good for a first time production by low budget Lifetime ... personally think the "flatness" of the set they filmed on as the largest problem. Let me add ...

The first two designers eliminated, Rafael and Josh C did a decoy look for the "big" stilt look for the pubic runway. The two challenges considered season 9 flops were the "big" stilt runway show and the rock band challenge insofar as designers producing the kind of "wow" that the show had hoped for.

Burt got the most likely designer to ask the most questions about a challenge. Anya won the make it work award. (IMO, Olivier was eliminated because he disappointed, and disappointed because he couldn't produce "on time", so his poor time management award was appropriate.)

Tim complained about glue guns ... said never before used so much. (Tim must have forgotten that Santino glued nearly all his seams together, but whatever.) It was Anthony Ryan shown gluing more than anyone else, including two winning looks. Tim also knocked designers this season for sewing clothes closed on their models and not using closures.

Laura won the best decoy collection award. After seeing all the decoy collections on my television screen, better understand two comments coming from bloggers that watched the fashion week runway shows live --- that both Viktor and Josh's collections considered decoys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast