+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 10/27 Finale Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: 10/27 Finale Discussion Thread *West Coast Spoilers*

So the winning designer can barely sew, can't make a sleeve to save her life, and all her looks are the same, and that's supposed to inspire a shoe line? What, flip-flops? Anya seems nice, so that's a step up from Gretchen, but I'd have preferred eyebrow boy to win as at least his collection seemed more than beach caftans.*

*Caveat, I only watched the last 15 minutes as life has been a bit hectic this week.

Was surprised not just at Josh being second but Anya winning.

Why you may ask? Well, it's a bit spoilery in case people weren't noticing this detail... so...

Click to see Spoiler:
    They announced she was the fan favorite so early in the show that I was afraid that she lost.

I agree Victor edited herself out of the competition.

Josh's was good except for the green shorts and I agree the boring jacket and striped top. I thought it looked lovely but compared to the rest of his runway, it was out of place.

Anya had a better swimsuit and really used the money and gift to her advantage at Mood to her advantage. That along with editing is why I think she won this season's title. I do agree though that if she is to have long term success she will have to create more than plunging neckline dresses and expand a bit in her dress, such as the jacket. That said, sleeves are something that can be learned, so I think she will be able to succeed long term.

I'm not disappointed with this season's results or the show overall; however, I'm looking forward to the All-Stars season and more of the Project Accessory.

I think after last year's winner, the producers wanted to make sure the viewers would get a winner they liked. Anya was my favorite- but I was actually surprised she won. The way the judges were raving, I thought Josh was going to win (thank goodness that wasn't the case!). I was pleasantly surprised by Kimberley's collection, but I think the judges dismissed her before she even showed at FW. I like color and was glad to see it on the Runway this sesaon. I loved most of Viktor's stuff, but I do agree he looked like he was showing 2 different collections and I think that was his downfall- the judges are big on cohesion. I think they liked that Anya knew her "point of view" the most out of the four and that was one of the main reasons for her win. Even though she didn't sew a sleeve or pants or even a jacket, we have to remember this is about designing the clothes because she is a designer and this Project Runway, not Project Seamstress (although I'm sure that will be coming down the pike on Lifetime after Project Accessory and Project Styling and Project Shoe ). After PR, if she wants to pay someone to sew her designs, she can.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

When I viewed the still shots of the MBFW collections a few weeks ago, Bert and Anya were my favorites. Seeing the collections on the runway tonight, my favorites were Anya and Viktor. I didn't like a lot of Viktor's black pieces, but I was willing to forgive him those - I didn't like several of Josh's and Kimberly's outfits either. I still don't understand the judges raving over Josh's draping in that first dress t- it doesn't look right to me, and it still gapes at the back. I loved Kimberly's black evening gown and some of her tops. She made some great pants in the challenges, but her pants here didn't look like anything special.

Anya won quite a few challenges throughout the season and had some really good pieces. I was rooting for Anya. I would have been happy with a Viktor win, and okay with a Kimberly win. For a minute or two, I thought Josh might win and we'd have to watch his head inflate to four or five times its current size.

I liked the camaraderie amongst the final four. And it was sweet of Anya to lend her sewing kit items to Kimberly.

I'm not terribly upset with the results.
    I just miss the Project Runway I had come to love.
    I still watch because it's so similar to the old show but am continually disappointed.

I did like Anya's clothes the best. She did win quite a few challenges. So did Kim. My favorites were the two girls.

Josh's green shorts glared ugly. And there was quite a bit of plastic going on. I do not want to feel like I am wearing a costume or junior wear. Wear it once and nobody wNts to see it again. But on a positive note, Josh has a true reverence for the advantage he hasbeengiven.

Victor was doing Victoria secret wear. But the world does not exist of talk women. And the dresses just screamfor attention. Last week one of the people at a work Halloween party got drunk, stripped off his costume revealing a borat onesie underneath, danced all around, while people took phone pictures of him. On Monday everyone talked about what a fool he was. We apparentlywere not over whelmed with seduction. Gross! Showing us all your nasty old stuff. 40 year old man.

Everyone has parts, weird exposure just says that the person inside must be crying for attention. And you do not trust them with ordinary stuff. No underwear!

I kind of like the bubble butt skirt. Cute! Lots if construction in it. Looking forwardto seeing the other collectionsz

FORT Fogey

I agree with Anya winning. Nina said it all. She is the one with the potential to have a clear style and following and Nina was confident that she would. I agree.

And to do all those new pieces in the two days before was astounding! The clothes she wore herself throughout the show were almost better than her collection even though I did love it. Particularly the 2 or 3 red ones she worn in the final 2 shows. She has the personality and style to succeed. It doesnt matter that she is not a skilled seamstress. She will have people sewing her designs in no time! I would not be surprised to see someone step up and back her. Or a big name hire her.

I don't know if everyone caught the commercial or not, but next Thursday there is a "Behind the Seams with Tim Gunn" special on that will show the decoy collections. I think that will be interesting and I great idea on LIfetime's part.

The clothes Victor is wearing. Ummm. I think he wants to be a child. Me too. I must have that outfit for my tv watching sessions at home.

This show has gone down the tubes. I don't get how Anya won. All she did was made a bunch of Kaftan garments for retirees in Florida. None of it was tailored made like Viktors, Kimberly and even Josh. I didn't like any of Anya's clothes because you can get that any where. Nothing new at all. Since she is so good with sheets, she should be good with her bed linen line lol!

Now Viktor and Kimberly's were great. I loved all of Viktor's and was surprise that Heidi didn't like his see thru black dress because we all know she would wear that dress in a heart beat because she thinks her old ass is pretty.

Okay, I am done venting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast