+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Project Accessory 10/27 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: Project Accessory 1 (premieres Oct. 29th) - News & Speculation

And I think the only reason they kept the biker/rocker chic was because she is the only there to do that type of work. To me, she should have been out b/c she didn't even try.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Re: Project Accessory 10/27 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yeah... I agree she didn't try. Most anyone could make the looks she did. Heck, even James' collar necklace was better looking and more work oriented. (Then again, jewelry saws are pretty easy to work with).

There were a few contestants who said they had never done jewelry before. And what they did wasn't too bad considering they have never made jewelry before. They must have had some basic knowledge of jewelry making though.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    There were a few contestants who said they had never done jewelry before. And what they did wasn't too bad considering they have never made jewelry before. They must have had some basic knowledge of jewelry making though.
    Yes, but very basic. A lot did simple loops or stringing/stitching. There were a few that were a bit more elaborate, such as the creation of a ring, which requires exact sizing or you will have to redo, or if cast in metal, will have to either cut/solder together (if too small) or use a ring mandrel and stretch the metal using a leather-tipped hammer and lots of patience.

I've actually done the latter and not only does it take a while, the constant pinging when the hammer hits the mandrel as well as the ring will give you a headache. My case, the ring had to be reshaped - it was my first cast ring - and stretched from a 4 to 6. I also was able to do that well.

It will be interesting if they have to do some concepts such as chainmaille or other types of fabrication. I do wonder if they'll do some casting though. I'd LOVE to see them have a challenge where they do a cuttlefish casting and have to estimate how much silver is needed to fill the mold and create the piece. They get one cuttlefish cast to do this, so it'd have to show timing, and understanding on how to orient your cast design, and a good eye for measurement. (Cuttlefish castings are a one-time deal - once cast, they are destroyed because the hot metal burns the natural squid material that is dried cuttlefish. That said there is another drawback - the cast smells like burnt chicken feathers when casting.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I was shocked the guy with the white flower motif was not eliminated! What did they see in that to allow it to survive over the woman who left? She overworked her look, to be sure, but she did so much more than finding fake flowers in the storage unit.
    I could see how a lot of people wouldn't like the flower accessories. I kind of liked them but would have edited them way way down. I thought he just over-used them. There were just too many flowers. Or they were too big....not sure which.
    Guess that shows how different people are....I thought the winner's necklace looked good from a distance but up close, not so much. But.... to each his own.

I don't think the lady that got sent home should have left over the rocker chick. The judges decided to keep the rocker chick based on the potential of what they thought she could create in future shows. I hate when they do that on PRunway and now they are doing that hear. Lame, lame, lame.
    Allie and mandmmom2 like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12